Fun Stats on Kim, Steffi, Venus, Serena, Hingis, and Justine... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #1
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Fun Stats on Kim, Steffi, Venus, Serena, Hingis, and Justine...

The following info only takes in to account all oppenents that have played one another at least 3 times:

(Justine)
-She has the lost to Kim more than to any other player (nine times)
-She has beaten Kim more than she's beaten any other player (seven times) ...with Dementivia, Bovina, tied for second at six wins
-The player with the best win-loss record against her is Venus (1-7)
-No one has beaten her more than 3 times without her at least winning one match
-She only has a lossing record to 5 players all of whom have been number one (Venus, Serena, Monica, Lindsay, Kim)

(Serena)
-She has lost to Martina Hingis more than to any other player (six times)

-She has beaten both Jennifer and Lindsay more than any other player (nine times)
-The player with the best win/loss record against her is Aranxta Vicario (3-4)
-Only four players have ever beaten her more than 3 times (Jennifer, Hingis, Aranxta, and Venus)
-She only has a losing record to one player (Aranxta)!!!!!! ...that's amazing!!!!

[size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][font=Arial][size=2](Hingis)
-She has lost to Lindsay more than to any other player (fourteen times)
-She has beaten Aranxta more thans she's beaten any other player (eighteen times)
-The player with the best win/loss ratio against her is Steffi Graf (2-7)
-Only has a lossing record against four players (Steffi, Lindsay, Karina Habsudova, Serena)

[size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][font=Arial][size=2](Steffi)
-She has lost to Gabriela Sabatini more than any other player (eleven times)
-She has beaten Jana Novotna and Gabriela Sabatini beating both players (twenty nine times)
-The player with the best win/loss ration against her is Jo Durie (3-4)
-There are five players she's beaten more than ten times who never managed to beat her once (17-0 Mary Jo, 10-0 Anke Huber, 17-0 Manuela Meleeva, 11-0 Katrina Meleeva, 21-0 Natalie Tauziat)
-Only has a lossing record against one player (Jo Durie) this is over a 16 year career!!!! AMAZING!!!!!

[size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][font=Arial][size=2](Venus)
-She has lost to both Hingis and Lindsay more than to any other players (ten times each)
-She has beaten Lindsay more than she's beaten any one else (twelve times)
-The player with the best win/loss record agains her is Jana Novotna (1-3)
-Has a lossing record against five players (Serena, Steffi, Jana, Maggie Meleeva, Hingis)

[size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][size=+0][font=Arial][size=2](Kim)
-She has lost to both Serena and Justine more than to any other player (seven times)
-She has beaten Justine more than she's beaten any other player (nine times)
-The player with the best win/loss ratio is Serena Williams (1-7)
-Has a lossing record against only three players (Serena, Venus, Hingis)

(Monica)
-She has lost to Hingis more times than to any other player (fifteen times)
-She has beaten both Aranxta and Conchita (twenty times)
-The player with the best win/loss ratio is Venus (1-9)
-There are three players Seles has beaten more than ten time without ever lossing to (10-0 Tauziat, 10-0 Ai Sugiyama, 10-0 Naoko Sawamatsu)
-Has a lossing record against five players (Lindsay, Steffi, Hingis, Serena, and Venus)

....that's enough for now- gotta go....I tried to be thorough but you're sure to find a mistake or two...

adding on...

(Lindsay)
-She has lost to Venus more than to any other player (twelve times)
-She has beaten Hingis more than any other player (fourteen times)
-The player with the best w/l ration against her is Serena (2-9)
-The only player she's beaten any player ten times or more without lossing a match is Lisa Raymond (12-0) she's really close to adding to this list (9-0 Amy Fraizer, 9-0 Dokic, 9-0 Likhotsova)
-She has lossing record against seven players (Kim, Steffi, Conchita, Gabriela Sabatini, Arantxa, Serena and Venus)

(Jennifer)
-The player she's lost to most often is Gabriela Sabatini (eleven times)
-The players she's beaten the most are both Maggie Meleeva and Mehgan S (seven times each)
-The player with the best W/L ration against her is Steffi Graf (1-10) the only win coming at the Olympics
-She has a lossing record against 13 other players (Lindsay, Steffi, Justine, Anna K, Momo, Novotna, Gabriela, Aranxta, Monica, Alexandra Stevenson, Judith Weisner, Venus and Serena)

Last edited by Stefwhit : Feb 10th, 2004 at 04:54 PM.
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #2
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for those stats!
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #3
country flag geoepee
Team WTAworld

geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute geoepee has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot Stefwit

If you ever decide to do this again, could you add Lindsay's stats? Thanks
lliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenus
WilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVen
usWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsV
enusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliamsVenusWilliam

Good Luck to Venus Williams in 2006!
Official Alchemist of the Royal Court

WGTA - A. Stevenson (5) - S5 Australian Open Champion [GS]
WITT - A. Stevenson (6) - S1 Mexican Open Champion [T2]
LTT - A. Stevenson (25)
UTT - A. Stevenson (16)
geoepee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #4
country flag Bezz

Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future Bezz has a brilliant future
I only found 1 mistake , its in kims column, where yu put kim has beaten kim nine times .
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #5
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
Steffi has a losing head to head to Patty S and Wendy Turnbull too. The last, together with Jo Durie are the only players who have a winning head to head with more then 1 match played.
She has a losing head to head to 8 other players too. Steffi's way to the top didn't go over roses
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #6
TonyP

TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future TonyP has a brilliant future
While not a mistake, your record for Justine would be more complete if you considered players who have met twice. Justine is 0-2 against Hingis, so she does have a losing record against her.
TonyP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #7
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice Stefwhit is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma
Steffi has a losing head to head to Patty S and Wendy Turnbull too. The last, together with Jo Durie are the only players who have a winning head to head with more then 1 match played.
She has a losing head to head to 8 other players too. Steffi's way to the top didn't go over roses
remember I only took into account players that have played each other 3 or more times so both Patty S and Wendy don't show up in the head to head. The reason I selected 3 or more matches is because after the third match a "true" pattern starts to form. Patty and Wendy leading Steffi is a good example of when players haven't really played enough times the H2H can be misleading (and IMO insifnificant)....

I'm pressed for time right now, but when time permits I'll add both Jenn and Lindsay (if they haven't been added by then...)

I'll edit the Kim mistake- thanks for pointing that out (it should be Justine instead of Kim). Any other mistakes let me know....
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #8
country flag Crazy_Fool

Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice Crazy_Fool is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vourine
Justine is 9-9 with Kimmie
What, no she isnt.

Davenport - Dementieva
Crazy_Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #9
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes she is

1998 Ramat Hasharon 6/1 7/6
1999 Reims* 6/4 6/4
2001 Indian Wells 6/1 4/6 3/6
2001 French Open 6/2 5/7 3/6
2001 Hertogenbosch 6/4 3/6 6/3
2002 Sydney 6/7 2/6
2002 Australian Open 2/6 3/6
2002 Rome 7/5 6/2
2002 WTA Championships 2/6 1/6
2003 Sydney 2/6 3/6
2003 Antwerp 2/6 6/7
2003 Berlin 6/4 4/6 7/5
2003 French Open 6/0 6/4
2003 Hertogenbosch 7/6 0/3 ret
2003 San Diego 3/6 6/2 6/3
2003 US Open 7/5 6/1
2003 Filderstadt 7/5 4/6 2/6
2004 Australian Open 6/3 4/6 6/3
Since when do we include ITF in the head-to-head statistics? You might aswell add the Junior results + Belgian junior results too, then?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #10
country flag Stefwhit

The H2H are regular WTA tour events, no juniors, exhibitions, Hopman Cup, or ITF...lol. So the H2H stands at 9-7 with Kim leading...
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #11
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm
Since when do we include ITF in the head-to-head statistics? You might aswell add the Junior results + Belgian junior results too, then?
I know it, but even during AO final their H2H were listed as 9-8 for Kim...
So some use ITF results, others don't. It's not like it changes something!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #12
country flag grmbl

grmbl has disabled reputation
great stats!
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #13
country flag bailey

bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future bailey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm
thanks for the fun stats! Can't believe that some people have always something to complain about.

Just make your own stats and add whatever you want...
bailey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #14
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well she's 3-0 against Kim in Grand Slam finals
Really?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #15
country flag katrientje

katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all katrientje is a name known to all
very interesting!! thank you!

Good luck to K-lina Sprem, Venus, Tati Golovin, Daniela, and Lena D
katrientje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote