NCAA Tournament Eligibility Watchlist - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #16
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: NCAA Tournament Eligibility Watchlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Now teams are starting to cancel matches to avoid finishing under sub 0.500.

#46 Georgia State who is 6-8 overall has canceled 2 matches they could lose in at Louisville and vs North Texas. The only explanation given was a schedule of conflict.

I don't understand how this is being allowed. We see teams that are devastated with injuries that can only send out 4 players and have to forfeit 2 singles & 1 doubles but still have to play the match.
Was this rule invented by the same committee that wanted to shorten the matches by using third set tiebreaker, no warmup, etc.?
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #17
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

gouci is furious because Georgia St. vs Louisville isn't played; UCI beat Louisville, so..

But will it help UCI to host the Regional? Isn't Louisville winning the conference their only hope?

UCI should've scheduled Nebraska..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #18
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I was looking up about the host team for the NCAA national tournament, and found another example of inventive scheduling by a team facing the bite of the 50% edibility rule. head coach Michelle Dasso said. "We needed some wins, and we got them." They added a doubleheader match with an experimental format where they played four singles matches simultaneously with one doubles match. They counted the doubles match as two points, and each singles match as one. Mysta played the second set while sophomore Mia Townsell (Gardnerville, Nev./Douglas) played the first set of the doubles contest.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Apr 7th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #19
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

What if it ends as a 3-3 tie?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #20
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Updated the OP.

Vanderbilt, Virginia and South Carolina are officially safe.

Arkansas and Tennessee continue to add matches and Baylor continues to look most likely to lose out if they can't find any more matches to add.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #21
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
gouci is furious because Georgia St. vs Louisville isn't played; UCI beat Louisville, so..
The ITA website is showing a Louisville win over #65 Georgia State.

They must have been awarded the win via protest.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #22
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

baylor won today, 1 match under .500

SURVIVOR Announcement

Here
randy72391 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #23
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy72391 View Post
baylor won today, 1 match under .500
Another impressive road win at Oklahoma State moves them to .500. Now Baylor just needs to split with Texas/Texas Tech and win 1 match in the Big XII tournament (or add more doubleheaders ).
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote