Tennis Forum banner

Alizé LIM

326K views 1K replies 85 participants last post by  AwonderfulKiwi 
#1 · (Edited)
I am surprised no one started a thread yet to support her :).

Alizé LIM was born on 13/07/1990 according to her ITF biography.

She obtained her first international ranking this summer, after her good results in Morocco (Casablanca + Rabbat x 2).

She is ranked #950 this week , but will without doubt move up in the future.

She is playing this week (01 Sep to 07 Sep 2008) the $10,000 Brasov (Romania).

All the best to her :D

#565 ·
Not sure anyone wants to see it, but I have the finish of this match from 1-2 in the second set, from the TV coverage on CBSSN. I know she has a lot of fans on account of her looks, and I don't think she makes it on TV very often, so if anyone wants to see it, I can upload it.

#568 ·
I have it encoded and ready to upload, but lost my internet/phone/cable service this morning and it looks like I may not get it back until next week. I am typing this from my office. If I can find a way to upload this weekend from somewhere else, I will try, but it will likely be next week before I can upload it. Sorry.

#571 ·
Weather permitting, I am going to try today, to upload it to depositfiles. Hope that is OK. We had some storms in the area last night and it cut short my upload before it finished. I will post the link here when I get it uploaded.

To answer the question, no, I am afraid it isn't "HD". I did my best with what I had, but I don't have the tools to record stuff in HD. I had to record it using an old DVD recorder and then upscale and encode the VOBs to an AVI with XVid. The resolution is 1080 x 720 but it is definitely not HD. Until some better video of Alizé comes along, I guess it will have to do. Sorry.

#575 ·
I don't think it would help, to be honest. The problem is the recording. I don't have the ability to capture straight from the signal to my computer (i.e., no capture card), so I have to record to a DVD and then convert from the VOBs on the DVD-R. The DVD recorder only records at 640x360 resolution, so to make the aspect look right and make it viewable at 720 pixels, I had to "blow it up" in the conversion process. I don't mind trying to upload all of the VOBs, but the quality of them is no better than the video you are seeing in this file.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.