Irena Pavlovic - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #181
country flag dams44

dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Irena Pavlovic

Fifth day of Irena blog :
http://www.tennis.gdfsuez.com/articl...conclure_.html
dams44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #182
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Irena is in SF after a 3-set-win over Riner 26 75 62 . It's only her 2nd SF of the year but it's coming at the right time. She will play the 25.000k eater, Patricia Mayr who tries to boost her ranking playing only this kind of lower events. Despite her impressive position of 120th, I think Irena has a solid enough game to beat her. Allez, let's try to win a fourth title here!!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM   #183
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Irena is in SF after a 3-set-win over Riner 26 75 62 . It's only her 2nd SF of the year but it's coming at the right time. She will play the 25.000k eater, Patricia Mayr who tries to boost her ranking playing only this kind of lower events. Despite her impressive position of 120th, I think Irena has a solid enough game to beat her. Allez, let's try to win a fourth title here!!

Irena didn't create a surprise in SF...she lost in SF to 2nd seed/n°121 Patricia Mayr.

There's still no analyse from her concerning that match.
Maybe, she lack a little bit of energy after her strong fight in QF.
She succeed in performing well in the 1rst set , losing only 6/4, but she completely gave up in the 2nd as she was bagelled!

Patricia made nice comments about Irena's game in her post match press interview, saying that Irena had a lot of talent and that she could have a nice progression.

Next week, Irena's playing Saint Denis de La Réunion $25K. She should be 6th seed...hope she can do as well or even better!
fredbdx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 08:21 PM   #184
country flag dams44

dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light dams44 is a glorious beacon of light

Irena speak about this match on her friday day blog :
http://www.tennis.gdfsuez.com/articl...humacher_.html

And good news, Irena accepted to continue her blog one more week at La Réunion tournament
dams44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #185
country flag janko

janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute janko has a reputation beyond repute

Good way to finish the year with a solid match against 1st seed Voegele in 75k Dubai (76 67 63)
And Irena has captured the doubles title with Masa Zec-Peskiric! Well done.

I don't think her curent rank will allow her a place in the Q draw of the AO so I hope she'll have a good rest before 2009
janko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:19 PM   #186
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Irena starts 2009 on a good win, she defeated Maka Chaknashvili 64 63 in 2 hours in Belfort . She saved 10 BPs out of 11, a proof that she is determined to fight on every game this year! She has also won her first match of the year in doubles. She has teamed up with Estelle Guisard who has a pretty cool tournament too .

She will have to beat Andy Petkovic to reach QF . Certainly a tougher challenge than the Georgian... good luck Irena!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM   #187
country flag Geoffrey91

Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future Geoffrey91 has a brilliant future

Andy didn't seems back at her best level. She had to fight in first round and in qualifying.

Irena Pavlovic

Kristina Mladenovic
Geoffrey91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #188
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Irena Pavlovic falls in the 2nd rd at Belfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey91 View Post
Andy didn't seems back at her best level. She had to fight in first round and in qualifying.
Despite a strong fight, Irena lost to Petkovic in 2 tight sets (7/6 6/4).
Irena had 3 sets points in a 1h42mn 1rst set but also saved 5 sets points before losing that set.

Hope she can do better next week, she's playing Stockholm $25K.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #189
fredbdx

Thumbs up Irena back on the ITF circuit!

Irena hasn't been playing that much since the beginning of the year...and her win and loss record pretty poor 1 victory and 2 defeats...
Logically she fall in the world ranking at n°284 (64 spots from her best!)
She's back to competition and decides to play the Canaria's islands circuit.
I was pessimistic for her 1rst tournement out there at Tenerife $25K considering she had to face in form 5th seed/n°189 Stoop.
Good news, she fought hard to upset the british 5th seed in an exhausting match 4/6 6/2 7/6!
Next for her is talented 18 y.o qualifer n°413 Piter who beat n°230 Ewijk in straight sets!
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #190
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Irena beat Piter 64 64 (from 1-4 susp. after day 1) and then defeated 2nd seeded Maret Ani 64 63. Semifinal against Elena Bovina.

Much needed good tournamnet
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #191
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Wow she didn't have such a week for ages!!! First time ever she beats a top 100 player on the way too! Big congrats Irena .
The good thing is that she barely has points to defend now. She will do everything to avoid clay but I hope she still commits to some hardcourt tournaments whenever there will be one. Go for the title, Irena!!

Old Mar 20th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #192
fredbdx

Thumbs up Re: Irena Pavlovic

Quote:

Wow she didn't have such a week for ages!!! First time ever she beats a top 100 player on the way too! Big congrats Irena .
The good thing is that she barely has points to defend now. She will do everything to avoid clay but I hope she still commits to some hardcourt tournaments whenever there will be one. Go for the title, Irena!!
Such a great news! I was a little bit worried as Irena was down 1-4 two days ago against Piter....and what a surprise to see that se's qualified for the SF after upsetting 2nd seed/n°93 Ani who was recently quaterfinalist in Acapulco for a WTA tournement where she beat n°78 Mayr and n°36 Dulko!

Hope she'll go even further with a difficult next round vs former n°14 Bovina!
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM   #193
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Well she lost in straight sets to Elena 46 36. No shame! Finally the new season has started for Irena, she generally plays a very limited number of tournament per year considered how low she is ranked. It was thus an absolute must to go far, I mean, she should already be in top 200 for ages. She is 20 now so we cant talk much about her being a prospect but still she is way too good to be hoovering in top 250-300... She reported on her blog that she wants to be an aggressive player following her big strokes to the net... I am quite impatient to see that .

She should be into La Palma's MD as well. Hope she carries on now!

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM   #194
country flag Iceland
From island to island

And that's what she does : defeated Mohorcic (WC) 61 62 . That was impossible to lose this one, but still a decent result ^^ Now she plays the winner of Dulgheru/Soler Espinosa, once again she will have her chances of getting through.
I had a quick look at the ranking of next week on TBE's thread and she won't get really higher, she will only be around 280th ... so she needs to do well here again!
Allez Irena!

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #195
fredbdx

Thumbs up Re: Irena Pavlovic

Quote:
And that's what she does : defeated Mohorcic (WC) 61 62 . That was impossible to lose this one, but still a decent result ^^ Now she plays the winner of Dulgheru/Soler Espinosa, once again she will have her chances of getting through.
I had a quick look at the ranking of next week on TBE's thread and she won't get really higher, she will only be around 280th ... so she needs to do well here again!
Allez Irena!
Hi Iceland!

Yes, really expecting a good journey in Canaria Island for Irena!
She has a pretty decent draw with this 1rst rd vs modest n°1082 Mohorcic...next rd will be tougher with Soler Espinoza (seeded 7) or Dulgheru.
You're right, dspite her SF last week, she won't rise that much in the ranking because last year she was QF at Las Palmas !
She was also QF at Tenerife.
The good news is that after that 2 tournaments, she had a really bad period with only 1 victory between april and june!