Can Kim win? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #1
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Question Can Kim win?

In her first match, she's hitting the ball with much more confidence than I've seen her last year, and she's taking much more chances, exactly what she needs to do.

She has a good draw until she plays Venus and if she wins Justine in the finals.

What do u think her chances are? If the injury stays away I think she can do it.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 11:36 PM   #2
country flag Hawk

Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of Hawk has much to be proud of
That's a mighty big If unfortunatly..I don't think the odds are in her favour for it to stay away thru the whole tournie

If it does though she is potentially dangerous
Hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 11:47 PM   #3
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Well she dispatched Marlene relatively easily. So I would say her chances are good, I'm sure her trainers and whoever else is doing everything they can to minimize the effects of the injury.

Plus she looks very fit and motivated. I love the colour of her outfit

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 12:00 AM   #4
country flag vs1

vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold vs1 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, Kim can win.

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out

SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!

OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM   #5
country flag Diya

Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road Diya is on a distinguished road
Its great now because No one is expecting her to win , no one even gives her a chance of making the SF's let along beating the great Venus Williams. This IMO is the best thing that could have happened to her coz now Kim herself won't think too much about her chances and that will take all the pressure off her and maybe prevent her from choking against the players like Venus and/or Justine !
Diya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:14 AM   #6
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
She didn't impressed me in her first match. Lots of UE's which is unusal for her.
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM   #7
country flag Siyasema

Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diya
Its great now because No one is expecting her to win , no one even gives her a chance of making the SF's let along beating the great Venus Williams. This IMO is the best thing that could have happened to her coz now Kim herself won't think too much about her chances and that will take all the pressure off her and maybe prevent her from choking against the players like Venus and/or Justine !

It's false that no one is giving Kim any chance to win, let alone against Venus who by the way I agree happens to be great. The order that many publications and tennis experts have the AO in is Justine first, with Kim second. Who isn't giving Kim a chance?

Even with that said, Kim will always have pressure on herself simply for that fact that she has yet proven that she can win a major like an Australian for instance.
Siyasema is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:46 AM   #8
country flag SerialKiller#69

SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light SerialKiller#69 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree. The pressure has now shifted to Venus much more than Kim's.

.tatianagolovin.sesilkaratancheva.shuaipeng.

.lindsayDAVENPORT.kimCLIJSTERS.

"i don't wanna be your other half i believe that one and one make two."

alanis m.

SerialKiller#69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 02:13 AM   #9
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw some of Kim's match today. She's going to need to cut down on the errors a lot if she's going to beat Venus. She can win though if she holds it together mentally.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 02:57 AM   #10
country flag Rub

Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of Rub has much to be proud of
don't jinx kim!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 03:09 AM   #11
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future
i think kim's errors were a result oh performance anxiety. her ankle responded +vely and thus her game improved (20 ue 1st set vs. 7 2nd).

further inspection will determine if venus' knee + ankle >= kim's ankle

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent.

Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote