Irena Pavlovic - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #196
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irena Pavlovic

Hey (call me Antoine please)

Yes, you make a point, she was on the verge of getting out of top 300... Phew, this good run was really needed. I've noticed something strange with Irena. She never plays anywhere on clay apart of Roland-Garros where she has these QWC. Is it because she hates it (which seems the most plausible explanation) or because she avoids it to not be injured like Tsonga for example? Anyway the bad thing is that April/May is a terrible time for her as she plays sporadically. Hard to be consistent with such a gap in the schedule... so I hope she tries a bit harder now! There will still be a couple of hard courts events but far away, maybe she will try the Asian tour again, would be great !

Well, let's wish Irena to go very far here so that we don't get worried about her rank!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #197
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Irena Pavlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Hey (call me Antoine please)

Yes, you make a point, she was on the verge of getting out of top 300... Phew, this good run was really needed. I've noticed something strange with Irena. She never plays anywhere on clay apart of Roland-Garros where she has these QWC. Is it because she hates it (which seems the most plausible explanation) or because she avoids it to not be injured like Tsonga for example? Anyway the bad thing is that April/May is a terrible time for her as she plays sporadically. Hard to be consistent with such a gap in the schedule... so I hope she tries a bit harder now! There will still be a couple of hard courts events but far away, maybe she will try the Asian tour again, would be great !

Well, let's wish Irena to go very far here so that we don't get worried about her rank!

Ok Antoine! I'm Fred

Well, I think that clay doesn't suit to her game...all the more she's trying to developp an offensive game..stronger serve, net skills..That's the reason she may not play that much on clay.

For sure, the clay season start, so not the best perspective...however, she planed to play at Torhout $100K in Belgium...no news about a potential Asian journey.
fredbdx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #198
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Irena defeated Soler-Espinosa on 63 63!!! Another very convincing win! Should I mention that she is in the double semies as well? Well I don't mind her taking long breaks if she comes back with such kind of victories afterwards.

She will play Jing-Jing Lu in the next round who beated Buzarnescu. Not an easy round I would say despite her inconsistency -the girl lost to Borovnica not so long ago- Chinese girls have this ability to taking the ball early, it would trouble Irena as movement isn't really her best asset.

Good luck!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Mar 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #199
country flag Iceland
From island to island

I found that on the web : http://irenapavlovic.blogspot.com/

Nice!

Old Mar 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #200
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Lu beat Irena 75 62. Same score in singles quarter and doubles semi.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #201
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Still a good week .
She will play next the qualies of Torhout and then she committed to clay court tournaments!

Old Mar 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #202
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Irena Pavlovic stopped in QF

Quote:
Still a good week .
She will play next the qualies of Torhout and then she committed to clay court tournaments!

Thanks for the blog's link Antoine!...didn't know that Irena has a blog!
Do you know who's holding it?
Hope this blog to become more interactive so we could let cheering messages!

Sad that Irena couldn't get through Lu. But she doesn't have to blush for that result as Lu will break the Top 190 within a week...So, as you said, still a good tournament.
Good news for Irena who should be up around 25 places..around 270...
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM   #203
fredbdx

Irena's training before Torhout $100K

News on Irena's blog
http://irenapavlovic.blogspot.com

Updated pics with Irena at Disneyland Paris with a friend and training session.
Interesting videos too!
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM   #204
country flag Geoffrey91

Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future

Her blog doesn't work anymore.

Irena Pavlovic

Kristina Mladenovic
Geoffrey91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #205
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Too bad! It's really unfortunate!

The Q draw in Torhout:
(3)Stephanie Gehrlein (GER) v Pauline Wong (NED)
Darija Jurak (CRO) v Anna Smith (GBR)
(wc)Sofie Oyen (BEL) v Emma Laine (FIN)
(8)Irena Pavlovic (FRA) v Vanessa Henke (GER)

Not easy nor bad. She should be able to play all these opponents, the question is more about her ability to stay consistent! It would really be great to score points in this big tournament.
... and then Irena will play claycourt tournaments Good luck!

Last edited by Iceland : Apr 3rd, 2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #206
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Irena started in a very convincing way : 62 61 over Henke & 75 64 over Laine. Very good wins! As expected she will face Gehrlein now. There are 2 LL spots in worst cases, hope she will be part of the MD! She could really learn much playing against big names...
Good luck!

Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #207
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Irena qualified with 6-3 3-6 6-1 win over Gehrlein
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #208
country flag Iceland
From island to island

against Anne now...

Definitely bad luck, she would really deserve to have an easier draw to reward her good form. I'm quite gutted at the fact that she's still stuck way below the 250th rank! On the other hand she will learn a lot from playing those big girls. Anne has won a 100k already indoors so she's really dangerous, certainly more than when Irena beated her few years ago.
Do your best Irena!

Old Apr 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #209
fredbdx

Thumbs up Irena Pavlovic in the 2nd rd at Torhout $100K

Quote:
against Anne now...

Definitely bad luck, she would really deserve to have an easier draw to reward her good form. I'm quite gutted at the fact that she's still stuck way below the 250th rank! On the other hand she will learn a lot from playing those big girls. Anne has won a 100k already indoors so she's really dangerous, certainly more than when Irena beated her few years ago.
Do your best Irena!
Whatever the draw, Irena rocks! She beat Anne...don't know the score yet..but she made it...ok Anne wasn't feeling good (a cold...and breathing problems)...but a victory is a victory..all the more in a $100K Challenger which means 20 extra points + 6 for qualifying...and a potential come back in the Top 250!
Hope she'll keep playing like that and she could at least break the Top 200!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #210
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Yeah that's good news no matter what happened. Shame she had to get through on a retirement but she really needed these points badly!
Now she will play a girl of the same generation as her, Yulia Fedossova. Both are trying to find a way to sneak into top 200, it's really a golden opportunity... There is still a possibility for them to enter Q draw of RG without the help of a wild card, I guess it would mean a lot for these brave girls.
Obviously I'm rooting for Irena who has much more talent in my opinion. The only issue will be to retrieve Yulia's big first serve.

Allez