Tennis Forum banner

Congratulations to Annika Beck for making the Top 45 for the first time

6K views 83 replies 41 participants last post by  Northstar 
#1 ·
Her ranking is most likely going to be 43 and this is her highest yet! Congrats to the young German :)

I need some sort of good news because you guys know what I went through with the germans this week. Very hard losses for us.

Reactions: Haseo.
#60 ·
Well seeing how thousands of woman are trying to make a name for themselves in tennis, just simply being in the top 100 is an impressive accomplishment. So to answer your question, yes it is.

#5 ·
Let's hope #Nathanael, that you will not open other threads when she will reach 40,35 and so long.

Anyway, congrats to Beck!! Is always good when youngsters come forward.

#10 ·
Of all the things in the world you could be pretend to be, I'm puzzled that you pretend to be German. Most Germans don't even want to be German.. :lol:
Nathanael isn't german? :oh:

#9 ·
Yeah, word to the wise Nathanael. Save these sorts of posts for when one of your favourite players reaches a widely-regarded significant milestone such as a debut in the Top 20, Top 10 or Top 5. Otherwise, you risk peeing people off even more.

#14 ·
and trashed 0-6 0-6 this week

#16 ·
Annika played a tough opponent and half of the time she was one shot away from gaining a point so its okay. She gained practice. She is 20 years old people give her a break. She is still just getting her feet wet.

#17 ·
You are a right a little bit, but just hope that she will not have to many of this results, cos it can lower her confidence a lot and she is just at begining of her road in WTA.

#22 ·
Tough loss for Annika but she is the best German as far as coping with emotions. She was down 60 50 in set 2 and didn't cry or show any emotion. If sabine was or angelique was in that position we would see a load of tears and yelling.

#24 ·
Top 45 is a thing, for me at least. Huge accomplishment. Not many players in the top 100 have accomplished this.

#29 ·
The thing I don't get with Nathanael is that he likes Annika and the other players just because they are German. If Annika would be Dutch, he wouldn't give a shit. If Arantxa Rus would be a German citizen, he would be her biggest fan. This is something I don't understand. It has nothing to do with success, gamestyle or sympathy..

And the irony here is that national pride isn't really a "German thing" these days.. :lol:

#39 ·
I disagree. Every match I watch, there are people with flags showing their national pride for their favorite players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.