Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 317 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #4741
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

I don't find it that bad

Niculescu, she should beat without problem. That horrible lost at the US Open was more a question of her choking because she had a chance to reach a round of 16 in a GS.

She'll probably face Princess in the 2nd round which is doable; she's not the player she was.

3rd round, probably, Petra ''the box of chocolate'' Kvitova. I wouldn't be surprised if Petra loses against Dani or Suarez-Navarro so 3rd round at least is doable.

In doubles though it will be tough, they are playing Kops-Jones/Spears who are GOAT at the moment.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4742
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

The USO R3 wasnt so much about choking, she really cannot handle the gamestyle of Niculescu, and that loss will be a deep scar for her. She's lost to petkovic the last 2 Beijings, and only won once against Jankovic...its not a good draw tbh but its mostly my personal dislike of all those players.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4743
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm, it's one of her more stranger draws certainly, but it could provide her impetus to see how she's improved against players she has found tricky.

Niculescu is losing left and right atm, and the conditions surely won't be like that of the match that must not be named. Petkovic is only back from injury recently too and JJ is a roll of the dice how she'll play.

Third round is do-able imo if she plays the type of tennis she was before the US Open.

Pavlova keep suprising, so who knows.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #4744
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

This is one of those could be really good or could be really bad draws. If Lucie plays her game well enough she should definitely get past the first couple rounds. She could pick up a lot of points here, didn't she lose first round to Petkovic last year?

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #4745
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

Yeah that's right, I only know as David wrote on the other page that she's lost to her two years in a row.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #4746
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Doubles with Pav again against Koops/Spears (8).
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #4747
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

First on on Lotus Court against Niculescu tomorrow at 12:30 local time

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #4748
country flag Davodus

As usual I was right and Niculescu thrashed her again. So now I'm gonna rant.

Her serve. It's a huge problem atm. She is just spinning the ball in in Asia. Its got nothing on it, against Sharapova it was a mess and every match except against Pironkova (including doubles) her serving has been bad. She is thinking way too much about it now which is making it worse. It's pathetic that in a match against Niculescu she is the one who is the bad server and Niculescu is the one with perfect serving stats.

She needs to learn to beat people like Niculescu. She tries for winners, they come back, she auto makes an error. And then she freaks out and she starts making errors earlier in the rally. She needs to learn to rally with someone like that. Just change your game so that you just hit the ball in, and then slowly work your way forward. It's not her natural game, but she needs that as a plan B because her plan A does not work against Niculescu.

It's appalling that she can't even win more than 1 or 2 games against her. Get that serve back together. Hopefully in the indoor tournaments it's better

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #4749
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

OMG just 2 games against Niculescu again, that's really bad

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #4750
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

She's improving against Monica. Last time she only won one game. So today she was twice as good .

Lucie
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #4751
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lucie

I guess we just have to deal with it. I just hope Niculescu stays away from Lucie in draws in future because she seems to be unbeatable opponent...
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #4752
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Yeah David, you were right and I was wrong She really can't deal with that ugly pusher. At this point I'm just hoping she doesn't draw her in any tournament (wasn't she supposed to be injured for the rest of the season?) because I don't have a lot of hope that Lucie can pull the whole ''plan B''thing... It's weird that she has a good record against other pushers like Wozniacki and Radwanska. Then again Niculescu's game is really quirky... I mean who else slices on both sides?

About the serve, she actually served really well in that 2nd set against Sharapova. Sharpie was really getting frustrated bcause she couldn't touch her 1st serve and couldn't attack the 2nd serve, as she putted lots of effect on it. Like any other players, when she doesn't have confidence, the serve is one of the first thing to go.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #4753
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

2-6 0-6 against Niculescu

Lucie has no brain. New low. Absolutely pathetic loss

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #4754
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Only one more game than the US Open match??? Well, this is a bad match up. But she really needs to go to plan B against her, and we know she can rally so no need to freak out like she does. I just don't understand why Biljana hasn't drilled in her head that she cannot play like that against a player like Niculescu. (Or maybe she has and Lucie just didn't take it to heart??)

Oh well, European indoor courts will hopefully provide better results.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4755
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
She's improving against Monica. Last time she only won one game. So today she was twice as good .

Lucie
...or Niculescu wasn't able to play at her peak this time.

Seriously though this is well and truly embarrassing. Niculescu must have been laughing her head off at how easy it was for her again.
I'm really suprised Lucie hadn't learnt any lessons or that if Biljana had offered any tactical advice she clearly didn't listen/execute. Niculescu did well in Beijing last year but this scoreline clearly indicates Lucie wasn't thinking at all on the court.

Pavlova might get a win now...
Closed Thread