ESPN suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:06 AM   #1
Chris_G

Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold
ESPN suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

The coverage has been going for five minutes and I'm already sick of Roddick, Agassi, and Venus.
Chris_G is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:10 AM   #2
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
Well, get you used to it...'cos that's all you'll be able to see during the next two weeks...That's why I'm (secretly) wishing they will loose in the first couple of rounds
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:23 AM   #3
Chris_G

Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold Chris_G is a splendid one to behold
Anyone who watches them break into an ongoing match to show taped footage of Andy practicing would be tempted to root the same way.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:31 AM   #4
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of
We took the US coverage of the US Open night session prior to 1999 and I remember one year - I think 1998, the match was Philipoussis vs someone, and instead of showing that showed a tape delayed match between the Jenson bros. IMO that's totally stupid. Now we have our own coverage, commentators aren't good but we don't get tape delayed at night sessions(unless its in a rain delay)
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:41 AM   #5
Chris_G

Yeah, those of you who get Eurosport were able to watch the drama of Kuerten vs. Van Lottum unfold while ESPN's talking heads were babbling on and on and on about A-Rod.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:59 AM   #6
country flag AleOrtu

AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute
Here, ESPN has show Guga vs. Van Lottum (from 22 hs to 1 am). After that, the transmision ended and we had to switch to ESPN+

ESPN+ is showing the US coverage, the commentarist are argentinian, but we hear people talking in english under their voices.
They have shown: Henin 6-0 6-0 and now Roddick

We wanted to watch Clarisa Fernandez and Gastón Gaudio, but.....

Eleni Daniilidou - Iveta Benesova - Melanie Klaffner - Gisela Dulko - Daniela Hantuchova - Jelena Dokic - Karolina Sprem -

Akenatón rules, Horemheb sucks
Member #5452 Making Your Life Better Since 2002
AleOrtu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #7
QUEENLINDSAY

QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future QUEENLINDSAY has a brilliant future
Its 98% roddick since airtime.

Monica,Kim,Jelena
QUEENLINDSAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:30 AM   #8
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Venus? what are you talking about? she got about as much air time as Lindsay so....

Anyway I will give you Roddick though, yikes, I mean showing a match is one thing he is the world #1. But all the little extra clips at every free moment are a bit much.
Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:30 AM   #9
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catriel
Here, ESPN has show Guga vs. Van Lottum (from 22 hs to 1 am). After that, the transmision ended and we had to switch to ESPN+

ESPN+ is showing the US coverage, the commentarist are argentinian, but we hear people talking in english under their voices.
They have shown: Henin 6-0 6-0 and now Roddick

We wanted to watch Clarisa Fernandez and Gastón Gaudio, but.....
Can't agree more!
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #10
Chris_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_moonstone
Venus? what are you talking about? she got about as much air time as Lindsay so....

Anyway I will give you Roddick though, yikes, I mean showing a match is one thing he is the world #1. But all the little extra clips at every free moment are a bit much.
I guess the Venus hype is on hold until tomorrow, when she's the big American in action. That initial post was based on the first five minutes, when ESPN established Andy, Andre, Venus, and Lindsay as the only players they care about. (Shocking!) Since then it's been all Roddick, all the time. I almost fell over laughing when Cliff Drysdale announced, "when we come back, we'll talk about Andy Roddick." He's all they were talking about already! Watching this US coverage, you really get the impression the other 127 men dropped out of the tournament.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 07:14 AM   #11
country flag blerr

blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future blerr has a brilliant future
ergggg..it's pathetic......they show Justine with a 6-0,6-0 win but won't show an exciting one!! Morigami and Pelletier were having a tight 3 setter....but they showed THAT boring excuse for a match...It really does SUCK!
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #12
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future
never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent.

Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #13
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
what i hate is that roddick and gonzalez were at 2-2 in the second when karlovic and fish went into a third set tb on a camera court. i mean, come on, at least show me a few points of that match coverage, of course, ended right after roddick really, really boring match
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:17 AM   #14
country flag AleOrtu

AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute AleOrtu has a reputation beyond repute
I can´t believe this........ :evyl:

The transmition has started, as usual, at 22 hs.......but they are showing Hewitt vs. Mammit, the match they shown live 21 hours ago!!!
They have about twenty matchs being played right now! but they are repiting last night show.

For example.... Agassi vs Berdych, or Kuerten vs. Ljubicic

Eleni Daniilidou - Iveta Benesova - Melanie Klaffner - Gisela Dulko - Daniela Hantuchova - Jelena Dokic - Karolina Sprem -

Akenatón rules, Horemheb sucks
Member #5452 Making Your Life Better Since 2002
AleOrtu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote