Predictions after two rounds - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Predictions after two rounds

Well, the draw has opened up a bit.

I first need to apologize to the fans of the no-seeded players. However, I do not believe a non-seeded player is going to win this tournament. I'm sure some of the seeds will be knocked off by non-seeds, but the eventual champion this year will be a seeded player. Well, to be dreadfully honest, I can only see one of five players winning it, and that's being REAL polite to Lindsay, considering it's her hitting shoulder that's messed up.
Mauresmo's not sick. Mauresmo's not injured.

But damnit, I HATE seeing whiners rewarded. Ah well, she's paid her dues.

Code:
01 BEL Justine Henin-Hardenne- vs 30 RUS Svetlana Kuznetsova
16 --- ----------------------- vs 19 GRE Eleni Daniilidou 
11 RUS Vera Zvonareva--------- vs 17 --- ----------------
05 USA Lindsay Davenport (INJ) vs 31 --- ----------------

-- Justine's stomach bug is the news.  
-- Supposedly, it's a 24-48 hr bug.

-- So she shouldn't be sick per se, but she probably
-- lost the edge off her endurance.  Still, I can't see
-- her losing to Kuznetsova or Daniilidou.  Daniilidou SHOULD
-- beat a weakened Justine, talent-wise, be pigs'll fly before
-- that happens.
-- Anyway JH2 will full-throttle by the time she plays the
-- Davenport/Zvonareva winner.

-- Davenport/Zvonareva - American veteran vs blonde Russian?
-- It might, it just might, get televised.  ESPN doesn't mind
-- showing Lindsay if Lord Roddick or Lord Agassi aren't 
-- playing.  Add the wanna-blonde-Russian fanbase and maybe 
-- we get to see it.  

04 FRA Amelie Mauresmo-------- vs 26 --- ----------------
21 --- ----------------------- vs 15 --- ----------------
10 --- ----------------------- vs 24 --- ----------------
07 --- ----------------------- vs 32 COL Fabiola Zuluaga

-- Hey Amelie!  Wanna trade places in the draw with Venus?

-- If Zuluaga can just beat all the non-seeds she plays, this
-- result might get her seeded in the next THREE slams.

08 --- ----------------------- vs 29 FRA Nathalie Dechy
12 ARG Paola Suarez----------- vs 22 SUI Patty Schnyder
23 RUS Lina Krasnoroutskaya--- vs 14 --- ----------------
03 USA Venus Williams--------- vs 25 USA Lisa Raymond

-- Venus is limping a little.  But this quarter if full of 
-- players who can't hit.  Venus always has time to hit the way 
-- she wants to on the baseline.  

-- I'd like to see Paola Suarez\Patty Schnyder, but fat 
-- chance o' that.

06 RUS Anastasia Myskina------ vs 28 RUS Maria Sharapova
09 USA Chanda Rubin----------- vs 18 --- ----------------
13 --- ----------------------- vs 20 ITA Silvia Farina Elia
02 BEL Kim Clijsters (INJ)---- vs 27 --- ----------------

-- Anastasia Myskina/Maria Sharapova

-- Kim won't get pushed at all til the quarters.

If Venus was facing ANYBODY who could hit before the semis, I'd pick Justine, just because of the ankle sprain. But Justine is a) sick, and b) facing much more powerful players in HER quarter of the draw.

The only healthy player with a realistic chance to win is Amelie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:27 AM   #2
johnboy4

johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
who are the five people?
johnboy4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:35 AM   #3
Topher950

Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light Topher950 is a glorious beacon of light
I was thinking that both Lina and Dechy can hit....granted they are no where near Venus's level...they can hit...Also if its Venus's ankle that is bothering her...mabye the peppermint Patty could give her some troubles with angles, long short balls to make her run......But dont underestimate Lina, Dechy or Schnyder
But if i were to wish luck to someone: i would like to see k-lina not sucking...and i would also wish luck to davenport...bartoli..ivanovic...hantuchova...demen tieva...kirilenko.......dulko...gullickson....pier ce...spears..mirza..Irvin...Peng...
Topher950 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:39 AM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
'hit' - Make the ball travel so fast it challenges Venus' foot speed.

I really don't think anyone in that quarter can do that. I agree that Schnyder, on a good day, is a real threat.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:44 AM   #5
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Seriously in hindsight Momo must be happier being # 4 than # 3 (not that she can't beat the players in Venus' quarter but you've gotta admit that her quarter is way more easier , that said she could very well lose to a nobody b4 the QF)
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:01 AM   #6
johnboy4

johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point johnboy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think myskina will make it to the semis
johnboy4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:31 AM   #7
Volcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy4
i think myskina will make it to the semis
Sharapova
Rubin
Clijsters (inj)

I can see it, but it won't be easy.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 04:23 AM   #8
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
bump
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote