Tennis Forum banner

Rising Georgian Giant, Oksana Kalashnikova!

86K views 694 replies 43 participants last post by  Jorn 
#1 · (Edited)
I think that the 2005 Orange Bowl 16s champion deserves her own thread. Oksana is from Tbilsi, Georgia and was born on Sept. 5, 1990 so she's 15 years old. Here are some pics of Oksana from the Orange Bowl. :)

See less See more
#54 ·
Re: The Oksana Kalashnikova Cheering Thread!

Can anyone tell me some information about how Oksana plays? I love to see players from different countries. By different I mean countries that don't have many top players, or any top players. Like Palkina from Kyrgyzstan and Kalashnikova from Georgia! :lol: She looks fairly lanky from the pictures on the first page. Is she progressing well? When do you think she will be playing main tour events? :hatoff: Cheers if anyone can answer my questions.

#55 ·

Привет;10242866 said:
Can anyone tell me some information about how Oksana plays? I love to see players from different countries. By different I mean countries that don't have many top players, or any top players. Like Palkina from Kyrgyzstan and Kalashnikova from Georgia! :lol: She looks fairly lanky from the pictures on the first page. Is she progressing well? When do you think she will be playing main tour events? :hatoff: Cheers if anyone can answer my questions.

I heard she's tall, but she doesn't have a big game yet.

She's really steady from the baseline.

#58 ·

Привет;10250135 said:
When you say she doesn't have a big game, do you mean that she doesn't have a big serve and big groundstrokes? Or that she hasn't developed a signature weapon?

Yeah, nothing in her game is big (powerful).

She has the abilities to have some weapons though.

#67 · (Edited)

Well I watched her in Antalya last month, she hits well enough from the back of the court but she certainly needs to improve service-volley game.. She is tall but dont have an effective service for that height..and also she is left-handed..

Anyway, I hope she'll made good progress..

#78 ·

ოქსანამ წყვილთა თანრიგში ნახევარფინალში წააგო რუმინელ ბეგუსთან ერთად

#80 ·

Oksana :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.