Mirjana's Campaign to Conquer Clay in 2014! - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 27th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #301
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's Campaign to Conquer Clay in 2014!

Really bad loss on red clay. Nothing more or less to say about it. Good luck in doubles.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #302
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

From Riske's post-match (courtesy of ESPN):

Riske, a 24-year-old who was born in Pittsburgh and lives in Atlanta, lost four of the first five games against Mirjana Lucic-Baroni, a native German who lives in Florida but plays under the flag of Croatia. And then Riske won 12 of the remaining 17 games to collect a tidy 7-6 (2), 6-3 victory.

"I felt like I got off to a little bit of a slow start," Riske said later, "but that wasn't really helped by the fact she didn't miss a ball. She was playing really well. I figured if I weathered the storm I would have my opportunities and that's kind of how it unfolded. I definitely ended it better than I started it.

"I had to be aggressive and had to go for it. Otherwise she was going to take it to me. I had to step up aggressively."
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #303
country flag bsza

bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold bsza is a splendid one to behold

Typical Miki... not surprised.
bsza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM   #304
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mirjana Lucic nakon poraza u prvom kolu

- Krenula sam jako dobro, imala dvije lopte za vodstvo od 5:1 u prvom setu, nakon toga odigrala sam dva lošija gema, ona se vratila u meč i sve je krenulo naopako. Servirala je odlično i više mi nije dala priliku za povratak. Užasno sam razočarana, prošlog sam tjedna igrala jako dobro u Strasbourgu, a onda mi se dogodi ovo ...
I started very good, had 2 game points for 5:1 lead in first set, after that I played 2 bad games and she come back and all started going downhill. Her serve was amazing so she really didn't give me any chance for comeback. I'm really disappointed, last week I played very good in Strasbourg and now this happens....

sorry, my english is not very very good So Riske's serve was key in this match (and Mirjana's head of course)

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote