Golovin or Sharapova? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #1
country flag I love Mary

I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice I love Mary is just really nice
Golovin or Sharapova?

Who do you prefer?
And who do you think is the most talented and get more title?

I think Maria Sharapova.

Best luck to:
Nadia - Jennifer - Amelie - Marion - Tati - Serena - Alicia
Venus - Anastasia - Elena B. - Elena D. - Vera - Svetlana - Nicole
Karolina - Ai - Jelena D. - Virginie - Francesca - Nathalie - Chanda - Flavia
I love Mary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #2
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen tati play.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #3
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
lied. I saw the two of them play eachother, actually, two years ago in Miami in the juniors . Maria was much MUCH better then...
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:20 PM   #4
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute
i haven't seen Golovin play, but imo her run at the Australian Open and Paris is much better than some of the things Maria has done. I'm sure Golovin has beaten better players than Maria has

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #5
country flag Rtael
Team WTAworld

Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute Rtael has a reputation beyond repute
Golovin!

"You Worry About Your Jump Rope and Yourself!" -Coral on Battle of the Sexes 2

Running for the cliff again...
Rtael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:24 PM   #6
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
I saw them both at Junior Wimbledon in 2002... and back then I knew that they'd both be something special. God, I'm good at talent-spotting

Right now, Maria is probably ahead game-wise (though obviously I haven't seen Tati play for nearly two years), but she's older. As impressive as Tati's recent runs have been, she's also had a lot of luck. I have no idea who will turn out better... they're both so talented, it's a question of who gets the most out of it.
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #7
country flag for-sure

for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point
Tatiana did face many walkerovers although the win vs. Elena was good.
for-sure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #8
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i havent seen tati play but up to this stage going on results and who is challenging the top players more i would say masha, having said that tati hasnt played many top top players so its kind of hard to tell. but tati has had some luck. i guess to look at it another way is that tati has had more opportunities than masha with the french open WC's etc but im not really sure who is better since i havent seen tati play, but masha is very talented and for someone to get the results that tati is getting at her age they also have to be quite talented.tati is one of the juniors i want to follow through to the end of her career, also sharapova, krajicek and vaidisova. these 4 players imo are all going to be very good and are all extremely talented.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #9
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
I can't say as I haven't seen Tati play, how does she play?? Though what I've seen of Masha I've been very impressed with

Libertango is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #10
country flag Jarrett
Don't mess with Texas!

Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of Jarrett has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
i haven't seen Golovin play, but imo her run at the Australian Open and Paris is much better than some of the things Maria has done. I'm sure Golovin has beaten better players than Maria has
Really? Who?

But anyway, I haven't seen this other girl play. But I have been very impressed with Maria.
"Gee, Quinn... I hope that little foray of yours into Geekland just now is the result of heat exhaustion, and not an unpleasant side effect of all that tutoring. I mean, you're not turning into a brain, are you?" -- Sandi

Jarrett is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM   #11
johnboy4

johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Golovin
johnboy4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #12
country flag jlamire

jlamire has disabled reputation
Don't know Maria quite well. But she has about 1 more year of experience on the tour than Tatiana.
I've seen Tatiana play today against Elena Dementieva. Most of the time the quality of the game was not very good if you compare it to the match of Mary against Bovina (the service of Dementieva makes me feel not very comfortable, it is so weak sometimes).
However what's impressive is how she handled all the events pretty well during the last weeks. Ok she is lucky somehow with the draw, injuries, etc...But you have to be experienced to do a good match after all that. She did not play a single complete mathc before this one, not sure it's easy to play a good game.
Seeing that match I thought that she would fail to convert the advantage she had and would lose in a 3rd set, just like it happens most of the time. But she closed it in 2 sets just like a top ten can do.
Eventually I noticed that she seems to be very consistent with her strokes. I've seen long rallies and that is Elena that made the error the first. She seemed not to use power all the time just like many girls do at her age.
jlamire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #13
country flag hewittrok

hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice
Golovin will just get better as she plays more tournanments.
hewittrok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #14
country flag DelMonte

DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future DelMonte has a brilliant future
i have no idea, but i just read this on yahoo tennis website:

"Golovin, 16, advanced to her first semifinal. She beat her first top-10 player in only her 11th career WTA Tour main draw singles match. Serena Williams holds the record as quickest to defeat a top-10 player in only her third tour match.

Golovin also is the lowest-ranked player, at No. 135, to reach a Tier I or Tier II semifinal since Williams, then ranked No. 304, made it to the 1997 Chicago semifinals."

no one is saying that tatiana will be the next serena williams but it's a great achievement nonetheless.

DelMonte
DelMonte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #15
country flag hewittrok

hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice hewittrok is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelMonte
i have no idea, but i just read this on yahoo tennis website:

"Golovin, 16, advanced to her first semifinal. She beat her first top-10 player in only her 11th career WTA Tour main draw singles match. Serena Williams holds the record as quickest to defeat a top-10 player in only her third tour match.

Golovin also is the lowest-ranked player, at No. 135, to reach a Tier I or Tier II semifinal since Williams, then ranked No. 304, made it to the 1997 Chicago semifinals."

no one is saying that tatiana will be the next serena williams but it's a great achievement nonetheless.

DelMonte
a good start to her career.
hewittrok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote