/=\ Matea Mezak Cheering thread /=\ - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #31
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: /=\ Matea Mezak Cheering thread /=\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
It's been a long break, so we can only assume what hapened there. I'd give her more time than one tourney to make judgements; Lucic is just finding her form after like a dozen tournaments played and she had a much shorter break, so... It's important that she stays healthy and her game will fall into place eventually.
Just saw that she and her partner didn't even play 1st round of doubles - that doesen't sound good
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #32
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Matea plays a Slovenian newcomer Jasmina Kajtazovic (17 y.o., ranked 614) in the first qualifying round of Zagreb 75k today. Hope she can win this, her experience should prevail.

Good luck Matea!
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #33
country flag ma re

Looks like her game will need some more adjusting, cause she lost 3:6 3:6. Not surprising, it's been a long break after all.

Keep it going Matea

Next week she's on the lists for 10k Imola (40th alt) and 100k Biella (33rd alt).
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #34
country flag ma re

She played doubles in Zagreb as well, teamed up with Nika Ozegovic. They lost a close match to Barrois/Meusberger, it was 6:2 2:6 10:4
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #35
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Matea got a wild card into this week's $10K in Vinkovci. In the first round she plays Lisa Summerer (20 y.o., ranked 1015 and career-high ranking of 1010). Good luck, Matea!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 06:12 AM   #36
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Matea got a wild card into this week's $10K in Vinkovci. In the first round she plays Lisa Summerer (20 y.o., ranked 1015 and career-high ranking of 1010). Good luck, Matea!
She would really have to win this one. It would guarantee her a first ranking point since her comeback (still not a place on the ranking list though...).

Good luck
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #37
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Matea beat Summerer 67(5) 60 64. She plays Akiki next!
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM   #38
country flag ma re

Akiki will be tough, but Matea will get a point for this tournament, at least (although, still no ranking).

She also teamed up with a Croatian youngster Doris Kuselj for doubles, and they reached semis and are playing 2nd seeds now. Since this is Matea's 3rd doubles event, I think she should get a ranking after this.
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 07:08 PM   #39
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

she won akiki 6-2 6-2
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:17 AM   #40
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan_77 View Post
she won akiki 6-2 6-2
Nice! I didn't think it will be this easy! Good luck to our girls in doubles semi
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:33 AM   #41
country flag networthy

Matea beat Steiert, the #4, easily, 61 63. She is now into her first semifinal in years!

In the semis she plays Jovanovski, the girl who beat Njiric earlier. Jovanovski is on fire and will be very tough to beat. She's 16 and seems very much like a rising star. This is only her third tournament of the year. She won the first one, last month in Prokuplje ($10K) as a wildcard and only lost 11 games in five matches. She even beat the #3 seed 60 60! In her second tournament ($50K in Palic, last week) she lost a close match to Wienerova, who's ranked 250, 67(3) 36. Today in the quarters she demolished the top seed, Balsamo, 61 62.

I can't see Matea winning, but I wish her the best of luck!

Last edited by networthy : Aug 23rd, 2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:00 AM   #42
country flag ma re

She lost the doubles so hopefully she can concentrate better on singles now. Whatever happens it's been a good tournament for her, cause it really seems she's starting to pick up her game. Hope she can play a few more good tournaments this year and make a solid ranking by the end of it, and then start with some real results next year to get back where she was, if not higher.
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM   #43
country flag networthy

Unfortunately Jovanovski crushed Matea. Score was 61 60. Could see this one coming like a freight train.

Still, a good tournament for Matea to try to get back on track. And keep an eye on Jovanovski. Too bad she's not Croatian...
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #44
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

Mezak is such a WASTED TALENT. She had brilliant junior career!!

..Karolina Sprem...
...Petra Martic & Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova & Sorana Cirstea...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #45
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina_Sprem View Post
Mezak is such a WASTED TALENT. She had brilliant junior career!!
Those are some harsh words from you. Unless I was close enough to know the details I wouldn't judge someone's "failure". Maybe she, like so many others, just did't adapt to the senior tour as well as to the junior events i.e. didn't make a good transition.

Anyway, she'll try to qualify for next week's Brcko 10k. Wish her all the best!