Doping in the WTA (no accusations without proof) - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you think doping is a problem at the top level of the WTA?

Yes 46 46.00%
No 54 54.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #271
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doping in the WTA (no accusations without proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
I am sorry I must disagree. From what little I have read in the last few minutes, it seems to me that "paranoid chumps" with "rabid rants" have made a much more articulated and argumented case than you have with your labeling and and logical fallacies (which right now I have no time to discuss, but might come back later). It is defensive speach like that every time doping is mentioned, which this thread overflows with, that actually casts as many doubts about doping as everything he has said.
They are preaching to the converted and alienating everybody else.

How many fans of the player who has been the subject of explicit insinuations in the last few pages (about 100 implicit insinuations seems to be the limit before people throw caution to the wind and start to name names, even on a thread where there are supposed to be no accusations without proof) do you think would be currently in the mood to support a motion to beef up the doping controls in tennis?

How many players have been caught and banned/suspended as a result of discussions like this, which are all over the internet? A big fat zero.

Why? Because nobody takes them seriously. Nobody has to any more. The arguments are well known by now, they get wheeled out time after time. There may even be some truth to some of them, who knows, but as long as those get mixed in with the loony tunes stuff, and as long as everything gets presented in such a way as to suggest that it's "obvious" that player X or sport Y is guilty as sin, and that anybody who doesn't agree with that is some insidious fellow traveller, nobody who is in a position to change anything is going to take the slightest amount of notice of people like this.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread