Bad blood between Russian girls? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #226
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Maria has enough things to worry about. She shouldn't have to take time to police her box. If Yuri is really a problem then the WTA Tour will rectify the situation one way or another becauzse they won't let what happened to Dokic happen to Sharapova.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #227
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't US Open officials force Damir Dokic to leave the grounds?
I remember a picture of Jelena crying, as she walked behind her dad.
Maria should have handled this a long time ago.
All the WTA can do is ban her dad from the tournament site.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #228
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the U.S. Open officials forced Damir Dokic off the U.S. Open grounds. I hope Max, Maria's mom, Lansdorp or Bollettieri or the WTA Tour can help this situation correct itself before it's too late and Yuri becomes a major problem for Masha.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #229
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I think Maria is the only person with the power to change Maria's dad's behavior.
That's why I wanted her to get her own lawyer.
So she can control her money, and who gets it.

Old Dec 6th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #230
the cat

Maria controls her own money and has her prize money wired into her bank accounts. She said that on the "Today Show" after she won Wimbledon. Matt Lauer asked Maria what she did with the money she got for winning Wimbledon and she said she had it wired into one of her bank accounts. That way it's her money and no one else can get their hands on it. She's a smart girl GL. Masha has it together on and off the court. And for all we know she could have her own lawyer.

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #231
VeraNuVirgosFan

VeraNuVirgosFan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Myskina has problems with Maria...
"Myskina has problems with Maria" maybe only after she lost to Masha at the YEC? (having already won over Masha 3 times this year).

YVera Brezhneva
of Nu Virgos * ВИА-Гра
Vera – You are my #1!! Я тебя так благодарна!!

* Maша Sharapova * Nicole V * Venus * Лена Dementieva * K-Lina Šprem *
VeraNuVirgosFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #232
the cat

I noticed that too, K-LSF.

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #233
country flag goldenlox

Maria's dad was giving Anastasia problems long before the YEC.
Just read Anastasia's interview at Indian Wells after beating Maria.
Question after question about the wacky dad.

Old Dec 7th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #234
the cat

It's over with GL. Things will be okay in 2005 between Maria and her opponents. I'm sure her father has been advised to tone it down.

Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #235
VeraNuVirgosFan

VeraNuVirgosFan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox
I don't think I'm teaching Maria anything. She plans on being in high school for another few years
And her dad will be at every match. Nastya will be thrilled to read that.
That's right.

Quote:
...Some ugliness occurred last month when French Open champion Anastasia Myskina threatened to quit Russia's Fed Cup team if Sharapova joins the squad, saying she doesn't like Sharapova's father, Yuri.

Sharapova won't ask her father to stay away from her matches.

"He's been with me throughout my whole life and my whole career,'' she said. "He's put so much effort and so much desire into trying to help me any way he can.''

Russian Fed Cup coach Shamil Tapischev said last month that Sharapova agreed to play next year. Sharapova said her representatives are talking to Tapischev, but nothing has been finalized. Sharapova, an only child, is extremely close to her parents. Even though she turns 18 in April, she's in no hurry to move out and be on her own. "I love my parents,'' she said. "I trust them so much that I don't feel I need to get rid of them.''
By BETH HARRIS, AP Sports Writer. December 15, 2004

YVera Brezhneva
of Nu Virgos * ВИА-Гра
Vera – You are my #1!! Я тебя так благодарна!!

* Maша Sharapova * Nicole V * Venus * Лена Dementieva * K-Lina Šprem *
VeraNuVirgosFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #236
the cat

GL, you shouldn't have Yuri Sharapov on your mind during the joyous holiday season.

By the way Miss Lox, wait until Dasha Sharapova and Maria's Uncle Alex join the WTA Tour in a few years. From what I've read Uncle Alex seems to be alot like his brother Yuri.