Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

240K views 5K replies 106 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Time for a new volume!

#3,054 · (Edited)
I watched 'Trance' it was really cool - storyline really messed with your mind :eek:

Just visited the results thread in GM and am astounded by some posters. You'd think that with their fave winning they couldn't just be happy. They don't even have to say anything about Maria, but this is what drags womens tennis down with the lack of respect. Ofc dooms and dominic were on their usual tirade but the majority of us congratulated Serena on her excellent play and ofc supported our fave. WTF is wrong with people today? My comment about Serena playing great and that I hope her fans were just as respectful lead to a reply saying I had 'no right to preach because I was a pova tard or w/e' you simply cannot win in that cesspit

And then bringing up that we were all celebrating in OUR live scoring thread after the first set, and mocking us for it, I mean. TF is fucked up :spit:

#3,055 ·
I watched 'Trance' it was really cool - storyline really messed with your mind :eek:

Just visited the results thread in GM and am astounded by some posters. You'd think that with their fave winning they couldn't just be happy. They don't even have to say anything about Maria, but this is what drags womens tennis down with the lack of respect. Ofc dooms and dominic were on their usual tirade but the majority of us congratulated Serena on her excellent play and ofc supported our fave. WTF is wrong with people today? My comment about Serena playing great and that I hope her fans were just as respectful lead to a reply saying I had 'no right to preach because I was a pova tard or w/e' you simply cannot win in that cesspit

And then bringing up that we were all celebrating in OUR live scoring thread after the first set, and mocking us for it, I mean. TF is fucked up :spit:
In the long run you will come to the same conclusion that I and many others before me have come - that it's best to stay away from GM. Leave General Morons to the assholes and lowlifes.

#3,057 · (Edited)
Maria :sad: I'll watch the replay still. I guess we've got to look at the positives.

She did win a set in a Miami final.
She did win a set playing Serena.

That's something she hasn't done in years. It also means she's starting to crack the code. Even if the ending is bad, she's doing something right.

Reactions: Trih
#3,067 ·
Happy Easter guys!

Maria did more against Serena than she's done in 5 years, and though we're gutted that she couldn't quite go all the way, and no doubt she's devastated, she's come back from worse disappointments before. In fact, you can bet your arse that Maria will be looking at the positives going into the clay season. She has a lot more to be happy about than this time last year, and certainly more to be happy about than when she last played Serena.

Let's not forget that Maria has played a lot of tennis in March, twice as much as Serena has. Though I wouldn't say that's why she lost (Serena clearly stepped it up), a more rested Masha would have been able to put up more fight in that third set. She deserves her rest now, and will come back fresh and ready for the clay.

She will be brimming with confidence on clay, returning to scenes of happy memories. Onwards and upwards :cheer:

edit: also, my bum muscles are still hurting, does anyone know any good stretches or something?

#3,083 ·
Tube: Take the westbound District Line. The closest tube stations are Southfields (15 minutes) and Wimbledon (20 minutes). At Southfields or Wimbledon Stations, board the connecting London General shuttle bus service direct to The Championships or, alternatively, you can walk or take a taxi.

Train: There is a regular train service from London (Waterloo) to Wimbledon Station. In addition many other long distance trains call at Wimbledon from stations such as Portsmouth, Havant, Winchester, Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole, Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury and Exeter. At Wimbledon Station board the connecting London General shuttle bus service direct to the grounds. Buses depart about every five minutes.

:)

got this from the official website, didn't remember it from the top of my head :secret:

#3,078 ·
Hey guys!! Similar to lylux i'm making something to maria's birthday.
The ideia is to make a video with 26 different messages from 26 fans. In a 10-15 short video each fan would record a message in english mentioning something he is thankful to video. that video will be followed by "Happy Birthday" in his own languague.
What do you say? Can i count with some of you for this??

Tweet me at @shezocas or send me an email to mariasharapovafas@hotmail.com for any doubt!
Thanks!!

#3,086 ·
thread about Maria-Serena's match in GM turned into ugly mess , just trolling and flooding.... As usual no mods to stop it, because trolling about Masha is allowed

#3,092 ·
I think I've already repressed that one time I got banned in the beginning of IW :lol: :spit:. Still not quite sure what I did to deserve it, but whatever. If I'm gonna be banned, I'm happy it was while insulting Vika :lol:

#3,102 ·
i like how Olivia is never banned for flooding , she is making usually quotes + smiles , something like 3-4 posts in a row , it's against rules on the forum

#3,105 ·
Chris and Marco did you say yes to the lovely Shezocas's DM? I've done like 5 takes and I'm freaking out about what I should put in the background etc.. :hysteric:

*everyone else just ignore this because it won't make any sense and I'm pretty sure it's confidential anyways :oh:*

Also that text thing, my friends always say "LETS GET WHITE GIRL WASTEDDDDDD" before we go out clubbing :crying2:

#3,112 ·
Chris and Marco did you say yes to the lovely Shezocas's DM? I've done like 5 takes and I'm freaking out about what I should put in the background etc.. :hysteric:

*everyone else just ignore this because it won't make any sense and I'm pretty sure it's confidential anyways :oh:*
I did yes! But not quite sure how long my message should be (and what to say) do you have any ideas Mark?
I said yes too but I'm mortified by this whole idea :sobbing:
Will try to do one in the next few days :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.