Tennis Forum banner

The Alexandra Panova Cheering Thread

116K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I don't know if she has a thread already because I can't find it so I'm going to start one. :)

She's into the jr. RG quarterfinals! :D

1R: d. [8] Ioana Olaru 6-3 6-4 :eek:
2R: d. Marlot Meddens 6-3 6-2 :D
3R: d. Roxane Vaisemberg 6-2 6-1 :D

Now she plays the #2 seed Agnieszka Radwanska. Good luck Alexandra! :bounce:

#1,031 ·
Benny pls. She resurrected in set 2 apparently.
Btw Sasha was flawless in set 1. [emoji7]
It's not over until it's over [emoji529]
I would skip work today just to watch it

#1,038 ·
Great job, Sasha :yeah:

Especially with all those matchpoints Svitolina had, nothing wrong with her mentality.

#1,041 ·
She indeed was not feeling well, here the macth report

BOGOTA, Colombia - Alexandra Panova was taken to the limit twice by a determined opponent but the Russian continued her run at the Claro Open Colsanitas, overcoming Conny Perrin 7-6(7), 7-6(7) for a spot in the quarterfinals.

Panova was the author of one the first round's most dramatic upsets, emerging victorious in a rain-delayed three set comeback against the No.1 seed Elina Svitolina.

In the second round against Swiss qualifier Perrin, Panova was taken to two very tight sets. She built up a 5-2 lead in both sets before the Swiss came back twice to force a tiebreak in each one. Perrin held set points in both sets, but each time Panova was able to find a way shut her out.

"My opponent played really well, she has a really heavy forehand," Panova said about 20-year-old Perrin. "I got really unlucky when I was trying to close it out with 5-2, but she was playing really well, nothing I could do. Just fight."

Bogota's high altitude and sharp change in climate - today being the first hot and sunny day after a week of cold and rainy weather - was almost too much for the Russian, who had to receive treatment during the second set due to dizziness.

"I felt fatigue, I felt like fainting. I couldn't look up," Panova said afterwards. "It was cold yesterday, today it's hot. It's still a high altitude and even if I'm in great shape and very fit, it's very difficult."
But great she could close it out, well done, Sasha :yeah:

#1,044 ·
Wimb Q

(2)Viktorija Golubic v Anastasia Pivovarova
Amra Sadikovic v Oceane Dodin
Miyu Kato v [emoji529]Alexandra Panova[emoji529]
Kai-Chen Chang v (24)Julia Glushko

Good luck.

#1,045 ·
Sasha didn't have a great grasscourt warmup, but neither did Miyu. Miyu can play on this surface though; she has an ITF title on it from last year.

Sasha has second round q-points to defend.

Gluck to her!

#1,049 ·
Sasha :yeah:

KC Chang defeated Sasha in the finals at Kurume in 2008, and she continues to play well on grass. What will Sasha bring to the table this time?

#1,052 ·
I'm on a trip but found out that Sasha's R2 doubles match was on tv today and I've freaking monopolized this place's tv to watch it :tears: they lost in two longs sets (12-10 the 2nd set tb) but the battle was epic :tears: Sasha played a fantastic match :hug:

#1,053 ·
USO qualies update: Sasha narrowly lost in the second round against Kristina Kucova, who although was the #1 seed, was also a former pigeon :hug: Final score: 67(8) 57.

Now 1-4 against her.

Sasha qualified last year, so this year was a disappointment. Still will manage to stay in the Top 200.

#1,057 ·
GL to Sasha who makes the FO after missing out last year.

(2)Marketa Vondrousova v Nadia Podoroska
Ksenia Lykina v Barbara Haas
(wc)Yasmine Mansouri v Alexandra Panova
Ivana Jorovic v (14)Anna Blinkova

Sasha returned to tennis in April after being out six months, and seems to have sneaked into the draw before her ranking dropped to its current #388.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.