Why are people, commentators talking about Justine and Kim, not Williams sisters? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 05:59 PM   #1
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Why are people, commentators talking about Justine and Kim, not Williams sisters?

There seems to be a lot of thread recently asking why Williams sisters are being ignored and in some cases even hinted that they are being disrespected.

I think it is pretty obvious why. This is coz Serena is not playing at the moment and Venus is still trying to find her top of the game yet again. Why is some people take it so personally that people no longer talked about Williams sisters. It is obvious that it will be conflicting their own interest if they keep on praising about Williams sisters when they are not playing don't you think?

When Williams sisters went back tot he top of the game, we will see commentators talk about them again, until then people whould realise that it is not that we have forgotten about the sisters already, we are just waiting to talk about how great they are again until they start playing and dominating like they use to.
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #2
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongqks
There seems to be a lot of thread recently asking why Williams sisters are being ignored and in some cases even hinted that they are being disrespected.

I think it is pretty obvious why. This is coz Serena is not playing at the moment and Venus is still trying to find her top of the game yet again. Why is some people take it so personally that people no longer talked about Williams sisters. It is obvious that it will be conflicting their own interest if they keep on praising about Williams sisters when they are not playing don't you think?

When Williams sisters went back tot he top of the game, we will see commentators talk about them again, until then people whould realise that it is not that we have forgotten about the sisters already, we are just waiting to talk about how great they are again until they start playing and dominating like they use to.
What threads? What are you talking about?

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #3
country flag Allez-H

Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute Allez-H has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe because Justine and Kim are worldnumber 1 and 2 while Serena is injured and Venus performed that great yet.I don't know just a wild guess
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #4
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
like harloo said...what threads? :retard:
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #5
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo
What threads? What are you talking about?
The ones in his head....
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #6
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Anyway, I can't watch a women's match on ESPN without hearing the commetators talk about the WS. I wish they wouldn't talk about them and focus on the players who are playing, but.................
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #7
Filip!

Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice Filip! is just really nice
Answer to the question: because Venus and Serena are not able to be at the top right now.
Filip! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #8
country flag Jakeev

Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute Jakeev has a reputation beyond repute
Uh i have to get on the train and say huh? The sisters are the most talked about duo in tennis. I have not seen any indication they are being ignored.

I mean hell Serena is not even playing and I hear about her all the time. Everything from the tragedy of her older sister to her furs and her public appearances.

Believe me they are not being ignored.
Jakeev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM   #9
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
You know this is funny, but my comentators hardly mention WS!
Believe it or not...

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #10
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
my commentators don't NOT mention them

it gets annoying sometimes
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #11
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Justine and Kim are playing. The commentators aren't talking about Monica, Jenn aor Amelie either.

Wait. Is this a trick question?
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #12
Tplayer

Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve Tplayer can only hope to improve

The Williams sisters are "old news" simple as that.
Venus "average joe" Williams can't get past round 3 and Serena is afraid to play.What's there to talk about?
Tplayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #13
locks

locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point locks is an unknown quantity at this point
Bud collins says tennis needs the sisters.

wfan.com/breaknewsaudio/
locks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #14
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta
The ones in his head....
It's funny how some of you play "dumb". Oh wait, in your case, you don't need to play anything.

You all know what wongqks is talking about. Well said, wongqks!

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 12:22 AM   #15
slice

slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all
omg this is a dumb thread. no1 is talking bout serena and venus coz they r both injured and when venus does play she just ends up forfeiting due to another injury and as kim and judy jetson r number 1 and 2 atm, they r getting talked about.

and dont just limit urself to talking bout the lack of discussion concerning the williams sisters, what about capriati? she frequently took sets off serena, without capitalising though, and won a few grandslams and she's ranked higher than serena and venus now and she also hasnt played in quite a while!

get well jen!
slice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote