Serena will Quit Tennis Soon - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:50 AM   #1
locawilliams

locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice locawilliams is just really nice
Serena will Quit Tennis Soon

Serena will probably retire early than we think. The showbiz as open up and she will have a lead role soon with New line Productions. Since she has knee surgery she has had a lot of showbiz endeavor. I think the knee surgery thing is probably a cover up so she can so showbiz activities. She probably can not practise a lot so she was not fit enough to compete so she withdraw most of the tournament. We all need to prepare for this because Serena will probably have 1-2 years then she will retire. Everybody gets ready because tennis will be extremely boring when the Williams sister is gone. Enjoy them while it last because it wont be long. All the haters you will cry when they leave and will begs them to return and they will not return. Venus has the interior desighn business that is booming and Serena will be a fultime actress.
locawilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #2
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Hope its true
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #3
country flag LindsayRocks89

LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold LindsayRocks89 is a splendid one to behold
i dont think so
LindsayRocks89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #4
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Newline Productions meaning New Line Cinema? Because they (who produced the Lord of the Rings films) usually make crappy movies.

I don't think Serena will be going away anytime soon anyway. You can still start your acting career in your 30's, she's like what 22? Too young.

And besides, I don't think Serena will ever have a big movie career anyway. She's already too well-known as a celebrity, and people won't take her seriously in movies only because she's already a "tennis star".

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #5
country flag VW#1

VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice
Serena's under contract so she can't quit for at least another 8 years. Venus on the other hand....I believe her contract with Reebok is up in 2005, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't renew it. As much as I love her, I think she sees tennis differently now. I don't think it's her passion, and besides she's already the fuc**** Venus Williams so she can retire and be mentioned along the greats
VW#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:55 AM   #6
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by locawilliams
Serena will probably retire early than we think. The showbiz as open up and she will have a lead role soon with New line Productions. Since she has knee surgery she has had a lot of showbiz endeavor. I think the knee surgery thing is probably a cover up so she can so showbiz activities.
No problem. I can tell you don't know much about the acting business. If Serena has a lead with New Line coming up, they'll want her on court as often as possible. Advertising is expensive,and every minute Serena is on court is free pub. And remember, playing in tournaments is VOLUNTARY. She doesn't have to pretend to be injured to do a movie. She can just do it. The WTA doesn't have exclusive contracts on their players. In fact, the WTA would love the free publicity the tour would get from the movie.

Don't worry. Meds can do something about the paranoid delusions. Talk to your doctor.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #7
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute
I think that Serena is going to be crap as an actress, at best very mediocre, and it would be a shame if she quits tennis for this. If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:22 AM   #8
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus
I think that Serena is going to be crap as an actress, at best very mediocre, and it would be a shame if she quits tennis for this. If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.
Well, the post has two sentences. Of equal accuracy.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:26 AM   #9
country flag doby

doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts doby is infamous around these parts
Serena will be in for a rude awakening.Why do you think she is being offered acting parts to begin with?Because she plays tennis!Without that she is just another actor wannabe.Producers and director wouldn't look twice at her if weren't for tennis...look at tv,movies how many roles are there for blacks?Not too many.
doby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #10
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by doby
Serena will be in for a rude awakening.Why do you think she is being offered acting parts to begin with?Because she plays tennis!Without that she is just another actor wannabe.Producers and director wouldn't look twice at her if weren't for tennis...look at tv,movies how many roles are there for blacks?Not too many.
doby, that's a fact that needs to be changed. I want to see actors from different backgrounds on the screen, of course if it is for appropriate roles.

I mean, for instance, Serena obviously can't star in a Jane Austen novel adaptation, but I don't see why she can't in a film like say "Unfaithful" starring Diane Lane. This is a role that could've been taken by an Asian or black or any woman of any background.

I don't think Serena will be a mediocre actress. But whether she's taken seriously be critics/audiences is another thing. There will always be tennis in the back of people's minds and many will think she landed the roles because of her previous career.

In other words, she needs to take on small roles, and prove herself first. Getting landed in a lead role where she is type-cast, could be a dangerous move for her.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #11
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I couldn't have said it any better
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #12
country flag volley1

volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light volley1 is a glorious beacon of light
Diya, you know what you are, don't you.
volley1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:45 AM   #13
country flag Jericho

Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute Jericho has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If she does quit, though, women's tennis will go on without her, certainly poorer for the loss, but it will go on and the Williams sisters will be quickly forgotten, no different than all other players after they leave the game.
just like capriati will be forgotten, davenport, hingis because serena does have more slams than all three of them...i mean whats so special about two sisters dominating a sport and helping to raise the bar for the next generation who'll remember that?

Jericho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:51 AM   #14
country flag alexusjonesfan

alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future alexusjonesfan has a brilliant future
locawilliams, I think you've gone a little loco.

Got any other conspiracy theories? Maybe Serena was secretly recruited by the CIA to help find Saddam in that spider-hole near Tikrit. She obviously can't publically admit that she's part of a special task force which protects national security so she made up this knee injury excuse. Sure, sure laugh at me now, but I'm telling you, it won't be a coincidence that Serena will play her first tournament back just after Osama Bin Laden is apprehended in some damp cave in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:58 AM   #15
country flag Cam'ron Giles
Snitch

Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute Cam'ron Giles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by azza
Hope its true
Dream on loser...

Will you be there?
Cam'ron Giles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote