Tennis Forum banner

Olympic Champion! - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

339K views 4K replies 175 participants last post by  vodnar 
#1 · (Edited)
Name: Belinda Bencic
Date of Birth: 10. 03. 1997

:cheer:
She is 13 and coached by Martina's mother. :)
Since this Monday, she is ranked #3 in the European U14 ranking :hearts:

See less See more
Reactions: Sombrerero loco
#2,069 ·
6-1, 7-6 against Hantuchova in her first match in Miami. Good job girl!

#2,075 ·
No surprise. Casey has nothing to hurt Belinda with.

#2,076 ·
I like it how she establish as a top player with every tournament. Keep this up girl!

#2,079 ·
Should be fairly easy.

#2,083 ·
Sloane beat Jo-La, so it'll be Sloane vs Belinda.

#2,085 ·
Belinda lost 6-4 7-6(7-5)to Sloane, although both played quite well. Nothing to worry about, really.

#2,086 ·
Hi guys, Belinda impressed me a lot during IW and Miami and I will support her from now on. She doesn't have weapons to dominate the tour but I believe she could become a solid top 15 player, maybe even a top 10er. She is a fighter and I like that she speaks Slovak so I can understand her.
Shame that she lost today, but she showed courage against Stephens and was very close to beat her. I am looking forward to watch Belinda's next matches. :)

#2,087 · (Edited)
Belinda :hug:

I think she played well, but just couldn't execute consistently in the pressure moments. If she develops her transition game and/or uses drop shots, her game could be so much more effective. And becoming physically stronger and quicker in time wouldn't hurt, either. She's still so young.

#2,092 ·
Belinda is seeded 12th in Charleston and opens with Casey. R2 would be an unkown qualifier or Christina and a possible rematch with JJ in R3 or Maria/Falconi.