Miss Fairness of WTA - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who?

Serena Williams 46 15.75%
Caroline Wozniacki 28 9.59%
Tsvetana Pironkova 8 2.74%
Agnieszka Radwanska 21 7.19%
Ana Ivanovic 30 10.27%
Maria Sharapova 21 7.19%
Victoria Azarenka 8 2.74%
Petra Kvitova 48 16.44%
Li Na 49 16.78%
Other 33 11.30%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 19th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #166
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miss Fairness of WTA

It is ridiculous that people are accusing Petra of abusing the bathroom break. She takes them only when she is allowed to, at the end of a set. No tactical medical timeouts.

The yip (Pojd!) she emits after winning a point is an unrehearsed, unpremeditated release of tension and emotion. It is also not tactical, intimidating, or directed at the opponent.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #167
country flag I_CLAUDIA_1961
CONGRATS ON WINNING #18 SERENA JAMEKA!

I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Serena in this poll Oh, Jesus take the wheel! Let's just add in Putinseva, Barbora, and Rodionova for good measure.
Yep, because she had an issue with that sighted lines judge in her 20 year career in 2009?

Hell, on court Serena has never cheated another opponent, although she has been cheated by other players (Someone said their Hand wasn't raised (Admitted it was years later to someone who didn't admit that a ball didn't touch their racket who later turned herself into a ball-fluffer on camera vs Serena in Spain) lines people and chair umpires--Need we forget that embarrassing match seen on television by millions--as in the 2004 US Open debacle SF vs J. Cap who by the way said she didn't notice if any balls were way in or way out during in her post-presser , and some of those balls were in and or out by huge margins Tracy Austin made a comment days later in which she said there is no way for Jennifer to not have seen how far in or out those balls were, which in her estimation was not good sportsmanship. That "Debacle in New York" was so bad shot spot was ushered in, and a letter was written to Serena apologizing for how badly that match was refereed (Alves was removed for the rest of the tournament because she was so bad that night). Wasn't just 1 bad call but SEVERAL bad calls, and I reember Serena asking Alves how come she couldn't do a re-do of the point and Alves said that particular ball was way in and upon replay, that ball was WAY out. Even John McEnroe said if he was down on court he'd have asked for the tournament supervisor.

SO Instead of 2009's crunk/not so good behavior, Serena got it wrong and should have gone crunk during the 2004 US Open SF protesting the "Little Shop of Horrors" officiating from the chair on down to the sighted lines people. SO uh yeah, while I didn't then or now condone her going off in 2009 like she did, her being fined the largest fine ever was enough for me, especially considering how Serena was screwed into HELL during 2004's SF match--Yet somehow managed to hold her cool mostly, and for that night ALONE in 2004 for the MESS that was the 2004 US Open Semi-finals, I gave Serena my vote as Miss Fiarness of the WTA.

So, please spare me.
I_CLAUDIA_1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #168
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
It is ridiculous that people are accusing Petra of abusing the bathroom break. She takes them only when she is allowed to, at the end of a set. No tactical medical timeouts.

The yip (Pojd!) she emits after winning a point is an unrehearsed, unpremeditated release of tension and emotion. It is also not tactical, intimidating, or directed at the opponent.
And does that make it any better then ? that's not the point at all. Medical timeouts are also allowed, but sometimes they are used with the only purpose to break the opponent's rhythm, exactly the same as toilet breaks.

I've always found Petra's barks quite weird and funny, but the pojds at UEs, as unrehearsed and unpremeditated as they might be, are also as loud, shrill and frequent as the pomes, ajdes and c'mons, so there's no reason to assume then that they are not as much of a hindrance, though if someone is such a mental midget to get intimidated by them, then they probably don't deserve to win in the first place.

BZS, another czech player, was looking blatantly pissed at Petra's endless barks in their last Wimbledon match. She probably wouldn't agree with you either.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #169
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Petra doesn't take bathroom breaks to disrupt her opponent's rhythm. She does it to fix her own problems.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #170
country flag mac47

As for BZS looking pissed during a match with Petra, that's obvious. BZS looks pissed whenever she is on a tennis court.
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #171
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra doesn't take bathroom breaks to disrupt her opponent's rhythm. She does it to fix her own problems.
So, you admit that Petra Kvitova takes tactical bathroom breaks as gamesmanship? Not because she would need them for obvious physical reasons.

A typical example, the 2013 US Open R1 Match Petra Kvitova vs Misaki Doi:
http://2013.usopen.org/en_US/news/ar...relatedcontent

Quote:
The six-foot Kvitova started the match strongly and looked as though she was going to overpower the comparatively diminutive Doi, who stands at five-foot-3. The No. 7 seeded Czech player had a massive lapse in concentration in the second set, however, committing 15 unforced errors. Doi smartly recognized an opening and upped her game, serving at well placed angles and dictating points, dragging Kvitova all over the court to force a third set.

After a lengthy bathroom break between sets, Kvitova came back swinging and immediately asserted herself by breaking Doi’s first service game in the third set and capably closed out the match to advance to the second round.

(There are lots of similar three-set matches with a lengthy bathroom breaks in her career, but she's not only player to use that tactics)
Exordes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #172
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy and Kate View Post
I've always found Petra's barks quite weird and funny, but the pojds at UEs, as unrehearsed and unpremeditated as they might be, are also as loud, shrill and frequent as the pomes, ajdes and c'mons, so there's no reason to assume then that they are not as much of a hindrance, though if someone is such a mental midget to get intimidated by them, then they probably don't deserve to win in the first place.
No, they're not. Screaming at opponent's DF* or constant shrieks - that's gamesmanship. Since UE can be caused by your pressure or risky shot, I have no problem with sound celebration.

Seriously, some of you people should get off ass from couch and start doing any sport.

*I can even imagine this being done in the heat of playing

Quote:
As for BZS looking pissed during a match with Petra, that's obvious. BZS looks pissed whenever she is on a tennis court.
Most likely cos she's the only convinced doper.
outlier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote