Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #1516
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future
Re: Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

Lucie played and won! Bethanie played bad (Lucie won 16/17 second service points) but Lucie played very solidly, did not get broken, and clinched the match 63 61.

However, the Czech Republic lost. I was rooting for the US since Lucie was not playing doubles (she probably should have been put in, I thought). But Benesova and Peschke were up 62 52 and a match point before losing 26 76(2) 61. At least Lucie did her job.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #1517
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Todd View Post
Did the Czech team pay for not playing Lucie in both singles matches or what?
definitely benesova was rubbish, and i think lucie would have beaten glatch...but im not sure

glatch plays a bit like stosur IMO, and lucie owns stosur...

i think the czech captain needs to learn not always to play to rankings, but picking the best team at the time, and that definitely included lucie

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #1518

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

They have a nice player profile photo for Lucie on the Fed Cup website.

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #1519
country flag dadouch

dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice dadouch is just really nice

I think Lucie played briliant. Mattek played quite well but couldn't stop the onslaught from Lucie. The ROS was far from perfect but good enough, the same goes for the serve. Groundstrokes were phenomenal. Too bad she didn't play Glatch.
Keep it up Lucie, I believe that your breakthrough is imminent.
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #1520
country flag Sectumsempra

Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold Sectumsempra is a splendid one to behold

whats next?
Sectumsempra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #1521
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

well she has withdrawn from the ITF cagnes-sur-mer, which im ok with, it is probably a good idea to get a week of training on clay in
im not sure where she goes after that

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #1522

Well, she needs to take a break with her shoulder. When I saw the Fed Cup match with Lucie, there was a lot of taping on her shoulder; it has been bothering her and causing her pain. No need to risk injuring it right before the Roland Garros. That's why she is not playing France.

Thank You, Kim
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1523
country flag Davodus

that taping was done so weirdly...it was wrapped around her arm under her shoulder, it looked uncomfortable...i have never seen taping done like that before

she seemed to serve fine though, and her game was fine, so hopefully it is nothing serious
bit of rest from matches will do it good for sure

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #1524
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the taping was a bit strange. I enjoyed that match, she played well, winners everywhere, so I don't think her injury is very bad. Hopefully she can bring some good form to Roland Garros.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 04:20 AM   #1525
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

It was good to see Lucie again after so long. To me, it didn't look like she was hitting as hard, but that she's grown more versatile. Her service action had more flow, if less disguise. She really knows how to use that kick serve on the ad side.

It was a pleasure to see Lucie playing well. Her game just looks so damn cool and dynamic. I like it the most of the Czech lefty players.

Also, I was really impressed with Lucie's positive and strong presence on the court. I don't know if it was Fed Cup (if so, it shouldn't be!) but her body language was a lot more tough.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #1526
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Todd View Post
It was good to see Lucie again after so long. To me, it didn't look like she was hitting as hard, but that she's grown more versatile. Her service action had more flow, if less disguise. She really knows how to use that kick serve on the ad side.

It was a pleasure to see Lucie playing well. Her game just looks so damn cool and dynamic. I like it the most of the Czech lefty players.

Also, I was really impressed with Lucie's positive and strong presence on the court. I don't know if it was Fed Cup (if so, it shouldn't be!) but her body language was a lot more tough.
I didn't see any difference in power really from the last few matches I have watched her play, but I have noticed she really feeds off pace better than most people on the tour. The harder someone hits to her, the harder she hits back..and Mattek-Sands isn't one of the biggest hitters around, so she was generating her own pace I guess

As for her serve, I think its one of the best on tour when its on...its so effective to right handed players, she can hit it to all 4 corners with ease, and she has kind of a fast arm and quick action, so no sooner has she thrown it up than it's time to hit it

All these things about her game which are so great, she should be at least top 20

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #1527
country flag Janine*OnTheTour

Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Yeah, the taping was a bit strange. I enjoyed that match, she played well, winners everywhere, so I don't think her injury is very bad. Hopefully she can bring some good form to Roland Garros.
due to her shoulder injury she cancelled this weeks tournament... and hope to play back on the tour next week
Janine*OnTheTour is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #1528
country flag Davodus

do you know which tournament she will be at next all things going well janine?

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #1529
country flag Janine*OnTheTour

Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold Janine*OnTheTour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
do you know which tournament she will be at next all things going well janine?
She wanna play rome (if her ranking is high enough to enter)
Janine*OnTheTour is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM   #1530
country flag Davodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine*OnTheTour View Post
She wanna play rome (if her ranking is high enough to enter)
ok thanks

if her ranking isn't will she play qualifying?

Closed Thread