What does Lisa Raymond have to do to beat Venus? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:14 PM   #1
country flag VW#1

VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice
What does Lisa Raymond have to do to beat Venus?

And I'm serious about this. I think she first needs to go for her shots, so that when she does come to the net she doesn't get smacked in the head. She also should take a little off of her first serve so that she does not have to worry about Venus swinging away on her second serve. And most importantlyshe needs to take the opportunities she gets. A lot of the points will be out of her hands, so if she gets a break point, a lot of second serves, or venus is off she needs to take the few opportunities she gets. I think Lisa has a chance but a slight one, i say Venus wins 3 and 3
VW#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM   #2
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Lisa needs to bring it on. Shew ould have to expose Venus' weaknesses, and really expose her second serve. Move in. Smack it. Then she needs to really give it all she's got, no fear. But I think Venus should win this with one easy set, and one medium type set, like a 6-2 6-4 or 6-2 7-5 thing.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM   #3
country flag CapFan#1

CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough CapFan#1 is a jewel in the rough
Play the match of her life! LOL! No seriously, Lisa is a good hard court player, but not that mobile.... she nets to get to net succesfully, and hope Venus is off a bit. She needs to really take advantage of the Venus second serve...... prob. Venus wins in 2 close sets!!!
CapFan#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:21 PM   #4
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
But Venus's 2nd serve has been pretty impressive thus far
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Kill Her! Then Hide the Body!

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:22 PM   #6
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_Fault
Kill Her! Then Hide the Body!
how about pulling a Nancy Kerrigan??
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:23 PM   #7
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the last time I have seen those two play a match was at the US Open (2002?), and Venus won 6-3 6-2 or something like that. Surprisingly Lisa hardly went to the net, instead she tried to keep up with Venus from the baseline. She did that quite well, but still she will never beat Venus that way.
In her last match, she served 9 aces and went to the net 32 times. That's what she has to do today. Of course Venus will pass her, and Lisa will probably lose no matter what, but she should at least try to make the most out of her strenghts.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:26 PM   #8
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001
She'll have to get her boyfriend to do it so she has an alibi.

Actually, maybe she can just get Martina N .
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:26 PM   #9
tennisfan1972

tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all tennisfan1972 is a name known to all
Well from what i have noticed, this Rebound Ace Surface is actually hiding venus' weaknesses. Its making her kick serve bounce a lot higher and makes it less attackable. u would have to be a seles, davenport, serena, jen type returner to beat that second serve. its also giving her alot of time to set up and hit good deep forehands. I agree that Lisa should go for her shots more try to move Venus around as much as possible and mix up the spins. I would approach the net to her forehand. and definately try to keep her own errors down. but im almost afraid that Lisa will try to hit with Venus from the ground. Venus is returning too well for Lisa's serve volley game to be effective i think.
tennisfan1972 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:30 PM   #10
cool bird

cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road cool bird is on a distinguished road
Not let Venus get in to any sort of a rhythem out on the court. If lisa has a slice back hand use it. But also she has to mix up the play. Stay back at times. I rember when Venus played Chanda at the US open Chanda done a really good job of geting to net. But the bad thing about doing it all the time is that on the big points Venus knew it was comeing. If you understand what i mean.

And the most important belive that she CAN WIN. Even if she lose the first set to love
cool bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:49 PM   #11
country flag Rub

Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of
pray that venus will commit 100 unforced errors! but even then, venus could still win!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:52 PM   #12
Foot_Fault

Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute Foot_Fault has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart
She'll have to get her boyfriend to do it so she has an alibi.

Actually, maybe she can just get Martina N
Do you actually think she have one of those? Oh...Nav. Ok, I get it! LOL

Rafael Nadal

Venus Williams

2000, 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2008 Wimbledon Champion - Venus Williams Kicks GrASS!!
Foot_Fault is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:54 PM   #13
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
They asked that question of an opposing caoch regarding Jim Thorpe. The answer has gone down in (american) football lore, but is quite applicable here.

"With a shotgun when (s)he comes out of the dressing room"
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:04 PM   #14
SerenaSlam

SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future SerenaSlam has a brilliant future
the most games Lisa has ever won against venus williams is 4. she basically playing her on a hardcourt, and i don't think she is going to do to well. i've seen matches where she comes in a lot against venus, and then the matches where she tries to hang on the baseline with venus. venus came up with the goods. what she needs to do is step out on court, and play her game, and hope like everyone else does when they play a williams for an off day, b/c it seems the only time venus and serena have close matches is b/ c of the maount of errors that they make. not the level of play their opponent is at.

Let The Word....Do the Work...

Speak over YOURSELF...

Follow Me! @CedricEarl
SerenaSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:04 PM   #15
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
shouldn't that be a Tonya Harding?

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote