Tennis Forum banner

Ekaterina Makarova making waves Thread

249K views 4K replies 117 participants last post by  jimbo mack 
#1 · (Edited)
16 yr old Katya won her 2nd $10k of 2004 over the weekend :banana:
doing a Romanian clean sweep in last 3 rds including both Niculescu sisters and then beating top seed Matei 61 61 in final :bounce: :bounce:

lets hear it for lefty Katya
not many Russian south-paws players about :eek:

go Katya ;) :kiss: :kiss:
good luck :)

#3,195 ·
Disappointing that Kate lost to Sorribes Tormo and Lena/Sveta are in the final.
Kate has to get her singles game more solid/

#3,196 ·
Miami: If Halep is not in form its a good draw, but after IW she needs to focus on round 2

(3)Halep v BYE
Kucova v Osaka
Q v Q
(32)Makarova v BYE
(21)Garcia v BYE
Peng v Kovinic
Bouchard v (wc)Barty
(14)Stosur v BYE

#3,198 ·
Lost the last 2 sets 62 62 to Kontaveit. Terrible at both IW & Miami.
Maybe Kate is finished as asingles player? IDK, but this is as bad as she has ever been
Now they're both out of singles, lets see if they compete in doubles today

#3,199 ·
Only saw the first set but I didn't think she played that badly against Anett actually. The Enticing Erratic Estonian is in good form at the minute and was having a good day.

Still a match you would expect an in form Kate to win - but clearly she isn't near that the minute.

Still has the doubles at least. Grönefeld/Peschke this afternoon - a match Lena and Kate should win - if they play well enough.

#3,201 ·
This is the worst form I've seen from Kate in a long time, so lets see if she can turn it around in Monterrey

1 Kerber vs WC Schiavone
Kostova vs Minella
Watson vs Stojanovic
Allertova vs 6/WC Makarova

#3,204 ·
This is as bad as I can remember for Kate. She might have to become doubles only like Mirza if she cant win singles matches anymore

#3,205 ·
I dont know why Kate is in Stuttgart. She needs to get a few wins

(wc)Sharapova v Vinci
Makarova v (7)Radwanska

#3,213 ·
Kate played very well until she got a break point at 5-5. Then she missed an open court and started playing like she's been playing all year, losing badly after that
But the first 10 games were good, so it was a step towards winning some matches this summer
She is only 49 in the race this week, so she needs some wins at these big events coming up

Reactions: NoExit
#3,215 ·
I just looked at the race and right after Kate is Jabeur & Alexandrova. Those 2 are not going to be in many premier draws and Kate needs to get some wins while she still is in main draws of premiers.

Reactions: NoExit
#3,216 ·
Has a tough draw in Rabat, Morocco. #1 seed in round 2, after playing Sharapova in round 2

(1)Pavlyuchenkova v Q
Makarova v Wickmayer
Bondarenko v Siegemund
Q v (7)Davis

#3,217 ·
Nice win over Wickmayer! Kate moved up from 49 to 43 in the race with the win over Radwanska.
Now a big match with #1 seed Nastia, who is 12 in the race.
It looks like Kate is finding her form and this should be a good match.

#3,218 ·
Kate lost 26 57. She was up 53 in set 2 and lost the last 4 games.
A tough draw playing #1 seed in round 2.

#3,221 ·
Tough Rome draw. Kate's playing better. Lets see how this goes

(4) Cibulkova vs BYE
Makarova vs Vinci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.