Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#1,946 ·
I know my ranting here doesn't help anyone, but it hurts my eyes (and mind) to see that in Imola MD the 3rd seed is ranked 323 and in Darmstadt 363. All those waisted opportunities... :sobbing:
I really should not browse those tournaments anymore :lol:

#1,951 · (Edited)
I know this is completely irrelevant but I just had to post this given the comments from fellow Forummers about $25,000 Tallinn's streaming and scoring :D

For a country that is so technologically aware, this is very embarassing :haha: Even tournaments that only care about player's money like Antalya and Sharm El Sheikh have livescoring with Antalya having permanent streaming :lol:

BTW, Anett's boyfriend has to play Jurgen first round in Tallinn :oh:
Maybe that's why she's not playing Woking :haha:

BTW, to add to the general sad tone, I was looking at lists in America and she would have been highly seeded in Granby and made MD in all the 50Ks :sobbing: I am surprised she hasn't played tournaments there before given that in general she has played well there :)

#1,960 ·
The pic (with the gossip article) is from Õhtuleht: http://www.ohtuleht.ee/533912

Anett wasn't very eager to discuss this "boyfriend question" though and said she has to go to training. Poor her, this is the price of being somewhat famous in Estonia, media starts sniffing in your private life right away :lol:

On the photo chingching posted earlier in this thread they looked very nice together though :)

So are we to assume that Anett is going to play some tournaments (like Perth, Margaret River or Bendigo) in Oz in October? :oh:

#1,961 ·
I hope she does because they are all so weak :D She may play the Bendigo's because it is joint Men and Women and he is from Victoria (the state Bendigo is in :D) I was actually going to play that tournament when it was a 25K this year but I won't now :lol: Just Juniors till next years Sydney 10Ks :armed:

I do feel a little sorry for Anett (not as sorry that her boyfriend lives thousands of KMs away) but her reaction was completely priceless :lol:

#1,965 ·
Wow :eek:
Quite a large family then :D
It's funny that she only mentioned Marit when asked if she had Siblings :lol:

She is also going to play Izmir 10K tournament, 4th in the EL there.
Anett's tournament choice gets more stupid by the day :sobbing: Now only is Izmir very strong as a 25K but 10Ks are more useless to her than Juniors :sobbing:

Why didn't she just play tournaments now like Imola or Darmstadt :facepalm:

#1,966 ·
Pulls out of 75k to enter 10k? :spit: Ok, I get it, she wants to take the maximum out of that trip to Turkey, but seriously her choice of tournaments is so chaotic. Well, at least she now gets to play three tournaments in a row which will be a plenty of matches hopefully.

#1,967 · (Edited)
If she goes far in Wrexham I really hope she pulls out of the 10K :)

Her scheduling is so stupid though. Why not play another Moscow 25K where she will be seeded based on P1s. Then she can play the 50K in Kazan (which I expect her to play given it is on HC), take a few weeks off and then play the next 50K + H :lol: Knowing her she won't play the Russian tournaments because she will be burned out from playing 10Ks :facepalm: :hysteric:

I have no idea who does her scheduling but I haven't seen one good choice so far this year except maybe the Post-Australian 25s :lol:

#1,970 ·
Wrexham 25K:
(8)Mari Tanaka (JPN) v (wc)Manisha Foster (GBR)
Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Jessica Moore (AUS)
Nuria Parrizas-Diaz (ESP) v (Q)Lucy Brown (GBR)
(3)Jovana Jaksic (SRB) v Chiaki Okadaue (JPN)

Moore recently reached to the final and QF (lost 4 and 2 to Alisa Kleybanova) in 10K tournaments, but those are pretty much her only best results lately, Anett should beat her :)

#1,978 ·
Yeah, unbelieveable :facepalm:

But nevertheless - Anett won 75 64 :bounce:
This will still not take her to top 300 though, we have to wait for the next win.

She will have another tough match against Jaksic though who has barely lost any games :scared:

#1,981 ·
IMO Anett can win this match but it will be a tough ask. Jaksic has bought nearly all her points and there have been many times when we have doubted Anett's form and then suddenly she wins a big match easily (Kulichkova in Moscow :lol:)
She needs to get her revenge against the parrot from Malaysia(I think :scared:) G1 in 2011 :lol:
She is first up tomorrow though so hopefully the Livescore will work :lol:
Does anyone know her stats from the match vs Tanaka? :)

#1,988 ·
Anett lost 7-5 6-3 :(
Obviously all the missed opportunities came back to haunt her :lol:
She really could/should have won this match because she is a better player than Jaksic and it seems that maybe even in the first she was the one looking the better :shrug:
Anyway, shame she couldn't take advantage of the delay (if there really was one :lol:) and turn it around but it is all a learning curve :)
She could have won this tournament given the field and the girls who annoyed her to lose probably will :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.