Melanie Oudin - Page 297 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 6th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #4441
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Melanie Oudin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisamulo View Post
That's fine. Might be better to start training early, get a good start for next year, anyway. I'm fine with her not playing for the wild card, too. The Australian "blue clay" isn't a great surface for her. I would rather she skip going down-under, save her cash, and focus on training for clay season. Clay is probably her best chance for wins, points and cash.

She has to improve her footwork and timing, it's gotten sloppy, and it's killing her. Sometime, she has great footwork, other times she hardly moves. So, actually... I would like to see her spend some of the off-season training with her old coach, working on footwork and speed. She improves that, and it will improve everything, but perhaps the serve. Also, I think she's looking fitter than I've seen her in awhile, but losing a little more would help with her movement. Look what it's done for Woz.

It's been a tough year for Mel, on the other hand, she's got nothing to defend at the beginning of the year, and little after that. She has a lot of room to improve her ranking
Are you referring to the old coach who slept with Melanie's mom? THAT old coach?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #4442
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

all the best to Mel

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #4443
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Are you referring to the old coach who slept with Melanie's mom? THAT old coach?
At this point, it's really not relevant as it looks like most of her off-season will be spent in recovery, again. But, yeah, I was suggesting that she work with him some during the off-season on footwork. She had great footwork when she was working with him, for the most part, but the last few matches I've seen of Mel's, her footwork has been more bad than good. It affects the rest of her game. So, spending some time in off-season, focused on regaining her great footwork, would be time well spent. I wasn't suggesting that she start working with him full-time.
tenisamulo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #4444
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Mel is home from her heart surgery. She tweeted that everything went great
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #4445
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Glad everything went well. Keep fighting, Mel!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #4446
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At this point, it's really not relevant as it looks like most of her off-season will be spent in recovery, again. But, yeah, I was suggesting that she work with him some during the off-season on footwork. She had great footwork when she was working with him, for the most part, but the last few matches I've seen of Mel's, her footwork has been more bad than good. It affects the rest of her game. So, spending some time in off-season, focused on regaining her great footwork, would be time well spent. I wasn't suggesting that she start working with him full-time.
Even if he offered to work for free, I don't see that happening.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #4447
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon Mel!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #4448
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #4449
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great to hear
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #4450
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Mel tweeted today that her recovery from the eye surgery is going well, but she seems to have torn a muscle in her back. She just can't catch a break.

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #4451
country flag tenisamulo

Poor Mel