Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 242 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #3616
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

I know I'm a little late, but what a brilliant week for Lucie. Slightly disappointed with the loss, but scoring her first wins over AMG ad JJ and taking a set against Azarenka, great strides forward I think.

Ahh no, she can't play JJ again, they both need the points. JJ does tend to play well in Rome, but Lucie beat Pennetta and Radwanska last year on the surface. Not the same I know, but both are defensive players.

On a side note I think only Lucie's Rome points are coming off next week (225 points) so she actually made a gain this week! However, the following week... She would have to reach the semis of Rome just to defend most of her Madrid points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #3617
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the Madrid points come off during Rome so she will definitely be making a drop but by making the Madrid QF this year she kind of saved it...she wouldve been in danger of being ranked about 45

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #3618
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Her ranking definetly wont be so great,put positive thing is that she is playing better and better.If she can stay in this form her ranking will be improved quickly
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #3619
country flag Foals.

Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold Foals. is a splendid one to behold

I was really worried she'd take a while to find her footing on clay this year but she's found form quickly. If by some miracle she goes far in the draw in Rome again I would rather she pulled out of Brussels like you guys said. I'd rather she sacrificed the points and used her best form for Roland Garros, particularly with being unseeded and who she might get.
Old May 8th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #3620
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

I worry that if she don't play Brussels, she will lose her form. You know, she is so inconsistent, I would rather she keep playing until RG to stay in this form.

Last edited by jasonbloom : May 8th, 2011 at 04:30 AM.
jasonbloom is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #3621
country flag Matej

Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
I worry that if she don't play Brussels, she will lose her form. You know, she is so inconsistent, I would rather she keep playing until RG to stay in this form.
Actually, she appears to be much more consistent this year than she used to be in the past: out of 26 matches she played this year, only three were really bad: versus Zakopalova in Dubai, versus Stosur in Miami and versus Barrois in Stuttgart. So there´s a hope.
Matej is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #3622
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
That's true, it happened last year, but also what happened was she got injured playing all those weeks in a row...so that's something else she needs to watch. She'll just need to see what happens and make the best decision for her.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #3623
country flag Matej

Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of Matej has much to be proud of

By the way, as for the RG draw, my biggest nightmare is Šafářová vs. Kvitová in the first or second round.
Matej is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #3624
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
By the way, as for the RG draw, my biggest nightmare is Šafářová vs. Kvitová in the first or second round.

Dont even say that please.
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3625
country flag Davodus

No, she'll either draw Azarenka or Jankovic again

Old May 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #3626
country flag Wert.

Perfect draw:
Oprandi
Kleybanova
Peer
Bartoli
Schiavone
Jankovic
Medina

Old May 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #3627
country flag Davodus

Lucie is first on court 1 tomorrow...she needs these 70 points so get it done!

Old May 9th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #3628
country flag Wert.

She will do it,Im sure
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM   #3629
country flag Foals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Yes, that would be a horrible draw for both concerned. Although I would love to see those two play at some point.

Lucie should win comfortably tomorrow, KDK is in no form whatsoever, which means of course Lucie will win in three long sets making life incredibly difficult.
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #3630
country flag Davodus

So Lucie won 7-5 6-2...her returning up until 5-5 in the first was horrible, barely even won a return point but we are used to that...from 5-5 on Kimiko never held again, and even Lucie started having trouble holding..it was weird But she held all the right games at the right times, and controlled it from 5-5 on...plus she served her only 2 aces at 5-2 30-30 to win

Jankovic next...will be tough, Jankovic will try to learn things from her last loss...I expect to see more moonballs to Lucie's backhand and dropshots, but Lucie and her coach will hopefully learn things too...a win would be nice, but not expecting it

Closed Thread