Akiko Morigami Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #76
country flag Nippon_UK

Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Well done Akiko! Good Win!
Nippon_UK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #77
country flag sebbe

sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Melb
Sebbe. i disagree.
Look at the match stats..... then tell me why mary played like shit.

Its hard to play a good match when your opponent hits 6 aces and twice as many winners against you! - give me a break.... no more excuses for big name players to lose.
Morigami is a great player and she beat Pierce hands down..... this was not an error-fest.

It was Akiko moving mary around and hitting winners.
Well done Akiko!
No but that's what I mean, Mary usually hits at least 30-40 winners.
She almost did it against serena so she didn't play like she use to.
If she had played in an averge she would have crushed Akiko.

But as I said, congratulate to Akiko she took the chance when she had it.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 11:38 PM   #78
country flag blerr

blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
No but that's what I mean, Mary usually hits at least 30-40 winners.
She almost did it against serena so she didn't play like she use to.
If she had played in an averge she would have crushed Akiko.

But as I said, congratulate to Akiko she took the chance when she had it.
Don't come in here and bash Akiko with that shit. Akiko has beaten players in the top 30 before. And Mary is on the OUTSIDE of Top 30. So, say your congratulations but don't say Akiko would have been crushed on an average day for Mary. We don't wanna hear that, especially when your just mad Akiko beat Mary.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #79
country flag sebbe

sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future sebbe has a brilliant future
[quote=_shorty_]Don't come in here and bash Akiko with that shit. Akiko has beaten players in the top 30 before. And Mary is on the OUTSIDE of Top 30. So, say your congratulations but don't say Akiko would have been crushed on an average day for Mary. We don't wanna hear that, especially when your just mad Akiko beat Mary.[/QUOTE

Gosh, take it came....
I'm not mad at all at Akiko, I think it was great of her
and of course I'm a little bit upset. But comon you can't say
that she would beat Mary in her usual form, then you are lying.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 12:54 AM   #80
country flag blerr

blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Gosh, take it came....
I'm not mad at all at Akiko, I think it was great of her
and of course I'm a little bit upset. But comon you can't say
that she would beat Mary in her usual form, then you are lying.
I'm not saying Akiko would win, and I'm not saying Mary would win. But don't come in this thread and bash Akiko for beating Mary. A win is a win and your trying to take it away from Akiko by saying that Mary wasn't 100%. Who cares? The match would've been closer for sure, maybe Mary would've won, but maybe not.

As well, Morigami won 2 + 3. She must've played her worst ever, because your saying that Mary is so good (at her "average" play) that she could beat a Top 60 player (who's on the rise and playing great) EASILY...don't say that either..
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #81
country flag Scott Storm
Team WTAworld

Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice
It was a good win for akiko, enough said.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #82
country flag Scott Storm
Team WTAworld

Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice Scott Storm is just really nice
Come on Akiko earn some more ranking points
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #83
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for doing it for the J-Pop fans! Fantastic result! Yes!
The new Nakashima Mika album is great, did we expect anything else?

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #84
country flag sebbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _shorty_
I'm not saying Akiko would win, and I'm not saying Mary would win. But don't come in this thread and bash Akiko for beating Mary. A win is a win and your trying to take it away from Akiko by saying that Mary wasn't 100%. Who cares? The match would've been closer for sure, maybe Mary would've won, but maybe not.

As well, Morigami won 2 + 3. She must've played her worst ever, because your saying that Mary is so good (at her "average" play) that she could beat a Top 60 player (who's on the rise and playing great) EASILY...don't say that either..

What the hell, can you read or what?
I'm not saying Akiko isn't worth this win, she probably played good and thats fun for her. And yes, mabye she played her worst match ever, and this is one of her worst losts in her career. But I say that Mary would have won if she had played better and with her usual game she sould win, no matter what.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #85
country flag blerr

Great Match and Good Tourney for Akiko..

A Tough 3 Set loss to Nadia Petrova(8)...3/6, 6/4, 6-7(7)..
Maybe that will give her some more confidence as she knows she can play with higher ranked players..Great Match.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #86
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Sad loss But still a good few days for Akiko!! Lets hope she can carry it on!

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #87
country flag blerr

certainly was a good few days..

but now I think she's taking a break..a week or 2...
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #88
country flag Nippon_UK

Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point Nippon_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck in the Fed Cup!!
Nippon_UK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2004, 10:46 PM   #89
country flag blerr

Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:04 AM   #90
country flag Scott Storm
Team WTAworld

Poor old argentina are going to get beat down