Tennis Forum banner

The Alexandra Panova Cheering Thread

116K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I don't know if she has a thread already because I can't find it so I'm going to start one. :)

She's into the jr. RG quarterfinals! :D

1R: d. [8] Ioana Olaru 6-3 6-4 :eek:
2R: d. Marlot Meddens 6-3 6-2 :D
3R: d. Roxane Vaisemberg 6-2 6-1 :D

Now she plays the #2 seed Agnieszka Radwanska. Good luck Alexandra! :bounce:

#846 ·
USO-q:

(14)Alexandra Panova v Margarita Gasparyan
Louisa Chirico v Maria Irigoyen
Su Jeong Jang v Nigina Abduraimova
Paula Kania v (28)Allie Kiick

All-Russian opener for Sasha. She's 1-0 against Margarita, but not sure what Sasha's fitness is; she hasn't played since Baku. She also has a third-round position to defend.

#847 ·
SHE BEAT MARGARITA GASPARYAN 7:6 2:6 6:2 :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:
Now it's Louisa Chirico :scratch:
More worried about her than the potential R3 opponent (Abduraimova or Kania)

#848 ·
Saw a lot of this match. It went almost three hours. Margarita has more variety, but Sasha has the experience. She's a tall girl, with a good serve and speed, but her weapon is her fitness, which was great. She just wears you down. She's almost like a robo-player!

#849 ·
Sasha beat Chirico as well 64 63 :bounce:. Now qualify Sasha!!

She plays Kania for a spot in MD, good luck :yeah:

#856 ·
Confirmation accepted, Banana ;). Well Sasha :yeah:. Kucova was playing quite well lately, so not easy to win.

#858 ·
Btw, Sasha has points to defend from a 25K and a 50K in Georgia she won in 2013 so hoping for at least a SF here:cheer:

#864 ·
Sasha won the first in a tiebreak to love against Minella :eek:

Keep going, Sasha, second set a break up :yeah:

#865 ·
She won 76(0) 64 :woohoo:

Bit of a scare when she was serving gor the match at 5-2 and holding a match point, but kept her cool when serving at 5-4 again and facing some break points. Well done, Sasha :yeah:. Though last qualifying match against Friedsam though

#869 ·
Well, too bad, she had a very though section, so I am quite happy the way she performed :yeah:. But still so close, yet so far :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.