Not open for further replies.

Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2014 Season - Volume 16

166K views 6K replies 98 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
New volume.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: COME ON :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#1,806 ·
Re: Jelena Jankovic Cheering Thread - 2013 Season - Volume 16

Not taking her chances to hold, no depth on the forehand, 1st serve % has to be like 35%.

Looks like I should've asked for some fucking depth on JJ's forehands for Christmas :eek:

#1,807 ·

The luckiest serve game comes right as she serves for the set. So fucking angry and frustrated right now.

And Jelena playing like a retard. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

#1,809 ·

Well look at that Jelena's already given up.

Bye.

#1,814 ·

Seems like she's tanking this second set, I knew she should've wd this tournament after the semifinal in Brisbane, she got plent of matches there... And she's going to be at Melbourne with less confidence now. Whatever jeca

#1,815 ·

30 errors already. 15 in 5 games of the second set already...lol.

No wonder she's down 4-6, 1-5.

Funny, Jankovic keeps complaining about how her game is off, but it's only part of the equation. Makarova has been playing really well.

#1,820 ·

30 errors already. 15 in 5 games of the second set already...lol.

No wonder she's down 4-6, 1-5.

Funny, Jankovic keeps complaining about how her game is off, but it's only part of the equation. Makarova has been playing really well.
Yes, this is the first start to finish match I've seen from Makarova. I know she's had some impressive wins, though.
The thing that surprised me the most was Makarova was winning all the long points. The longer the point the advantage was to her.
She served soooo many aces and service winners on the deuce side.
She has incredible action on her forehand cross court. It's not an acute angle she produces but almost a carved or curled shape to that shot. And she gets good depth on the backhand.
She is very fit, for some reason I thought she wasn't.

Jelena came to net behind decent volleys but Makrarova just passed her like it was nothing.
JJ moved really well actually. She made so many errors on her backhand side. Most of them came when the wind was swirling. It was crazy to see that shot leave her. To me, the forehand was the only reliable shot JJ had today.

And to be honest, JJ looked to be a little Brain fried. In hindsight, now, she probably shouldn't have played this event. I mean, I wanted her to play. But seeing how little she could do against Makarova... ah well.

#1,816 ·

Avoided the breadstick at least! See you guys at Melbourne :lol:

#1,819 ·

Why did everyone feel she should withdraw?! :hysteric: Just shows that she gave up quite quickly and is still capable of ugly UEs :sobbing:

#1,824 ·

I'm glad this happened today and not in Melbourne. Even though she was awful today she had some great moments, but I was really asking myself why isn't Makarova Top 10 or 16 at least. That girl is a huge boomer. She played quite solid today.

I mean what are the chances she draws Venus or Petko in R1?
In 2012 she drew Kim and Serena in R1 at Wimby and OI Wimby.

#1,825 ·

Routine loss from Jelena. I'm impressed. I've almost believed that Makarova outplayed her.

#1,828 ·

Horrible match from JJ. Really lost without Marko. I hate this awfull Mladena.
Marko wasn't in Brisbane but today he was there. Both Mlandea and Marko were in her box but it was Marko who was on court coaching her.

#1,830 ·

JJ obviously thinking of stealing Serena's wig anyway :oh:
Obviously. Proofs:
1. Tank vs. Vika; Imperial game must remain surprise for Serena.
2. Making Serena nervous through press headlines reminding everyone of her past successes against Serena.
3. Tank vs. Makarova; She needs to be fresh for AO and there's not much more time for pre slam shopping spree.

What a brilliant plan. It cannot fail. :worship:

#1,832 ·

дalex;37025265 said:
Obviously. Proofs:
1. Tank vs. Vika; Imperial game must remain surprise for Serena.
2. Making Serena nervous through press headlines reminding everyone of her past successes against Serena.
3. Tank vs. Makarova; She needs to be fresh for AO and there's not much more time for pre slam shopping spree.

What a brilliant plan. It cannot fail. :worship:
Number 3 is obviously false hope as well, JJ cannot beat Serena-Slayer Makarova in Australia so how can she beat Serena?! Exactly what Empress wants everyone to think.

#1,837 ·

Number 3 is obviously false hope as well, JJ cannot beat Serena-Slayer Makarova in Australia so how can she beat Serena?! Exactly what Empress wants everyone to think.
Jeja is a genius. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Really? Thank you!! I didn´t see the match, only the "Highlights"...so I am happy that Marco is back!!!
He told her not to allow Makarova to push her around behind the baseline, to stay on the baseline, plant her feet firm for each shot and dictate the rallies. Surprisingly, Jelena wasn't talking back ('cos she knew she was tanking ;))... She was complaining a lot during the match though, yelling to Marko about the wind, sun and whatnot that made her unable to find any rhythm on her shots, either making errors or allowing Makarova to boss her around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.