What was the name of the INDONESIAN top 40 player of the 90s ? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #1
country flag LiliaLee-Frazier

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Talking What was the name of the INDONESIAN top 40 player of the 90s ?

Could someone please helpe me out with this...also..does anyone know her PEAK ranking on tour..thanks! I kind of remember what she looks like..a little like a cartoon character..Bugs Bunny ??
I think she was one of the first female asian/pacific island players to ever crack the top 50 next to Kimiko Date
LiliaLee-Frazier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #2

LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of LiliaLee-Frazier has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairspray Queen
Yayuk Basuki?

Her highest ranking in single is 21 (August 97).
Thanks! I can't find ONE pic of hers anywhere
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #3

Talking

Quote:
Awwwwl...i thought she looked a little more like WIDJAJA ..but thanks!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 01:54 AM   #4
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yayuk Basuki?

Her highest ranking in single is 21 (August 97).
I think her highest ranking is 19

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 01:56 AM   #5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118
I think her highest ranking is 19
Thats very impressive..i thought her peak was in the mid to high 30s... Was this peak just for a month or two..or was she a consitent top 50 player ? How many years did she land i at the end of year top 50 ?
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #6
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
she won 6 titles.

made the QF of wimbledon once, and a bundle of 4th rounds. highest dubs rank was 9. has had some big scalps in her career...

beaten lindsay davenport (twice grass and hardcourt!), mary jo fernendez, julie hallard, anke huber(twice), anna kournikova, iva majoli, amelie mauresmo(twice), maggie maleeva (4 times!leads the h2h 4-1), mary pierce (twice leads 2:0 including marathon match that ended 10-8 in the third at the 92 olympics), gabriela sabatini, pam shriver, irina spirlea, dominique van roost.

pushed kimiko date, steffi graf (1st round at uso, two tight sets), iva majoli, conchita martinez, jana novotna, ASV,
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #7
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
Other notable win was over Martina Hingis at the Fed Cup in Jakarta
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #8
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my gawd.. Thread for Yayuk..

She is one of the reason why I'm into tennis..

She retired like I think in 1999 or 2000.. she stopped tennis at one point.. I think it's around 97.. giving birth.. and she was still pretty strong..

When she reaches the QF of Wimbledon.. it was like a big news in Indonesia.. And she lost to Novotna, her only nemesis that she can never beat.. lol.. She was so closeee to join the top 16 at that year.. but unfortunately she was sick at the indoor session.. losing to unknown player.. and during the Fildersadt (sp?) where a Porsche was awarded.. She refused to join as she had to go through qualifying round as a top 20 players..

Her Wimbledon record is very good even as atop 50 players :

Code:
				 00 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91
WIMBLEDON 3r --  3r QF 1r  4r 4r 4r  4r  4r
1997 - Defeated two Top 10 players and reached first Grand Slam QF at Wimbledon, helping her crack world's Top 20 in September; upset Spirlea to reach Birmingham final; upset No. 4 seed Po to reach SF of Tokyo [Princess Cup], then held seven match points against No. 2 seed Sanchez-Vicario before losing; joined Million Dollar Club in career prize money earnings
1998 - At Australian Open, upset No. 14 seed Van Roost to reach 4r; strong grass court player: reached at least 3r at Wimbledon each year but one 1992-98; reached Birmingham SF (SF and finals were canceled due to rain)
2000 - After playing only the 1999 Australian Open in January (reached QF in doubles) and giving birth in September 1999, returned to the WTA Tour in doubles one year later at Australian Open and reach QF with Mauresmo, and later won two ITF event doubles titles; returned to singles in March (Indian Wells qualifying); in second singles tournament (first main draw) since returning and first Grand Slam in a year-and-a-half, reached 3r at Wimbledon before falling to Capriati 76 60; capped return by winning doubles title at last event of year in Pattaya, her first Tour doubles title in three years
2001 - W/Vis, captured second doubles title in three months at Dubai

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM   #9
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
go yayuk
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 02:34 PM   #10
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
I only remember seeing Yayuk play when she was double bagelled by Hingis once
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 03:57 PM   #11
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I loved Yayuk. I first saw/met her at Birmingham in 1997, she was so sweet and kind even thoguh she'd jsut lost the final to Tauziat! She had a great game with a fast, tricky serve and good groundies (one-handed b/h). She was really effective on grass as you can see by her Wimby record. She married her coach and they had a baby a couple of years back...

Libertango is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote