Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

346K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

#1,612 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Well,at least Masha made it last more than an hour,so I guess that's SOMEthing...plus no one can ever take away that ass-whupping she laid on two-time defending champ Serena in the 2004 Wimby final.I suspect that Serena always holds on to that,at least a little,as extra motivation

#1,613 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Serena wins 6-1 6-3 in 1 hour 9 minutes.

The 2nd set should have been easier for Serena as twice she had Sharapova down 0-30 on her serve but failed to break.

#1,616 ·

Ugh. Both semis from LA are televised live but only 1 semi from Stanford is televised and that's on a tape delayed basis. :rolleyes:

#1,620 ·

I wish Caro wasn't tweeting with Rory Mcllroy again. It's just gonna invite more gossip/speculation about the two of them.

This possible/potential relationship could be a pretty big distraction and Caro really can't afford it with the US Open coming up.

#1,621 ·

I wish Caro wasn't tweeting with Rory McElroy again. It's just gonna invite more gossip/speculation about the two of them.

This possible/potential relationship could be a pretty big distraction and Caro really can't afford it with the US Open coming up.
I expect this to come up in every single interview at Toronto, there's no way the media is just letting it go... they asked her about every stupid rumor so far and there's more meat to it this time with the photos and everything. This won't go away anytime soon.

#1,622 ·

Meh, she's going to get into a serious relationship eventually. It's something she is going to need to deal with. Better sooner than later.

Having said that I'm not even convinced that there is a relationship but if there is it does not necessarily need to be a bad thing for her game. If she is happy in her personal life that may take some of the pressure off of her in her professional life. I'm just glad that in a little over a week she will be playing tennis again.:bounce:

#1,623 ·

Meh, she's going to get into a serious relationship eventually. It's something she is going to need to deal with. Better sooner than later.

Having said that I'm not even convinced that there is a relationship but if there is it does not necessarily need to be a bad thing for her game. If she is happy in her personal life that may take some of the pressure off of her in her professional life. I'm just glad that in a little over a week she will be playing tennis again.:bounce:
As long as she doesn't make bad relationship choices that'll only lead to regret,I agree with most all of what you've said.Chris Evert certainly had known relationships with men during her career and it rarely caused problems for her b/c she was strong enough to deal with the 'distraction'.Caro is capable of the same IF she keeps her head screwed on right

#1,625 ·

Oliver McCall may have to face Mortia again in San Diego :rolls:
Yes,I already mentioned that in post # 1617--the one you quoted on the previous page;).Btw,you should show judo champ Morita some respect by fixing the misspelling of her name...she deserves that respect after beating such a legendary champion:worship:,don't you think?

#1,626 ·

Yes,I already mentioned that in post # 1617--the one you quoted on the previous page;).Btw,you should show judo champ Morita some respect by fixing the misspelling of her name...she deserves that respect after beating such a legendary champion:worship:,don't you think?
nah, she usually beats those mediocre players in straight sets :p

#1,628 ·

Who the f is Oliver McCall? :lol:

#1,629 ·

Who the f is Oliver McCall? :lol:
Ana Ivanovic. :shrug:

I meant to good rep you for something funny you said in GM but it said I had to spread some reputation around. :(

#1,636 ·

One day, a whole page in this 'Caroline' thread will not have a single mention of Ana. Alas going by my age estimation for Bruce, that day is at least 40 years away.

#1,638 ·

Welcome back,Burisleif:);I was slightly concerned with your absence but figured you had a good reason:wavey:

#1,641 ·

Maybe I could provide a Spanish-language T-shirt for Caroline...something like 'Chingate,Chupapija Matt Cronin'.I seriously doubt that Matt speaks Spanish since he can barely babble coherently in his native tongue,but it'd be fun to see how long it took until someone translated Caro's "greeting" for him:p

#1,642 ·

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've posted here -- a year, yes? :lol: :p I've been too busy with tennis and fitness to come online. I was playing in Districts with one of my tennis teams and we had to play 5 touch matches last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I played the most amazing tennis I've ever played :) The two matches I lost I lost in 3 sets, so not a push over!! I cleaned the court with that poor woman I played in the Finals on Sunday, 6-2, 6-2. She was so nervous and I wasn't so...I just ran her off the court :p We are going to State next week. This week I'm doing a mixed doubles tournament with my coach. Just trying to enjoy the moment, I'm still on cloud 9 :)

I hope you guys are enjoying your break -- you're all probably chopping at the bit for Caro to take center stage once again :lol: I can't wait till I see her in Cincy again :)

I saw you guys were talking about Caro and Roy...well I don't like it either but seriously, you can't help who you are attracted to, whether for friends or a relationship. I wouldn't be, and I'm not, interested in a relationship with tennis and studies on my mind. I just don't have the time, and Caro definitely doesn't have the time. It is nice to have someone to lean on and be there to cheer for you all the time, but unless they support you and what you do, it's a lost cause, and Caro is still too young for something serious like a real relationship. I know, she's 21, but there is no need for hanging off a guy at that age...or any age younger than that. When I see 14 year old girls hanging off 17 year old boys I want to barf.
I know that I will meet my future husband through tennis...and he has to love riding horses too :p

We shall see how it goes. But really, I don't see anything wrong with Roy and Caroline going out. They do have a life, and the media is just hungry all the time for stupid relentless gossip. They don't have a life so they stalk the celebrities of all genres to paste their business on the front page of some stupid magazine. She deserves the best in life...she more power to her.

EDIT:

Oh! I wanted to tell you guys: I saw a woman at Districts that had Caro's new Stella outfit and she looked really cute in it! I need to mention that the woman was a lot older than Caroline but she was skinnier than Caro, but the dress is SO cute.

#1,645 ·

Too much niceness in that post to comment on specific parts...:hearts:

SwissMiss, you must never leave this forum.
We could try to be LESS nice but I already messed up earlier by unintentionally offending 'DIAH' in the other thread

#1,647 ·

There are quite a few flies buzzing around here at the cyber center.At home,I'm armed with insecticide and take special pleasure in killing roaches or flies when they're in the middle of mating...it's like killing two birds with one stone,except I'm killing millions--not just two--by interrupting the pests from their mating......and I actually love birds a lot,so I'd NEVER kill one of THEM with a stone...or anything else

#1,648 ·

There are quite a few flies buzzing around here at the cyber center.At home,I'm armed with insecticide and take special pleasure in killing roaches or flies when they're in the middle of mating...it's like killing two birds with one stone,except I'm killing millions--not just two--by interrupting the pests from their mating......and I actually love birds a lot,so I'd NEVER kill one of THEM with a stone...or anything else
Uh you're a bit creepy. :p

#1,653 ·

I heard about that, too... :p

My ranking:

mosquitos :fiery: > flies > ............. > cockroaches (never seen one :lol:) > spiders (I don't hate them... they eat mosquitos :lol:)

#1,655 ·

I heard about that, too... :p

My ranking:

mosquitos :fiery: > flies > ............. > cockroaches (never seen one :lol:) > spiders (I don't hate them... they eat mosquitos :lol:)
Yeah,you have to at least offer grudging respect to spiders in spite of their aesthetic outward ugliness....Every once in a blue moon,just for fun,I crush a mosquito in my bare hands and say,"You shoulda kept the noise down when you were flying around my ear...then maybe you wouldn't be dead,Dumb-ass!":p

#1,657 ·

On a roughly similar tack,there's a GM thread that quotes Radek Stepanek;obviously,I didn't bother to post or peruse there,but he supposedly said that he hoped for Vaidisova to return to tennis........One can only have an amused reaction to such a quote.Seriously,Radek,Nicole doesn't have any ambition,goals or direction in life: She married YOU!:haha:...instead of being the "First Couple of Tennis",those two would probably achieve the infamy,"First Couple Banned Simultaneously for Failed Drug Tests.":lol:

#1,658 ·

On a roughly similar tack,there's a GM thread that quotes Radek Stepanek;obviously,I didn't bother to post or peruse there,but he supposedly said that he hoped for Vaidisova to return to tennis........One can only have an amused reaction to such a quote.Seriously,Radek,Nicole doesn't have any ambition,goals or direction in life: She married YOU!:haha:...instead of being the "First Couple of Tennis",those two would probably achieve the infamy,"First Couple Banned Simultaneously for Failed Drug Tests.":lol:
I don't think it's that appropriate to be suggesting that a player is using drugs without some sort of evidence. :shrug:

#1,660 ·

....And let me add a couple comments to the previous post:

I worked in your US prison system for more than five years,Protoss,so you're not dealing with someone who has only an amateur background on criminal/aberrant behavior.I've seen countless files and can tell you from experience that recreational coke users almost invariably flock to others who have the same behavioral patterns....The fact that Radek has been a documented sleaze in other aspects of his life only lends credence that he lacks character or high values.

Theoretically speaking,Martina used coke and Radek disapproved...but I'd deem that a fairly stupid theory:shrug:....I'd call it far MORE likely that they used together

#1,662 ·

Caro wouldn't like it if she knew you were reflecting her idol in a negative light :angel:
Let me be clear that I don't even dislike Hingis a little bit;rather,I'm impressed with how she fared in the WTA despite her lack of raw power.Whatever her personal indiscretions may have been,I don't think that cocaine--regardless of how long she used it--is what allowed her to compile such a solid W/L record against the WS or success in Slams.As a tennis player,at least,she belongs on the list of legends,IMO

#1,663 ·

It's irrelevant if Hingis used coke or not. It's not a performance enhancing drug unless she actually used it during her matches. The powers that be would do better to worry about epo, steroids and growth hormone. Recreational drugs like coke or marihuana don't enhance performance and should be of no interest to the itf or wta, except for the holier than thou types that if they had their way would suspend players for smoking a cigarette or not eating enough apples.

#1,664 ·

It's irrelevant if Hingis used coke or not. It's not a performance enhancing drug unless she actually used it during her matches. The powers that be would do better to worry about epo, steroids and growth hormone. Recreational drugs like coke or marihuana don't enhance performance and should be of no interest to the itf or wta, except for the holier than thou types that if they had their way would suspend players for smoking a cigarette or not eating enough apples.
Yeah,you're right on target in re cocaine;there have been some boxers whose trainers subtly slipped them cocaine in their corners during a match but,as you said,it's not gonna help you at all,as a stimulant,if you used it 2 hours ago

#1,671 ·

Bruce, despite my uneasiness when it comes to your graphic descriptions of your executions of roaches I have to admit that I am right there with you when it comes to killing mosquitoes. Sometimes I get a little too involved in it and am overcome by bloodlust. Lately I have taken to leaving their corpses on the walls as a warning to the others but the message does not seem to be sinking in.

I will not get too descriptive here but this year has been especially bad and I am finding bites on my body in very strange places.:eek:

#1,672 ·

this year has been especially bad
I haven't seen a mosquito in weeks. :lol: It's probably too cold in Germany.. :help:

#1,675 ·

Oliver McCall won a match today, taking the boxing world by storm :cheer:
When a boxer comes out of retirement or back from a long layoff,he often schedules a creampuff opponent who's easy to smack around...that way he can masquerade somewhat as a legit championship contender....not a perfect analogy,but that's roughly what happened today:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.