Johanna Konta - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #601
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of
Re: Johanna Konta

Nara
Konta

Siniakova
Glushko

Kozlova
Dulgheru

Tatishvili
Vinci

Nobody beats Kurumi Nara 6 times in a row?
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #602
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #603
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

What happens when we expect Jo to beat someone for the 6th time in a row? She loses 2&0. Absolutely NID

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #604
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice

Winning only two games against her pigeon Nara who hadn't even won a set against Jo in their first five matches. I heard about the fall and she withdrew from Baku so I hope she's not seriously injured and her withdrawal is just precautionary.

Last edited by nimble kitty : Jul 21st, 2014 at 11:12 AM.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #605
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I hope she will be ok...she's had too many injuries at this stage.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM   #606

nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice nimble kitty is just really nice

Withdrew from Washington now as well.
Old Jul 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #607
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

The performance against Nara was an absolute shocker. I watched quite a lot of it, though I missed the heavy fall she reportedly sustained at 2-3 in the 1st set. I saw the beginning of the match, and everything to a close from 2-5 in the first set. Nara started remarkably sharp and confident considering the string of beat-downs Jo had previously inflicted on her. Needless to say, I didn't have the pleasure of watching Jo win a single measly game during the latter half of my viewing. It was just horrible. She didn't appear to be hindered by injury, so much as the heavy breeze which created havoc with her service toss. Though she quickly went down 0-2 in the 2nd set Jo had a game-point in every game thereon (if I recall correctly). She had ample chances to turn the set around but she dumped simple returns in the net on her break-points at 0-2 and again at 0-4 and at break-point down on her own serve at 0-3 she served what must have been one of the worst double-faults in tennis history. Get this! - she mishit her 2nd serve so completely that it would have travelled a mile across the neighbouring courts if a fence hadn't intervened. Even at 40-15 up on her last service game Jo contrived to lose four points in a row to complete her act of self-bagelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimble kitty View Post
Withdrew from Washington now as well.
The fall was obviously serious but I have no details of the injury she sustained: since she's now withdrawn from both Baku and Washington it was more than just shock. The timing couldn't have been worse, ranking-wise. She chose Washington in favour of defending her ITF 100K title in Vancouver. It's good to see Jo wanting to test herself on the WTA tour more and more - playing higher calibre opponents regularly should in theory improve her game - but since she's now out of action her ranking is going to take a hit. Will her stay in the Top 100 prove fleeting?
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #608
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Hmm. Maybe quite injured then?

On the one hand, that's obviously bad news, on the other, it makes her heavy defeat to Nara more understandable
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #609

Thanks for the match report Gruftgesänge. I've seen her play badly like how you describe where she can hardly keep the ball in play but it tends to only last a set, like when she went 0-5 against Sirotkina before going on to win 9 games in a row. Or more often, when she's got a substantial lead and is nearing the end of her match gets tight. I've never really liked her jerky service action tbh which breaks down so easily when Jo becomes nervous.

It'd be a shame if she is seriously injured given that the North American hard courts are usually the best part of her season. At the mo she is still down on the qualies list to play Rogers Cup and is 2nd Alt at Cinncinati so hopefully she can sneak in the qualie draw there.

The rankings do worry me too - 50pts off this week from the Vancouver 25K win will take her out of the top 100 at 102 by my calculations (not 100% accurate of course) and then the following week 140pts off from her 100K title putting her at no.132 with 467pts. But tbh it really reflects her year which had been very poor until the grass season (which could've been better ). Anyway, I hope she recovers quickly so she can get back to playing, whether that be winning or losing.