Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 311 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #4651
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCoTt.ChE. View Post
About as NID a loss as you could expect to Shvedova, IMO. I expect she's heading to the top 30 before not too long and she'd already won matches in qualies. Add in the quick turnaround form the gut-wrenching loss to Na and there you go.

Great to see Lucie in the top 20 at last, just would like to see her pick up a few wins in New Haven.
Pretty much yep, she would've only got to Cincy a day ago, wasn't on the practice schedule yesterday and she'd just had a massive emotional loss. So she probably would've lost to anyone, but Shvedova shouldnt have even been in qualies, she just didnt enter the tournament on time

Hopefully she plays well again in New Haven

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #4652
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie

Was going to be a tough match after her good run in Montreal and the SF against Li where she should have won.
Travelling to Cindy and then drawing Shvedova in R1 isn't helping either.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #4653
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

NID.

She lost a dramatic match on Sunday and then playing in Cincy two days after against Shvedova who is on fire.

Onto New Heaven!
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #4654
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #4655
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad the majority of us have maintained perspective this match was always gonna be tough to win in the situation.

And yeah I saw 2 people disappeared from in front of her in the rankings so unless someone below does really well she'll jump up to 17.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4656
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I think if she won against Li she would be Top 15. Anyway, realistically, it's very unlikely she's ever going to be Top 10. So at least the fact that she finally broke Top 20 is something special. Now she just needs to end her title drought.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #4657
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post

This isn't bad consolation for everything
Hell yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THIS FINALLY HAPPENED YEAHHHHHHHHH youhouuuuu

However she looks horrible on that picture, scary one

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #4658
country flag Davodus

its a screen shot off my phone though, so that doesnt help it

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4659
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the match and Shvedova was just too tough to break. I never realized how good her serve was. Lucie was also making a lot of return errors on almost every other point. However the highlight came at the end of the match when she lost. She was visibly disappointed but she still took time to sign my tennis ball as well as a few others. She was the only player that lost that I saw do autographs which I think is amazing and strengthens my opinion of her more.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4660
country flag Davodus

Glad you had a good experience with her she's a really nice person, probably nicest on tour and underrated for it because its not obvious.

Was she playing tired or did she seem ok, just playing her usual bad returning rubbish?

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4661
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

It didnt seem she was making a lot of first serves compared to Shvedova and that was the difference. Shvedova was also winning more points on 2nd serve. I couldn't tell if she was tired or not. It wasn't apparent because the points were so short which is another reason Shvedova won. Shvedova won the short rallies and Lucie won the majority of the longer rallies (although there weren't many). Bojana was there and she was coaching Lucie right in front of us but we couldn't here what they were saying.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #4662
country flag Wert.

Biljana you mean?
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4663
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I think if she won against Li she would be Top 15. Anyway, realistically, it's very unlikely she's ever going to be Top 10. So at least the fact that she finally broke Top 20 is something special. Now she just needs to end her title drought.
Never say never; who would have thought that Sam Stosur would win a grand slam one day and be as high as no 4...It's not like she's recognized for her mental strength

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4664
country flag Wert.

yeah , and who would say errani would be in a slam final
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #4665
country flag CarolineIsHot

CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice CarolineIsHot is just really nice

Lucie Safarova @ Rogers Cup Montreal 2012 © Piero Lopane

She had a really good tournament!

CarolineIsHot is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread