Tennis Forum banner

Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread

30K views 845 replies 25 participants last post by  pcrtennis 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow,...... I really didn't expect to make a cheering thread for an Asian player. :eek:
But Mi-ra definitely needs some support and cheer from some fans for now.

Yesterday, Mi-ra left a message on her fan site that she will do her very best until she retires to be an unforgettable tennis player to her fans.... after seeing more new members on the site and supports from them. It's really good to hear that. :D

Mi-ra said she would leave for Dubai today,...and then Vietnam. :)

She has been quite unlucky after early success in junior in many ways. She once retired due to poor management of her team ( :fiery: they just abandoned her after putting BIG pressure on her ) and came back later with different team but still struggling. She was sooooo close to enter GS qualy lately,... but missed all. ( 1st in waiting list in US open 2001,.... runner-up in Asian Championship for Assie Open this year) :( :mad:

Today, Mi-ra is going to Dubai ALONE,... and her teammate Yoon-joeng Cho is going to US for 4week tour with some staffs. :( :fiery:

She's very nice and kind,.... and it's her biggest weakness in her game. She is not a player who have kind of killer instinct or cocky attitude. It brings me great sympathy for her, though.

Go, Mi-ra! You can do it!!!
:bounce:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the update Erik. I hope she'll perform well in Dubai.

Good to hear that her commitment in Vietnam is confirmed. I look forward to her venue here :D . And I'll try to have a look at her matches :) .

She should not worry too much about being that close in quite some opportunities. The same happened last year to some players I know of. Missed first quite a few opportunities at the beginning of the season, but not by much. And suddenly it happened :) . And now it's happening big!!!

Do you think she could putting too much pressure on herself now, which is reflecting on her game during her matches?

Anyway, as I said, I'll have a look at this here in Vietnam ;) .

#3 ·
Thank you Eric for creating a wonderful thread such as this! :bounce:

Mi-Ra really does care for her supporters and I'm sure they're the ones that motivate her the most. ;)

Hope she does well especially at Dubai, where there are many points to gain. She has nothing to lose the next couple of weeks, I really hope she takes advantage. It's her 1st time as a pro going to UAE and Vietnam. I hope she enjoys herself as well as play good tennis. :D

#4 ·
*bump* for Mi-Ra :) she's really battled hard to get back to where she's at right now, and I hope that she can avoid injuries and maybe actually get a few decent draws for once! I'd love to see her make the qualifying for a slam this year, definitely within reach if she can put together some solid results.

#5 ·
Thanks for your supports to Mi-ra. :D

Mi-ra must be happy about your supports,.... she wouldn't know she has some supporters in foreign coutries. ;) I'll notify her soon.

Final qualifying match against Ka-po Tong would be very critical for Mi-ra's confidence. Mi-ra had won Ka-po many times,... but in their last meeting, Mi-ra lost. :( She should have been more aggressive.

Go, Mi-ra!!

#8 ·
Steveg : I appreciate your efforts for match reports in Challenger Forum. :D

If you have a chance to talk to Mi-ra,... please let her know there are many supporters out there. It would encourage her a lot in foreign country.

I'll look forward your Mi-ra's match report.

Thanks in advance.

:D

#11 ·
Thank you so much, Steveg. :D

She should be grateful for your kind words. As you know, she can't speak English,... she is not that relaxed in foreign country,.. maybe nervous or intimidated especially when she travels alone like this time. ( No staff. :( )

In her fan page,... Mi-ra said she would always like to make some friends on tour and look around the sites,.. but language is a big barrier or her. That's why she rushes to go hotel after match,... but some kind words to her like you did would help her to be more relaxed in foreign tour.

#12 ·
Thanks for your post Eric. This helped me to understand Mi Ra a bit better.

I have however to disagree on one point with you ;) : her English is not that bad as I had today a bit of a conversation with her. She seems to be extremely kind :) .

She was in the player lounge sitting not far from me and Shiho (Hisamatsu) came by. Since I had just played with Shiho a few hours ago, I had a little bit of a discussion with her. And it turned out she seems to be on excellent terms with Mi Ra.

I therefore took the opportunity to take a photo of the both of them.

And I mentioned also what you asked me : to tell her that several persons are following her results in Vietnam. She appeared extremely happy to hear about that.

I'll give her tomorrow a print out of the photo (but I'll try to post it in the ITF Hochiminh City photos thread first ;) ).

Would you think she would appreciate that I give her the URL of the thread you started (even if she has her own website)?

#13 ·
Steveg : Thanks for everything. You're doing great! :D

I watched your photo gallery,... and it's much better than Tier I event. :wavey: The players look very friendly in your picture (especially Shiho & Mi-ra's. ;) )

I really appreciate your mentioning to Mi-ra,.. hopefully she would be encouraged by that. What she needs are confidence and motivation.

And it's really nice to hear that Mi-ra can commnucate well in English. Maybe she improved her English communcation skill from last year,.. good for her. :D

Lastly,... I'm not sure she will visit this site soon,.. but it would be very nice if she visit here. Hopefully, she can get some fan support & motivation here.

#15 ·
Steveg : Thank you so much.. :D ( I'll reapt here again, too. ;) )

The win over Ka-po Tong would boost Mi-ra's confidence. She will know that she can beat them and win this tourney if she keep this level of mental toughness.

Good luck to her in final and in Seoul 25K event as well.

Go, Mi-ra~~

#18 ·
WTA ranking as of April 22, 2000

rank name point add next-off
226 Mi-ra Jeon 115 20 5

After Seoul challenger, she will be #2 ranked player in Korea. Hopefully she can represent Korea in Asian game,... and some good results from Japan challenger in coming week,.... she can enter Grand Slam!!!!

Go, Mi-ra!

#24 ·
During the ceremony right ater the match,... Mi-ra had short speech,.. and very emotional. She said she is very grateful for everybody,... (mentioned so many people including ball boy&girls ) And she also said she will try more and more to

I really think she deserve this win, she really earned it. It should be a big boost for her career,... her first challenger victory. She broke in top 200 again!

I'm just back from the tournament site.

While watching the match, I was worried about her stamina cause she had a hard fight over 4 hours yestday. But she must have trained so hard or mentally tough enough to last 3 setter again.

And she had big pressure mentally as well as physically from yesterday match. The semi match against Jin-young Choi was televised not only nation-wide but also world-wide using internet streaming. Many tennis-related internet boards, so many people posted severe critisism,..... some said the two player should be banned in domestic tour forever. ( How ridiculous! :mad: :fiery: )
And the commentator on TV said "It's quite embarrasing to have this moonball game from two nationa representative players. It's pathetic,.. and they should change their game." something like that. And the broadcasting was stopped after second set.

Congratulations! :D
And good luck to Mi-ra next week.
:wavey:

#25 ·
Congratulations to Mi-Ra :D . This is certainly only a new beginning for her :D .

And sorry about the bad critics for her 1/2 final, but this is not her game, her style and her spirit. She managed well against a player who tried to take advantage of her weaknesses! Well done here also :D .

And I hope for you Eric, that you had time to chat with Mi Ra at some stage during this tournament :angel: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.