Articles and Interviews - Page 298 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM   #4456
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What the heck are you referring to?
It could be the count of 'you know' or it could be that Chrissie is a fan of Paul Hardcastle :

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2014, 11:05 PM   #4457
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
It could be the count of 'you know'
Yep.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:46 PM   #4458
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Verry disappointed to read of Caro's loss. Sounds like she played terrible. Well one thing at least. She knows and admits she played bad in that interview. She does seem pretty disappointed and is not coming up with the "I think I played well" line.

As far as her "you knows" - it's one of those things stands out in the transcript. Kim used to say "you know"all the time. But listening to it is totally different from reading it. Listening to it - I'm sure it would all sound perfectly normal and you wouldn't notice it unless you are specifically looking for when she says it.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:10 PM   #4459
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Bouchard had a ton of "you knows" in her post match interview today. I know that it is not new for players to say that but now I am looking out for it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:20 PM   #4460
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Bouchard had a ton of "you knows" in her post match interview today. I know that it is not new for players to say that but now I am looking out for it.
Jennifer Capriati used to be the "you know" champion of the world.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #4461
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki plays down title talk, but aims to break jinx in Istanbul
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/woz...medium=twitter
Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki says she is happy to be in Istanbul and will try to end her jinx in Turkey at the WTA Istanbul Cup.

The Danish tennis player has made several visits to Turkey as part of her commercial deal with the national flagship carrier, but her playing campaigns in Istanbul have been less than impressive.

Arriving at the WTA Championships as the top-ranked player in women’s tennis in 2011, Wozniacki bowed out of the year-ending tournament with two defeats in three matches. In the remaining two seasons that Istanbul hosted the Championship, she was no longer the holder of the top spot in the WTA Tour, which oversees women’s tennis.

This time, she leads the bill in a solid TEB BNP Paribas WTA Istanbul Cup, which returns after a three-year break.

“It’s nice to be back. I really like Istanbul: it’s a great place and I had some great experiences so I’m glad to be back here,” Wozniacki told a group of reporters in a round-table interview on July 14, a day before her first game.

She played her first game against Belinda Bencic on the evening of July 14. Despite being the top seed at the tournament, Wozniacki has played down her title talk.

“I just have to wait and see. I haven’t played a tournament since Wimbledon, but I’m excited to play here and hopefully I’ll do well,” Wozniacki said.

After holding the top spot for more than 60 weeks and ending the 2010 and 2011 seasons at the top the rankings, Wozniacki had two troublesome campaigns following her success. Now she is ranked 15th in the WTA rankings and still hoping to qualify for the year-ending Championship in Singapore.

One could be forgiven for forgetting that she is still on the right side of her 20s, and Wozniacki refuses to push the panic button for her recent troubles.

“I think saying something like ‘Things are not going well’ when you’re top 10 in the world is exaggerating things. Things are still going very well. It would be a sin to say things are not going very well,” she said.

She then points to the court while two of her colleagues are playing their first round games before saying: “You can ask thousands and millions of people out there who dream of reaching where I am.

And when the media say ‘It is a disaster,’ it is not. If you ask any player out there if they want to finish top 10, I think they would say ‘Yes.’”

She admitted that it is easier to crawl up the rankings for younger players, however staying there was tough.

“When you’re there, everyone sees you as a target. Everyone wants to find a way to beat you. That’s why there are so few players that reach the top and stay there for a couple of years,” Wozniacki added.

About her plans to return to her best, she had no magic wand.

“It hasn’t been a lucky season so far, but we still have half a year to go, there’s so many things that can happen. Honestly, I just feel that I’m healthy and I’m playing well again and I’m on the right track,” she said.

Known for her lighter attitude toward the game, her opponents and even herself, her character might be helping in her bid for a comeback.

“I don’t take myself too seriously and I think it’s just about enjoying what you do and having some fun both on and off the court … I think that is how I am,” Wozniacki added.
July/15/20

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM   #4462
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

What a surprise, the media noticed that Caro and Rory won titles on the same day!

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...s-british-open

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.1873953

http://www.thestar.com/sports/tennis...anbul_cup.html

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/artic...ally-video.htm

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/wozn...cilroy-breakup

http://pallynews.com/wozniacki-wins-...-british-open/

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...nbul-cup-title
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #4463
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ On ESPN, there is a vote : "If Caroline Wozniacki will ever win a (grand) slam."

I assume they mean, A slam and not an actual grand slam, but 56% vote 'yes'. Hmmmm. Well, so did I just. lol.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #4464
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you guys didn't know that Caro played on the Atp tour. Check out the caption to the photo at the top of the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...i-6-1-6-1.html
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #4465
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

well, I assume it was also her first ATP event then

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #4466
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another article on the Istanbul final:

http://www.livetennis.com/category/l...-201407200011/
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM   #4467
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all njcbe is a name known to all

Here's a half decent article about Caro's results pre, during, and post DB (I'm sure y'all can figure that one out)

http://www.businessinsider.com/carol...on-fire-2014-7

But the part starting with "Her dominance..." and ending with "...her ability at a player" is just ridiculous. Btw, the grammar isn't the best
njcbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote