Dispelling the myth about players. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #1
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Dispelling the myth about players.

Isn't it amazing how a person may make a comment about a player, be it commentator, some tennis reporter or even a member on this board and suddenly it becomes gospel truth. I will begin with kim, the impression I get on this board these last few days is people think she is dumb, has no variety, no strategy and that all she does is get the ball back. This is simply not true. Anyone who is objective (non fans) can see this. Losing a match to a better player on the day does not demean a player. Kim is an amazing player and very few players can get past her. I think she has tonnes of variety, if anyone thinks Amelie and justine have variety so does kim. I also happen to think her niceness has become a bit of a myth too
Justine.
Well the girl has been judged way too harshly. I know she made a mistake at the FO (cameras don't lie), but does she have to be judged by that single moment. At the AO final, McEnroe said that match had had alot of drama and all Justine needed to do was take some injury timeout. Again the time outs way too exaggerated.
Serena
Like Justine, too much is expected of her, she is also judged very harshly.
Anyone else want to add more of what you consider a myth regarding your favs or none favs.
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #2
country flag RedFilaJ-Cap#1

RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is a splendid one to behold
Jen gets bashed a lot too on this board and all over. All I hear is that she is fat and out of shape. Well how the hell do all of you know that. No one has really seen her in the past couple months. She has been working her ass off trying to get back on the tour. She isn't fat at all and never has been I hate when I hear that. I am sure she is going to be in great shape and in a week you will all see when she comes back and takes over the tour. Jennifer Capriati is a fighter and never gives up. She is going to come back and prove all of you wrong and I can't wait!!!!!!
Jelena Jankovic #1 and the BOMB DOT COM

Co Founder of the JJ Crew!!!:
:

Proud to be one of Jen's Hell's Angels!!!:
RedFilaJ-Cap#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #3
country flag for-sure

for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point
RE: JUJU
At the Aussie Open during the 'out call' people think that Justine influence the Umpire, when in reality the ball was called out before Jusitne raised her hand.

Daniela:

The talk of her having an eating disorder is crazy.
for-sure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #4
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute
Venus and Serena get bashed just for living. If they play their wrong if they don't play their wrong if they get endorsements they are socially irresponsible. It almost seems like they just can't win with some people
Black Mamba. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:39 PM   #5
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Martina Hingis being the smartest player on tour during 2001 and 2002.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #6
country flag for-sure

for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point for-sure is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
Martina Hingis being the smartest player on tour during 2001 and 2002.
lol
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #7
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Monica Seles EVER having a winning record versus Steffi Graf (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #8
country flag for-sure

Steffi Graf being the best player when Monica was healthy (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #9
country flag bigshow21

bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future bigshow21 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jen gets bashed a lot too on this board and all over. All I hear is that she is fat and out of shape. Well how the hell do all of you know that. No one has really seen her in the past couple months. She has been working her ass off trying to get back on the tour. She isn't fat at all and never has been I hate when I hear that. I am sure she is going to be in great shape and in a week you will all see when she comes back and takes over the tour. Jennifer Capriati is a fighter and never gives up. She is going to come back and prove all of you wrong and I can't wait!!!!!!
I agree with you. I'm tired of hearing that stuff too.

Good Luck Jen!!
bigshow21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #10
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by for-sure
Steffi Graf being the best player when Monica was healthy (sorry, couldn't resist)
You mean "better" player, don't you? Or was it "better athlete" you were thinking?
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #11
country flag Black Mamba.

Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute Black Mamba. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairspray Queen
The thread is about myths... There is no myth about Serena being a socially irresponsible person, geez just because a poster starts a thread about it, it doesn't make it a myth.
That means every player with an endorsement is socially irresponsible.
Black Mamba. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #12
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dispelling the myth about players.

Popular myths of today include "Peak Pierce could beat anyone", "Dementieva/Hingis/Some other old bint could come back and win a slam", "Kirilenko is limited and/or weaponless", "Errani is only good on clay" and "Kvitova's only weakness is her fitness".
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #13
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

^^ The one about Pierce is pretty much true, IMO. She's beaten Serena, Steffi, etc. and very decisively so. She could blast anyone off the court when she was on (and didn't have to move a lot).
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #14
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75 View Post
^^ The one about Pierce is pretty much true, IMO. She's beaten Serena, Steffi, etc. and very decisively so. She could blast anyone off the court when she was on (and didn't have to move a lot).
But you think best vs best she'd beat them?
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #15
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralenko View Post
But you think best vs best she'd beat them?
Yes.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote