Venus Has Slight Ankle Strain - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 07:59 PM   #1
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Venus Has Slight Ankle Strain

According to Sports Ticker, but should be OK for tonight. Considering she didn't need a trainer to treat it when she was playing Ashley and only ceded one game after she strained it and got whatever treatment she needed to get after the match, it isn't serious, though some will make it out to look serious.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM   #2
country flag Meg22

Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point Meg22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think her ankle would be ok,
'Cause like you said she didn't request help during the match
and it doesn't seem to bother her.

It's happened at 3-1 on the first set
and she still won 6/2 6/1
So don't worry She is gonna play and surely gonna win !

This is the way she moves
So don't try to after her,
you're not gonna catch her
Meg22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:24 PM   #3
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Yep....Vee is gonna be aight.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:25 PM   #4
country flag VW#1

VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice VW#1 is just really nice
i hope she tapes her ankles tonight
VW#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:39 PM   #5
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
I hope it's nothing too searious, and I really hope the rebound ace doesn't make it worse.

Wow now with Venus slightly hurt and Justine being sick this Aussie open is looking more and more cursed.

Couver is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM   #6
country flag lizchris

lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute lizchris has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW#1
i hope she tapes her ankles tonight
She probably will as a precaution, like she tapes her wrists.
lizchris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:48 PM   #7
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizchris
According to Sports Ticker, but should be OK for tonight. Considering she didn't need a trainer to treat it when she was playing Ashley and only ceded one game after she strained it and got whatever treatment she needed to get after the match, it isn't serious, though some will make it out to look serious.
That happened when she jumped to hit an overhead. I noticed that from then on, she kept her toes on the ground when hitting overheads. Wise on RebA
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM   #8
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You for example by starting a thread about it.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM   #9
country flag VeNuS#1LoVa

VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold VeNuS#1LoVa is a splendid one to behold
I hope she's ok, I think she will but I don't want to jinx it...GO VENUS!

Serena Williams
2007 Australian Open
VeNuS#1LoVa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:50 PM   #10
country flag Keith17
Banned

Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road
When she rolled her ankle, that was scary. That could have easily been much worse with the position she was in.

Rebound Ace really needs to end.
Keith17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag Venus Forever
Team WTAworld

Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of Venus Forever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
That happened when she jumped to hit an overhead. I noticed that from then on, she kept her toes on the ground when hitting overheads. Wise on RebA
It was a swinging volley.

Good Luck: RENA, MATTEK, HAYNES, GULLICKSON, HARKLEROAD, RUBIN, GRANVILLE, LEE-WATERS, SCHNYDER, JACKSON, PERRY, KING, SUGIYAMA, PIERCE, TULYAGANOVA, IVANOVIC, KUZNETSOVA, MOLIK, DANIILIDOU, MEDINA GARRIGUES, PETROVA, PENNETTA, GOLOVIN, PEER, LI, SCHIAVONE, RAZZANO, ZVONAREVA, SPREM, SREBOTNIK, VINCI, & SAFINA
Venus Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:08 AM   #12
country flag hinquit

hinquit has disabled reputation
Thumbs down

Quote:
I can't believe a Venus' fan starting such an evil thread. This happened
when she played her first match, almost two days ago, why you even
dream about starting a thread about it now. In fact, had it been any
thing serious or happen to be, it could have been widly reported.
None of these happened. And a fan citing haters to bring their noses here
about Venus fitness.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:13 AM   #13
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
If you go to eurosport.com and look through the videos, theres a lil 2 minute interview with venus and she mentions her ankle and what her trainer thought about it.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:25 AM   #14
TTC Center

TTC Center has a little shameless behaviour in the past
what is Rebound Ace? Thanks.
TTC Center is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:28 AM   #15
country flag VRULES

VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all VRULES is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSerenitywisdom
what is Rebound Ace? Thanks.
a ruberiized hard court. It has a high bounce, is slower than most hard courts, is very sticky, and is very dangerous when it gets hot. There have been so many injurys from it!!
VRULES is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote