Tennis Forum banner

America's New Sweetheart Alison Riske!

178K views 2K replies 104 participants last post by  Ivanovic2008 
#1 ·
I would like to start a cheering thread for one of the sweetest young girls out there. Alison is so nice and always smiling. She's had some great results this summer, and let's hope she can do well in the pro's! :worship: :kiss: :hug:

#345 ·
Anna T is a fighter and has some of the strongest legs I have ever seen. Good try Alison

#347 ·
Alison :hug:

#348 ·
#194 this week :cool:

#350 ·
GL Alison! :cheer:

#351 ·
WTA Profile Picture:

#359 · (Edited)
Hi guys :wavey:

I caught the end of Alison's match against Peers today and was very impressed! She is probably the nicest player I've ever met as well, she seemed to be in a really good mood, so I decided to talk to her a bit and ask about how she's enjoying the UK and she told me that it was her first time on grass, and she's loving it so far. It will be interesting to see what she can do against Han, who I was VERY impressed with in her match. I'm still considering going tomorrow, to try and see their match. But anyway, she's won a new fan in me. :cool:

Reactions: simonsaystennis
#360 ·
Alison lost to Han in straight sets. But she'll now play the quallies of Birmingham, against Savchuk in Round One.

I will probably be there tomorrow, so will definitely watch her match. :cool:

#361 ·
Alison :hug: Good first grass tournament!!
Good luck in Birmingham!!

Any reports you can give from tomorrow would be great -sugi-!! Thanks! :)

#363 ·
Wow 7-6 7-5 to Han! So it was very close!! Nice try!

#369 ·
Alison :bounce:

#371 ·
I was there and I'll post my pictures a bit later.

My day was made pretty much within the first five minutes I arrived at the complex, I walked past Alison, she saw me, smiled and asked how I was :eek: At first I was checking behind me that she wasn't talking to anyone else. She said it was good to see me, and she hoped I'll have a nice day. So that put me in a very good mood for the rest of the day. :bounce:

As for her match, she played very well. Unfortunately, the court she was put on is TERRIBLE for spectators, as you have to watch through a fence if you sit down, and the entrance to it is through the club house, which is not available to the general public, so you watch it from a strange angle which meant I couldn't tell much.
She looked completely at ease on grass, you wouldn't guess it was just her second tournament on it. She served very well, and stayed at the baseline, moving Olga around for most of the match. At the second set, Olga tried to dictate and had a 5-2 lead, but Alison kept rallying and being her consistent self and won the next five games. She also showed great sportsmanship when Olga fell over and she immediately asked her if she was alright. She often said 'please' and 'thank you' to the ballkids as well.

What really impressed me, just like her matches last week is her mental attitude. When Savchuk called for an injury timeout, she didn't waste anytime sitting around. She asked for some balls and practiced her serve while she was being treated. Unfortuntately, because of the location of the court, I didn't get to congratulate her after the match. :sad: Anyway, sorry there isn't much to go on about the actual match itself. I'm going next on Monday and am hoping she'll qualify. She's in great form.

Also, is she coached by her sister? They look alike, but only a few years apart in terms of age and she is :hearts: as well.

#372 ·
She plays Tomljanovic next, who I didn't see anything of. But she destroyed Xinyun Han who was very impressive in Nottingham. :scared: It will be a tough match.

Since I'm not going tomorrow, I'll use my time to post my pictures. :D

#375 ·
Her sister may just be traveling with her for a little bit. I dont think she is her coach. Sarah is just a taller version of Alison with longer hair. I have chatted with her and I am looking forward for her coming to Cincinnati :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.