Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 316 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #4726
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

Maria may be tired. And Lucie has a winning H2H! Haha. Just play good tennis, Lucie.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #4727
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

The "easy" part of the draws done now, just the third round opponents the problem at the moment (two top 5 and Petrova... seriously? ) A shame for Kookie but knowing the shitfest they usually put on... probably a good thing.

Really uncertain how Lucie will match up to Maria this time, I guess it depends if any return of Lucie's turns up alongside the generally high level serving.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #4728
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Sharapova will be too affected by tiredness, she never seems to be. She doesn't play a particularly athletic game so even long matches aren't super tiring. To win Lucie needs to turn up the leftie advantage and do heaps of serves into the body, and really rotate her forehand angles. Trying to outhit Sharapova won't work.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #4729
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed tbh, her serve was MIA in the first set but she was pretty good off the ground, so she really let that slip. Then not serving out the 2nd set twice is a real downer, she had held the few service games before that so easily. Off the ground she matched Sharapova really well, and got under her skin a bit with the heavy rotations on the CC FH, so that was positive.

Doubles now, take out the top seeds girls

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #4730
country flag Davodus

They won doubles 6-3 7-6 over King/Shvedova! Good win

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #4731
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Tired... watch this last night... Same problem: can't deal with pressure. As soon as there is no pressure, she opens up her shoulders, gets great racquet head speed, serves like a GOAT; heck she was killing Maria off the ground in that 2nd set.

But then there is pressure to close the set and she becomes tentative; I mean C'mon: Can't serve it out the 1st time (without Maria doing anything special) than 2 doubles faults back to back when she's serving the 2nd time to take it to a 3rd set tie braker: rinse and repeat...

The positive: - She's really improved her ROS
- She's really improved her defensive game and movement
- She outplayed and outhit Sharpie in that 2nd set

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #4732
country flag Davodus

Her ROS was much better today, but some days it's just not even close to this. So it still has a long way to go to being consistent, but it certainly has improved. And her defensive game and fitness are far and away better since she started with Biljana, which is great.

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #4733
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

There are positives to take away from that match I'd say. Her movement looked better. And her return looked good but that could be a bit flukeish. It's a shame she did not win that second set. But nice fight nonetheless down 26 13. And once again, good showing in the doubles! Her wins in doubles never ceases to surprise me I have to say.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #4734
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Yep, we'll see if it is a fluke but her ROS has still improved this year. And I noticed her receiving stance was different than last time I saw her play (US Open), so she might have worked on this with Biljana during her 3 weeks off.

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #4735
country flag Davodus

Lost the doubles today 1-6 6-3 10-5 they had so many chances in the 2nd set to be on serve and didnt take them. And then 4-2 in to tb to 5-10 was bad

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #4736
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4737
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie is really talented, but mentally very weak As seen at end of 2nd set

Her collapse was pretty sad to see. Suddenly Lucie was so nervous and hit lots of UEs

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #4738
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Her mentality I think is worse than her ROS

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #4739
country flag Davodus

Kvitova v Hantuchova
Suarez Navarro v Bacsinszky
Jankovic v Petkovic
Niculescu v Safarova

Yuck yuck yuck I never wanted her to play Niculescu again, even if Niculescu is somewhat slumping she still murdered Lucie in that awful match. Round 2 is awful as well and I wont even look past that. I really do not like this draw (personally, i dislike all 3 people that she will/could play in the first two rounds)

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #4740
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible draw indeed.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread