Maia Lumsden - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM   #61
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice
Re: Maia Lumsden

Off to a flying start at Junior Wimbledon, playing Number 2 Seed Bellis, Maia won 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, and is now sitting bellissima at the bottom of the draw, having inherited what was seeded to be the easiest route to the final in that half...

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score...s/gs/r2s1.html

Further information on the Junior Wimbledon thread.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:00 PM   #62
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Maia won today against her doubles partner from South Africa in the springtime, Galfi.

In Round 3 she faces Michaela Gordon, fresh from her long, hard fought victory over Maia's fellos Scot, Wallace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhDCtOoJZ0

Court Bannockbairn TBC. According to Wikipedia, players are due on court at 13.14. Don't know much about Michaela, but I'd be surprised if her shanks are not indeed, as rumour has it, really quite lang.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 12:56 PM   #63
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

Maia should be on court soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/28143058
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 02:06 PM   #64
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was over rather quickly

She has a very awkward looking backhand. I'm not really sure what she's aiming for when she hits it. At times it looked like she was trying for more topspin, other times I thought she was trying to move her body across the shot to hit it flatter. Her forehand was just off today, she could barely find the court.

I do think it might have been a match up issue too though. Gordon (can't believe she's only 14 btw) has very flat, mechanical strokes that are made for grass. Maybe the ball stayed too low for Mia to do anything with. Difficult to gauge her potential based on this one match but she's definitely moving in the right direction.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #65

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

I found a video of the match between Maia and Gordon if anyone is interested.

Old Aug 30th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #66

Maia beat Halbauer in the first of USO Girls Junior Q 6-3 6-4, which is good revenge from when she lost to her in Maureen C Cup. She then played Siqi Cao of China just eding it 7-5 in the third - after Cao had served for the match at 4-5*, hopefully it hasn't taken too much out of her and can win a round now that she's made the MD. GL!
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #67
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely worth a mention that she beat Bellis at Wimbledon and Bellis had a win over Dominika Cibulkova this week!