Debate: Venus Williams' Career Placement - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #241
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Debate: Venus Williams' Career Placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Really douchesanders and doomsy too now?! Really? Serena was ALWAYS ahead of Juju..so Juju needed to AT LEAST add Wimby for her to even have a shot at a case. Serena not only had MORE majors, had ALL the majors...but she is the last person male or female to HOLD all the majors.

What Maria has acomplished is nice and all, but it's more in the vein of Agassi's career slam...one major every four years. It's good, impressive..but please don't dare compare Maria with Serena.
Yes, but remember at the end of 2007, it seemed very possible that Justine would pass Serena in the Slam count imminently -- and people such as you and G1Player12/TheDream were saying in all those discussions comments like "even if Justine gets more Slams than Serena, she needs to get the Career Grand Slam to have a case for being better". Don't make me go get the links to the threads
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #242
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yes, but remember at the end of 2007, it seemed very possible that Justine would pass Serena in the Slam count imminently -- and people such as you and G1Player12/TheDream were saying in all those discussions comments like "even if Justine gets more Slams than Serena, she needs to get the Career Grand Slam to have a case for being better". Don't make me go get the links to the threads
Did it?! Oh ye of little faith! Juju was closing in fast..but mostly by the strength of RG. She wasn't adding anything new. So even if she were to tie Serena, if she didn't have Wimbledon..then it was moot point. Because Serena didn't just WIN the career-slam. She HELD all them ALL at the same time. Always was gonna be the tiebreaker. You don't seem to grasp that Serena's career-slam isn't just a career-slam of winning every major on different occasions.

But of course..it's all moot point now about Juju vs Serena, ain't it?! Never doubt Serena. you guys should know this better than anybody by now.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #243
country flag Angelus87

Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all

can we wait till those girl go to retirment and then comapare? it s just at least Maria should and can win more. Venus years are mostly pass her but she did archive great in her carrier and for me she was icon in my teen years
Angelus87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #244
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
At you holding people that aren't even members of this forum accountable for comments from 6 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
I think it was from an interview on bravo the "Watch What Happens Live" or something like that.
My bad I actually thought that was Serena
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #245
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh how quickly they turn arrogant. Girl wins her first major in nearly 4 years..and her fans talk like she's Steffi Graf or something.
Seriously! I was actually feeling sorry for her and her fans this time last year. Now I hope she won't win a slam again ever. Trust me, she won't be getting Sara Erranis in finals anymore.

Quote:
If MashaDasha could make a career recovery...certainly Vee still has it in her. Catch fire at Wimby and nr 8 isn't out of the equation.
Veelieve!

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #246
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh how quickly they turn arrogant. Girl wins her first major in nearly 4 years..and her fans talk like she's Steffi Graf or something.

If MashaDasha could make a career recovery...certainly Vee still has it in her. Catch fire at Wimby and nr 8 isn't out of the equation.
How am I being arrogant I just said that I wish her the very best but knowing her condition and everything it's very unlikely to see her winning a major.
There is absolutely no need to compare her situation with Maria but if you wanna torture yourself then do it.

Quote:
Did it?! Oh ye of little faith! Juju was closing in fast..but mostly by the strength of RG. She wasn't adding anything new. So even if she were to tie Serena, if she didn't have Wimbledon..then it was moot point. Because Serena didn't just WIN the career-slam. She HELD all them ALL at the same time. Always was gonna be the tiebreaker. You don't seem to grasp that Serena's career-slam isn't just a career-slam of winning every major on different occasions.
you're really reaching here.
I could say Maria is the last person to complete the Career slam and that she will hold that title for a very long time, prolly longer than Serena and that she is the one who took that title away from Serena and all.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #247
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Variety of majors only matters in Venus vs. Henin because they have the same number of slams and the rest of their careers are quite close, from Tour titles to the YEC, to their gold medals.

Maria has far less titles than Kim, the only thing she has going for her over Kim is the Career Slam. And yes it's important, but so is the rest of her career.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #248
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
How am I being arrogant I just said that I wish her the very best but knowing her condition and everything it's very unlikely to see her winning a major.
There is absolutely no need to compare her situation with Maria but if you wanna torture yourself then do it.
You mean the four years between '08 and '12 haven't been a torture for YOU guys?! Vee won her last major in '08, same as Masha..so we'll wait it out and see what she can do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
you're really reaching here.
I could say Maria is the last person to complete the Career slam and that she will hold that title for a very long time, prolly longer than Serena and that she is the one who took that title away from Serena and all.
Maria's last player to complete the career-slam. Serena is the last player to win 4 majors in a row and to HOLD all four majors at the same time. Now what do you think has more ring and cache to it?!

So MashaDasha didn't take nothing away from Serena, because Serena and her don't operate at same level.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote