Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2015, 01:20 AM   #961
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of
Re: Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread

Nice Q and A with Martina:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/sp...mid=tw-nytimes
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:04 PM   #962
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

Where are the moderators of the tennis forum, I complain about the treatment of Martina Navratilova by the horrible Williams fans, it goes on for a couple of years now and nothing is done about it is pure cyber bullying.

I guess it is okay to bully Martina but not the William sisters race is so sensitive in the US but hidden homophobic behaviour is allright. I know many blacks are homophobic they showed it in California by rejecting gay marriage years ago it had to go through court. Martina is bullied for fun as they say themselves.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #963
country flag Anna4077

Anna4077 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbledon9 View Post
Where are the moderators of the tennis forum, I complain about the treatment of Martina Navratilova by the horrible Williams fans, it goes on for a couple of years now and nothing is done about it is pure cyber bullying.

I guess it is okay to bully Martina but not the William sisters race is so sensitive in the US but hidden homophobic behaviour is allright. I know many blacks are homophobic they showed it in California by rejecting gay marriage years ago it had to go through court. Martina is bullied for fun as they say themselves.
I understand your frustration but let's not bring race into it. These WS fans are just crazy people . Of course some of them are homophobic as well but I don't think that has anything to do with their Blackness.
Anna4077 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM   #964
country flag raccoontat

raccoontat has disabled reputation

Yes, I would agree with Anna4077 that race really doesn't have anything to do with it. I understand your frustration as well but I think you have to keep in mind the nature of humans. Insecure people put down other people to feel more powerful and mask their own insecurities. If it's not Martina they are putting down this minute it will be Caroline's forehead, or Genie's chin, or whatever else they can find that next minute. Don't let them get in your head. I'm sure Martina doesn't.
raccoontat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 01:40 AM   #965
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hi Wimbledon.

"Fans" of any player base usually drive me nuts. As the two previous posters wrote, a lot of this is human nature. Marry that with people who have no sense of history and welcome to General Messages!

There are some crazy Williams fans.
But I also see some crazy Williams haters.

Try not to let it get you down.

At any rate realize that I have no control outside of the Blast From The past Forum.

And here we encourage debate as long as it goes with general respect for others to have a different point of view.

Having said that, "Admiration" threads are just that, for those who admire the player named in the thread.

If anyone EVER disrespects Martina in this thread please let me know, as
inside the forum I can zap posts and posters like Zeus with a lightening bolt
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 01:48 AM   #966
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Changing topics-at least one of Martina's matches from the Aussie is still vieable on ESPN's replay

Go here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Then Australian Open (under replay section)

Then find the match. Bartoli/Navratiova vs Fernandez/Majoli
Old Feb 8th, 2015, 03:19 PM   #967
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

A short but nice article :http://www.updatesnews.com/leander-p...nd-by-a-cross/
I didn't post for awhile but i needed to take Martina's defense in GM ,it's was too rude .Of course as i told i'm too old for that ,members in GM are younger than my sons and their tennis culture began in 2000 and more .We all know Martina very well and that's why we like her ,seeing such a good human being attacked and not respected hurt me .
And now she's a bad ,bad coach because Aga lost her 2 Fed Cup matches ... A never ending story

Last edited by calou : Feb 9th, 2015 at 04:51 AM.
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2015, 01:02 AM   #968
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Very sweet Calou.

I never knew she and Leander had such a personal connection. The part about the cross was very touching.

And talk about good timing for the mixed final! I was very excited to see Hingis and Paes win.

I wonder if he set some sort of record by winning with two women with the same fist name.

Quote:
And now she's a bad ,bad coach because Aga lost her 2 Fed Cup matches ... A never ending story
The coach-pupil relationship is, to me, very much a leap of faith. It can also take time to bear fruit. We will see if Aga is willing to go outside her comfort zone. I have my doubts.
Old Mar 4th, 2015, 05:52 AM   #969
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Martina and Julia Wedding party pictures :http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/...denudity=false
Some pics are moving
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2015, 09:50 AM   #970
country flag Anna4077

Anna4077 has disabled reputation

Anna4077 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote