Myskina is very impressive! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #1
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
Myskina is very impressive!

This week I stated that IF Myskina were to make it to the quarterfinals, she would lose easily to Kim Clijsters. Someone said to me "c'mon, don't you think she's in the top 10 for a reason?" I thought to myself "no, not really." I hadn't seen her play on tv all that much - I saw her against Jennifer at Wimbledon and she was not impressive at all; at the YEC this year she seemed okay, but very streaky; but now watching her match against Chanda, she has magnificent ground strokes, much better than I have ever seen from her. If she had a decent serve, she could really challenge all the top players.

Good luck in the quarters against Kim!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #2
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
I have to agree! I've never been a huge Myskina fan, and always thought she was a bit overrated. But the girl's got game. Her groundstrokes are remarkable. I love a flatly hit ball, and she's so versatile off both the forehand and backhand. Not to mention her movement. She's superb side to side. I'm guessing the big hitters give her lots of problems, but she certainly doesn't push the ball. Congrats to Myskina and good luck against Clijsters!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute
I thought she didnt play well at all, only started to improve when Chanda choked and let her back into the match. She should have lost the 1st set much more easily than 7-6. Both players were not even close to the level of Kim.
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #4
country flag AnDyDog621

AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulez
This week I stated that IF Myskina were to make it to the quarterfinals, she would lose easily to Kim Clijsters. Someone said to me "c'mon, don't you think she's in the top 10 for a reason?" I thought to myself "no, not really."
Didn't i say that to u?? like the thread was like easy draws and you were saying Kim has a pretty easy draw since she has Myskina, but yea, Hopefully Myskina can play her game and do her best, and hopefully have a W next to her name
#1 Dinara Safina
Sopot 2002: Winner Tier III / Palermo 2003: Winner Tier V / Paris 2005: Winner Tier II
Prague 2005: Winner Tier IV / Gold Coast 2007: Winner Tier III / Berlin 2008: Winner Tier I
Los Angeles 2008: Winner Tier II / Montreal 2008: Winner Tier I / Beijing 2008: Silver Medalist Olympics
Tokyo 2008: Winner Tier I / Rome 2009: Winner Premier Five / Madrid 2009: Winner Premier Mandatory
AnDyDog621 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM   #5
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimentee
I thought she didnt play well at all, only started to improve when Chanda choked and let her back into the match. She should have lost the 1st set much more easily than 7-6. Both players were not even close to the level of Kim.
Kim herself wasn´t all that hot against Farina-Elia either, I might add...
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #6
country flag Joachim

Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past Joachim has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yes, but Kim will beat Myskina.
Joachim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #7
country flag AnDyDog621

AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all AnDyDog621 is a name known to all
we will see 2m
#1 Dinara Safina
Sopot 2002: Winner Tier III / Palermo 2003: Winner Tier V / Paris 2005: Winner Tier II
Prague 2005: Winner Tier IV / Gold Coast 2007: Winner Tier III / Berlin 2008: Winner Tier I
Los Angeles 2008: Winner Tier II / Montreal 2008: Winner Tier I / Beijing 2008: Silver Medalist Olympics
Tokyo 2008: Winner Tier I / Rome 2009: Winner Premier Five / Madrid 2009: Winner Premier Mandatory
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #8
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
I think Myskina playes great beating Chanda but I also think Kim is better on both wings than Chanda that Nastasia's groundstroke would not be set-up like that. I'm thinking of a close match though.

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM   #9
country flag AnDyDog621

I hope the Kim loses 2m and that Justine loses today, just cause i like Lindsey and Myskina better, but if they win, they win, good for them, im very concern that Myskina will have a bad serving day 2m, hope she doesn't though, GO QF's!!! it will be great (if all of them happens)
#1 Dinara Safina
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #10
country flag LindsayRulez

LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of LindsayRulez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDyDog621
Didn't i say that to u?? like the thread was like easy draws and you were saying Kim has a pretty easy draw since she has Myskina, but yea, Hopefully Myskina can play her game and do her best, and hopefully have a W next to her name
YES, I think it was you as a matter of fact. Now I can say that you were definitely right!
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #11
country flag FLL

FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future FLL has a brilliant future
Nastya can do it. She has a 3-3 H2H with Kim so she knows she can do it. She will!
FLL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #12
country flag jenny161185

jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future
yeah I thought the same but this girl can sure hit a ball , think Kim will make it through to the semis