Barbora Strycova Cheering Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2004, 08:44 AM   #31
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epigone
Barbora defeated Yulia Beygelzimer 2-6 6-4 6-1 in her first round qualifying match in Miami. She then defeated Gisela Dulko 7-5 6-2 later that day to set up a third round meeting with Ruxandra Dragomir Ilie.

After her great performance at IW, Barbora has cracked the top 100, moving from #116 to #97

Hurrah!!

You know what this means, right? I'm sure we she can
get into the main draw at RG and WIMBLEDON!!!!!!!

I might be pushing it; but it's not unresonable to see our young
charge make at least the 3rd round in both slams up there
with the other new, new, new, new generation tennis peer group.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #32
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
well that's a good improvement in the rankings. I might be wrong but hasn't she lost to Ruxandra in quali round 3 of Miami?!

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #33
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlight
well that's a good improvement in the rankings. I might be wrong but hasn't she lost to Ruxandra in quali round 3 of Miami?!
Oops i was wrong.... Barbora won just in first round main draw in Miami against Reeves!!

Old Mar 26th, 2004, 02:47 AM   #34
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Barbora !!!!!!!! Come on KID!!!!!!!!

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #35
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
well done Barbora nice win

March 25, 2004

© Getty Images

Getting to Know...
Barbora Strycova

Former ITF Junior World Champion Barbora Strycova has had limited experience so far in WTA Tour events, but she’s certainly made the most of her opportunities. The Czech teenager's first two Tour main draws were in Grand Slam events, both times as a qualifier. At Wimbledon last year (her WTA Tour debut), she lost a heartbreaker in the first round against Tatiana Perebiynis 11-9 in the third set.

Then at the Australian Open in January, she reached the second round, where she pushed world No.25 Lina Krasnoroutskaya to three sets before losing.

Qualifying for her first regular Tour event at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, Barbora scored her career-best win over world No.35 Eleni Daniilidou en route to the fourth round.

Not at all daunted by the prospect of taking on world No.1 Justine Henin-Hardenne, Barbora relished the opportunity. After overcoming early nerves, she led the Belgian 4-1 in the second set before Henin-Hardenne recovered to win 63 64.

"She proved in the last few days that she's very good player," said Henin-Hardenne of Strycova after the match. Strycova, who turns 18 on March 28, received an early birthday present on Monday, debuting in the Top 100, a 105-spot in the past 12 months.

Barbora has been working with her current coach, Jan Havel, for the past four years, and the partnership has produced some impressive results, winning the 2002 and 2003 Australian Open girls’ singles titles and two ITF Women’s Circuit singles titles.

WTATour.com chatted with Barbora in Indian Wells.

When did you begin playing tennis?
I started when I was four-years-old. My sister played so my parents got me to try it when we were at the club with my sister one time. I also did figure skating, but I had to choose between tennis and figure skating. I had more fun with tennis. Plus it hurt when I fell in figure skating and it was dangerous. But I still do it sometimes because I love it. But it's dangerous with my tennis career now.

How does it feel to reach the fourth round of Tier I tournament?
I feel so happy. I was nervous before my (second round) match against Daniilidou. I never played her before and she's a seeded player. I thought I could win so I played better and better. It's a great win for me, my biggest win. It feels so great.

What do you like to do when you're not on the tennis court and can get away for a little bit?
I still have to do school. I like going to the cinema, inline skating and golf. That's my new thing, golf. I played golf in Bradenton and it was so relaxing and it's something different. I'm also getting my driver’s license now, so I like to practice.

Being a professional tennis player requires a lot of traveling. How do you feel about traveling and what is your favorite location?
Oh, I love to travel, I really do. I love Australia — the people and the atmosphere and the weather. I would like to go to Russia though; never been there. If I could live anywhere I would live in Australia or Sweden.

Who have you admired in the tennis world?
Steffi Graf was my hero. She was unbelievable on the court and behaved so well on the court. I want to be like that — the way she carried herself on court.

You seem like a very energetic person, one that doesn't like to stay still. When you have a day off, what do you like to do?
I hate a day off; I feel like I'm wasting time. I have to study but it's hard because I can't focus. I guess on my day off I'll play golf and try and stay busy all the time.

Does your family ever travel with you?
My father traveled when I was 12 and 13 but I didn't like that because he made me nervous. My mum can't watch, because she gets so nervous—she can't even look at me. My sister studied law and lives in US now.

Do you enjoy playing doubles? Or are you focusing on your singles career right now?
I love doubles. It's so fun and I'm not nervous on the court because I have someone next to me.

What makes you different from other people? What sets you apart?
I'm a little bit crazier than other people. I like to do crazy things, like jump in the pool with clothes on! And I love to smile.

BARBORA STRYCOVA FACT BOX
Born:
March 28, 1986 in Plzen, Czech Republic
Lives: Plzen, Czech Republic
Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Height: 1.65m
Weight: 55kg
Started playing tennis: Age 4
Favorite surface/s: Hardcourt/Grass
Playing style: Baseliner
Biggest weapon: Groundstrokes
WTA Rankings: No.97 in singles; No.237 in doubles
Career highlights: 2002 ITF Junior girls' singles World Champion; also doubles No.1 during 2002; winner of 2002-03 Australian Open girls' singles titles; best Tour result is 4r finish at 2004 Indian
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 12:23 PM   #36
country flag Mathijs

nice article! Barbora is really a sweet and beautiful girl!

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #37
country flag Mathijs

she lost against Lena L. in two sets

Old Mar 28th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #38
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Bad luck Barbora.

@ the ''getting to know'' interview, she's such a cutie.

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #39
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
She has good taste! She loves Australian! Then maybe I'm a bit biased!

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 05:25 PM   #40
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Blessed Birthday Barbora!
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM   #41

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Seems as thopugh Barbora has decided to play the American Green clay events

Amelia Island, USA
Just a few places out of Qualies

Charleston, USA
Made it into Qualies

Udachi Barbora

Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM   #42
country flag daniela86

daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute daniela86 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Barbora :kiss
What is her favourite court?
I think it is grass bur I am not sure!
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina and Krystina Pliskova ~~Giorgi
daniela86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 02:30 PM   #43
country flag Mathijs

GO Barbora Good luck at your next tournaments

Old Apr 4th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #44

Yay, Barbora made it into Amelia Island Qualies

Barbora Strycova def Teryn Ashley 6-3 7-6

Next up faces Alexandra Stevenson
Udachi Barbora

Old Apr 4th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #45
country flag Mathijs

come om Barbora