Tennis Forum banner

Olympic Champion! - Belinda Benčič Cheering Thread

339K views 4K replies 175 participants last post by  vodnar 
#1 · (Edited)
Name: Belinda Bencic
Date of Birth: 10. 03. 1997

:cheer:
She is 13 and coached by Martina's mother. :)
Since this Monday, she is ranked #3 in the European U14 ranking :hearts:

See less See more
Reactions: Sombrerero loco
#1,983 ·
:lol: you really can't make this up.

#1,987 ·
Well Goerges rolled over Belinda, 2 & 1. :sad: To Bel's defense, she played really well, her serve & FH were working like in a dream. :tears: Also, she was killing poor baby's serve in return. :sobbing:

I think this loss can't be all negative, it can be a vigorous reality check for Belinda that she's far from arrived yet. :hug:

#1,988 ·
I think this loss can't be all negative, it can be a vigorous reality check for Belinda that she's far from arrived yet. :hug:
Some big power-hitters just aren't good match-ups for her when they're on their game. Belinda can't defend well enough at this point and she can't impose her game, either. I hope this is a good learning experience for her. :hug:

#1,989 ·
The match was more or less the same level as the one in Sydney, probably not quite as terrible but still not going to get it done again the majority of remotely in form top 100 players.

She needs matches. I wish she had signed up for some Internationals this season. All of her tournaments are Premiers or higher. I have to say it's poor scheduling, she's good but she's still 17 and has plenty of things to iron out. Internationals are a great place to do that. Right now with her form it's going to be rough in her upcoming slate of tournaments.

#1,992 ·
There's really nothing to say. Belinda played like crap. It's not all bad if she learns from this. Let's hope that's the case.

#1,995 ·
I think it's a good idea for Belinda to play this. Some big names there including Sadikovic, Von Deichmann, Ottomano and Swiss top junior Rebeka Masarova. :cheer:

#1,996 ·
Is that like some sort of Swiss League or something?

#2,003 ·
Belinda showing who is in charge with her play today and that statement.

#2,007 ·
She really seems to be regressing. In her 2014 form she would have routined Cornet (as she did in Fed Cup). She needs to improve...everything. Winless in 2015 and her next events are Dubai and Doha...not looking good.
Outside of Fed Cup, but yeah. She had so many opportunities to come forward in this match, but remained planted on the baseline. :(

#2,010 ·
I have nothing to say regarding yesterday's match. Let's move on to the next tournament.