Tennis Forum banner

Cheering thread for Magüi Serna!

1K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Manu79 
#1 ·
Well, the Australian season for Magüi hasn’t been successful at all, but hopefully things will start to work in Europe, in a tournament where Magüi has had a successful performance some years.

I start this thread early so that we have some time to cheer before everything is over ;)

¡¡VAMOS MAGÜI!! :):)

P.S. I'm not gonna ask for a 'nice' draw because one never knows what 'nice' means in the draws... :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Well, a shame that we have lost some posts here :sad:, let's hope that this works from now on.....

We'll have live scores of this tournament...at a 'decent' time, at last :p

Magüi's doubles partner from now on should be Molik, but she doesn't play in Paris and Antwerp, so she'll have to look for a partner when she arrives in Paris.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :D:D

#7 ·
"The competition is back" but for how long...Magüi get a tough draw, Mandula in first round, but she was one of the lowest rankt players in the Com-list.
Where's Caz? we need her to do some 'headbanging' next week!! ;) I have a bad feeling about this tourny, can be over too soon...

In dubs Magüi has found a new partner, they are the second seeds with her partner Maria Vento-Kabchi. good luck!!

My comp and browser crash when I try to load the Open Gaz website, I wonder if they will have live scores tomorrow?

Vamos Magüi!! :)

#8 ·
I don't like Magüi's draw. She 'should' win her first match, but in the second round she woul meet a French....at home, not too nice ;). But well, one never knows, we must go match after match ;). And if it ends soon, we'll start the new thread for next week sooner than expected ;)

And in doubles, Magüi's partner from now on should be Alicia, but she doesn't play here, so she had to find a new one for this tournament. Let's hope that they do well, they play tomorrow.

#11 ·
Jorn said:
"The competition is back" but for how long...Magüi get a tough draw, Mandula in first round, but she was one of the lowest rankt players in the Com-list.
Where's Caz? we need her to do some 'headbanging' next week!! ;) I have a bad feeling about this tourny, can be over too soon...

In dubs Magüi has found a new partner, they are the second seeds with her partner Maria Vento-Kabchi. good luck!!

My comp and browser crash when I try to load the Open Gaz website, I wonder if they will have live scores tomorrow?

Vamos Magüi!! :)
lol! I'm here.....just! I''ve been really busy with work for uni. and will be going to Portugal to study next smester, (leaving here this Thursday), so I doubt I'll be around much for a while. :( Since, that's the case, maybe I should do some headbanging now, in advance, just in case?!?! ;)

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Seriously, though, best of luck to Magui this week! :D

#17 ·
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3476831.stm

Serna survives scare

Latest results

Spain's Magui Serna recovered from a disastrous second set to beat Petra Mandula 6-3 1-6 6-2 in the first round of the Paris Open.

Eighth seed Serna coasted through the first set, breaking serve in the fourth game and sealing it in 34 minutes.

But Mandula lifted her game in the second set and established a 5-0 lead before forcing a decider. However, in a topsy-turvy match, Serna then raced to a 5-0 advantage and took the match at the first opportunity. The Spaniard next meets either former champion Mary Pierce or Nathalie Dechy who meet in an all-French first-round clash on Wednesday.

#21 ·
It seems it's Mary's turn, but I hope not!

Magui SERNA (ESP) v Mary PIERCE (FRA)

1997 Wimbledon Grass (O) 32 Mary PIERCE 4-6 3-6

1998 French Open Clay (O) 64 Magui SERNA 7-5 6-2

1998 Kremlin Cup Carpet (I) QF Mary PIERCE 5-7 3-6

2000 Wimbledon Grass (O) 64 Magui SERNA 7-6(5) 7-6(4)

Tied 2 : 2

Will this be the first match between these two players that goes to a third set???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.