Maria Sharapova: "One of the coolest girls in America"! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:23 PM   #1
country flag Keith17
Banned

Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road
Maria Sharapova: "One of the coolest girls in America"!

Since we have so many Shyperova fans here in Bovina's Herd... I thought I'd make this thread to accomodate them.

Masha just sucked and losted to noted stickgirl, Daniela Hantuchova, 7-6 6-1.

Please note that this is the same Hantuchova that will be out of the Top 50 shortly, and has lost in the early rounds of every tournament in the past 9 months.

Woe is Masha.

Memphis is next... so Maria can beat up on weaker competition again, and her greatness will truly be shown.

Last edited by Keith17 : Mar 3rd, 2004 at 10:25 PM.
Keith17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Keith u related to Bandabou ???
cos you're spiteful about every Russian girl
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #3
country flag Keith17
Banned

Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road
I'm not spiteful of every Russian girl.

Before we post in Bovina's Herd, we should try to read more in this forum and learn more about Elena and the fine group of posters we have here.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #4
country flag GrahamD

GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold GrahamD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
Keith u related to Bandabou ???
cos you're spiteful about every Russian girl

He's spiteful about everyone. He's only been on this board barely a month and has spouted nothing but anger and hatred. The sooner he gets banned the better because this is not the type of moronic idiot that is welcome here. If he can't show respect here for any player and their fans then he should just sod off to some football messageboard where he can vent his anger and hatred with others like him.

2,596,944 hits since 2003

GrahamD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
There is nothing wrong with a 16 year old losing to Nastya and Dani.
But Max's hype is going put more pressure on Maria than a 16 year old should have to deal with.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #6
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Keith, you are reknowned for your sarcasm and tennis kmowledge. But I don't know why you aren't more supportive of the Russina's like most of us. Even though Maria Sharapova is my favorite I root for all of them. So do GL, TBE, MSF, ys, tenn_ace, Cassius, Vaiva, moo_ont, Sharky, KV and so on. It's almost like your angry at Maria because she's highly thought of and on her way up while Elena Bovina is struggling. Is that a fair assessment on my part? If Mashara doesn't become the best Russina I will support and be glad for the girl that becomes the best Russina. To me it's a team game amongst the Russina's and Russian tennis needs as many good female tennis players as possible.

And Keith I'm sure you'll be gald to know this will be my last post about Mashara in Bovina's forum.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Feb 7th, 2004 at 07:23 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I heard Bud Collins on WFAN. Nadia is injured. Elena D. is trying to change her serve. Nastya and Maria had to play in the third round. I thought Maria K. was the biggest disappointment.
Things didn't work out in singles.
But if anything, the Russian women are overtraining, not undertraining. That's why Lena's so thin.

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM   #8
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm concerned about the Russina's overtraining, too. But it's up to their parents and agents to make sure they aren't overtraining.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #9
country flag goldenlox

I think Bud Collins was commenting on how poorly the Russians did in Melbourne. In the singles draw.
It was a disappointment. I don't believe it was from lack of training. If Nadia was healthy, she might have made the semis. Zuluaga did.

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #10
the cat

Nadia needs to stay healthy and find her form.

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:39 PM   #11
country flag Keith17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Keith, you are reknowned for your sarcasm and tennis kmowledge. But I don't know why you aren't more supportive of the Russina's like most of us. Even though Maria Sharapova is my favorite I root for all of them. So do GL, TBE, MSF, ys, tenn_ace, Cassius, Vaiva, moo_ont, Sharky, KV and so on. It's almost like your angry at Maria because she's highly thought of and on her way up while Elena Bovina is struggling. Is that a fair assessment on my part? If Mashara doesn't become the best Russina I will support and be glad for the girl that becomes the best Russina. To me it's a team game amongst the Russina's and Russian tennis needs as many good female tennis players as possible.

And Keith I'm sure you'll be gald to know this will be my last post about Mashara in Bovina's forum.
I am supportive all Russians, except Anna K. I'm just a very negative person.

I do root for all of them... but when they are disappointing, I say so.

For example, most of you post these positives about Dementieva of late... and I see her as nothing but little Miss Excuses, who knows she's far from her potential, and doesn't want to give the effort to fully reach it.

I can't be positive like that... and if I try to BS it, everyone says I'm sarcastic.

About Maria... I just think she's very full of hype. I'm probably the only person on this board who doesn't think she's the next coming of a Williams... and 95% of people who have this opinion, only think that because she's 1) Pretty like Anna, or 2) Noted "experts" say that Maria is going to be great.

I'm also critical of her schedule. Playing these Tier 3 tournaments is smart by Maria... and that led to my bit of anger during the 2003 fall season. Lena was playing great tennis in Moscow, Filderstadt and Zurich. Maria barely beats a bunch of nobodies in Tokyo, and it's treated like a great accomplishment... and gets nearly the same amount of ranking points. Like I say, it's a smart move by Maria, and higher ranked players should really consider playing these Tier 3's... but it is a weak way to move up the ranks. Lena did the same thing winning Quebec in 2002, so I guess I shouldn't talk.

Now, I'm not jealous in the least, because Lena looks terrible... and until she gets herself to look somewhat healthy, I don't care if she wins or loses.

Yes, the Russian girls are overtraining.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #12
country flag goldenlox

What did you say about Lina? That she would drop out of the top 50?
I couldn't believe that got deleted by Griffin.

Notice how Keith is starting Maria threads in the Herd. That means I have to keep talking about her.
I think Max did good to get the NEC deal. Let's see what he does now. Maria's results are killing the hype.

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #13
country flag Keith17
Banned

I just said that Lina has been playing awful lately, and she'll be out of the Top 40 in a couple weeks.

The reason the post was deleted is because Eggy is friends with Griffin. That's how those idiots do everything on this board.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #14
country flag goldenlox

I had read your post. The page before, TBE and several others were rougher on Lina than you are.
You're some newbie guy, so you get judged harshly.

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #15
country flag goldenlox

Lisa Raymond is 30. And she just had her best major. Anna should take her time and come back healthy. She can still have a long career.
And I want Lena-Anna as a doubles combination.