Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #4156
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

OMFG that's awful Poor Lucie

I'm sure she wanted to play better, but these things happen. I mean Kuznetsova and Pavlyuchenkova Kuznetsova is such an experienced player, GS winner. She did really well against Petra too. And Pavly has had a good season. Both are ranked higher than Lucie. Lucie is able to beat both of these players, but it's not like they had this in the bag. It's not like she lost again bad players / lower ranked players.

Well thank god they did win the Fed Cup. If these questions are asked even though they won, I don't want to know what happened if they lost that doubles match

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI

Last edited by Sasja : Nov 8th, 2011 at 04:31 AM.
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #4157
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly she was ranked below both of them, so she should definitely not have been expected to win these matches. Really hard on her tbh, and it's lucky that they still won, because I really think she would've been totally crushed if they didn't

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #4158
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2336733135469

Lucie looks in good spirits here!

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #4159
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

I think she would've at that stage been swept up in the emotion of winning fed cup. Which is definitely a good thing.

I hope Biljana watched her fed cup matches, and they work really hard in the off season. I know they worked on returns last off season but that still sucks, so more work on that and 2nd serve needs work. A lot of it sometimes, and I'm sure they'll work on that too.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #4160
country flag Davodus

I was just reading the WTA stats for the year, and these ones include Lucie:

ACES:
1. Marion Bartoli 270 (83)
2. Jarmila Gajdosova 260 (51)
3. Sabine Lisicki 245 (46)
4. Julia Goerges 245 (60)
5. Lucie Safarova 243 (57)
6. Petra Kvitova 241 (61)
7. Lucie Hradecka 237 (36)
8. Vera Zvonareva 235 (75)
9. Rebecca Marino 214 (33)
10. Samantha Stosur 213 (66)

SERVICE GAMES WON:
1. Serena Williams 85.4% (25)
2. Samantha Stosur 79.7% (66)
3. Petra Kvitova 76.6% (51)
4. Sabine Lisicki 75.6% (46)
5. Lucie Safarova 74.9% (57)
6. Caroline Wozniacki 74.7% (80)
7. Ana Ivanovic 74.5% (50)
8. Julia Goerges 73.6% (60)
9. Daniela Hantuchova 73.0% (66)
10. Magdalena Rybarikova 72.9% (28)

FIRST SERVICE POINTS WON:
1. Serena Williams 76.7% (25)
2. Sabine Lisicki 72.9% (46)
3. Lucie Hradecka 71.9% (36)
4. Ana Ivanovic 71.3% (50)
5. Jarmila Gajdosova 70.2% (51)
6. Samantha Stosur 69.9% (66)
7. Lucie Safarova 69.6% (57)
8. Magdalena Rybarikova 69.3% (28)
9. Julia Goerges 69.0% (60)
10. Vera Zvonareva 68.9% (75)

BREAK POINTS SAVED:
1. Serena Williams 67.5% (25)
2. Lucie Safarova 63.7% (57)
3. Samantha Stosur 63.4% (66)
4. Daniela Hantuchova 63.0% (66)
5. Magdalena Rybarikova 62.4% (28)
6. Ana Ivanovic 61.0% (50)
7. Petra Kvitova 60.0% (61)
8. Kim Clijsters 59.7% (28)
9. Kaia Kanepi 59.2% (35)
10. Heather Watson 58.7% (21)

That's quite impressive, especially the BPs saved by these stats her serve is clearly effective (despite the inefficiencies on her 2nd serve, especially when she isn't confident). It also shows her bad her return is, given that she is top 10 on 4 of the serving stats

Old Nov 18th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #4161
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Her first serve and first serve+fh combo is clearly her major strength. These stats show that behind her first serve she is one of the elite.

I wish she could return like some of those other girls though. Petra's red hot and sometimes devastating returning has been one of the main factors in her recent rise. Lucie just doesn't seem to be able to do that. Not even close.

The stats also suggest what many suspect- that Serena's serve is head and shoulders above the rest.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #4162
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Lucie just doesn't seem to be able to do that. Not even close.
Would be interesting to see the stats from last year cause to me she has improved her return game this year.

Impressive stats BTW

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM   #4163
country flag Davodus

Just wanted to post that Lucie is playing Brisbane (my tournament ) and Sydney before AO. Qualies in Sydney at this stage. Hopefully she can defend the points she got in Aus last year (particularly in Brisbane )

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #4164
country flag Davodus

Lucie beat BZS in the Extraliga match 6-4 6-2...good stats...obviously it's just a club match but it's good to get good matches in now.

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4165
country flag Davodus

Beat Hlavackova this time 6-3 6-3. More good practice and confidence for the new season.

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #4166
country flag Davodus

Aaaand beat Benesova in the final 7-6 6-3. Czech killing mission this week no sets lost.

Old Dec 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #4167
country flag lauraa00

lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold lauraa00 is a splendid one to behold

Pomenika Cibulkova; Petko Petkorazzi; Skeletona Bondarenko; Petra Martić, Laura Robson; Harley Darvidsson, Goatrantxa Rus
lauraa00 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #4168
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #4169
country flag Davodus

Won the doubles with Petra against Benesova/Hradecka 6-4 5-7 10-6! Good to get a win in doubles undefeated

EDIT: That win also won the comp for team Prostejov

Last edited by Davodus : Dec 20th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #4170
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Some nice wins there for Lucie

Hope she can keep it up in Australia

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread